• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

fireball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
At least it never made a huge bang like the one over Scotland last month.
I never saw it here on the Humber, maybe a map of where it was visible could be made?

scott118

I was 'lucky' enough to see it...then listening to 5live on my way home, they had some Aussie girl on, explaining what it was. I'm not sure, however i think she mentioned a website, that tracks sightings, so might be worth a listen from 5am onwards, if that service is available on a podcast...

DarloRich

Veteran Member
“No one would have believed in the first years of the twenty first century that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's and yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water.”

apologies: H G Wells

Phil.

Established Member
Ah fireballs. That brings me on to Fireball XL5 which was devised by Gerry Anderson who also devised Thunderbirds which had a character called Lady Penelope who was voiced by Sylvia Anderson - Gerry's wife who has just died. R.I.P. Lady Penelope

Darren R

Established Member
“No one would have believed in the first years of the twenty first century that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's and yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water.”

Has anyone been up to the sandpits on Horsell Common to check? (Best to be sure! :lol:)

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Why

But the chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one!

Status
Not open for further replies.