• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FIP Travel Stena Line Holyhead - Dublin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harryba

We are travelling (Saturday July 28) with FIP Coupons for free travel ATOC and Stena Line from Milton Keynes - Holyhead - Dublin. We will take the 14:00 Ferry from Holyhead
We would like to make a reservation. But we can‘t call the Call Center of Stena Line, because the phone number is blocked in Switzerland. They can‘t help us by eMail.
Do you think it will be necessary to make a reservation? Are the Ferrys sometimes booked out?
For the Train (Virgin) we have the same Problem. No chance to make a reservation without buying a ticket (over the internet). We will travel 1. class. Are they booked out on Saturday morning?
Thanks.
Greetings from Switzerland
Harald

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanP

It sounds strange to me that a call center would be blocked from being called. Presumably they are blocking you themselves and it'sd not some for of Swiss government censorship?!

It does look, to be fair, that for the UK they have only special premium rate numbers, However, for Germany they list "0049 431 / 9099 (from outside Germany)". Maybe try calling that instead, if you speak German?

It's not possible for the train to be 'booked out', only a slim chance that you won't get a seat. However, I think think that 1st Class on a weekend will be pretty empty since it's mainly aimed at business travellers.

Last edited:

If you try to tweet stenalineukie they are often good to reply or try to phone their irish number. 0035319075388 (includes all codes).

gazthomas

Established Member
I picked Italy on their website and I has a non premium, normal UK number based in Clacton:

+44 1255 202 345

Harryba

I picked Italy on their website and I has a non premium, normal UK number based in Clacton:

+44 1255 202 345
Thanks. We called this number, but they couldn‘t help us. We have to call the other call Center.

Grüsse / Bonjour / Buongiorno Harold!

As far as I know, the port tax free offer on Stena Irish Sea routes are ''officially" only open to CIE and ATOC/GBPR staff.. The Stena BV coupon is for use on Harwich / Hoek van Holland.
We use our staff travel passes for the Irish sea Stena routes and for P&O on Dover / Calais and Hull / Zeebrugge / Rotterdam, not coupons.

Like I say, these are the "official rules"...

I wish you a nice time in England / Cymru / Éire, although sadly you will find that our privatised railways are nowhere near as nice and efficient as your SBB-CFF-FFS und BLS etc..!

Agenehme Reise!

Status
Not open for further replies.