• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fire at Southall yesterday 27/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
Surprised this hasn't been reported here; allegedly a train carriage was destroyed and one or two others damaged

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/new...uthall-fire-heathrow-paddington-live-15469731
A fire near Heathrow Airport could lead to cancellations and disruption on the railways in west London.

Passengers are being warned of problems between Paddington and Heathrow because of a blaze in Southall.

Transport for London announced the "severe delays" just after 6am this morning (Tuesday, November 27).
Anyone have more info on the vehicles concerned?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I think this nearly caused a mainline steam rail to have been cancelled on Tuesday, there was another problem in the area too, maybe at Ealing. The police were called to one or both of these, however in the end all was well.

I just read the article mentioned above. I not not realise how serious the fire was.

hassaanhc

Established Member
Managed to take a couple of photos.

The rake of 5 disused coaches in the yard (photo taken from the platform at Southall station):
DSC_0486_00001.jpg

Closer view of burnt out coach 5876 (photo taken from on board Class 360 train):
DSC_0504_00001.jpg

Ash Bridge

Established Member
It has to be said you did extremely well to capture those excellent shots from a moving train, many thanks for posting.

theironroad

Established Member
It has to be said you did extremely well to capture those excellent shots from a moving train, many thanks for posting.

Good pics, but dont think train was moving. they say first was taken from Southall platform and second from a train, which I guess was stopped in Southall platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.