• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Firefox Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaleCooper

Established Member
I have found Firefox to be very slow since the last update, particularly when switching between tabs there has been a significant lag.

I googled the problem and found this on Mozilla's support pages:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-slow-after-updating-firefox-38

After the recent update to Firefox 38, some Windows users may notice that Firefox responds more slowly while you type in a search, enter a web address, or navigate its controls, than its prior versions.

Mozilla is currently working on a long-term fix, but if you are affected, you can take these steps to fix the issue yourself:

A suggested solution was to disable hardware acceleration (instructions are provided on the support pages), I tried this and there seems to have been an improvement. Perhaps others may find this useful.

It's pretty bad that Mozilla didn't inform users of this known problem.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aldaniti

I've found Firefox pretty laggy for the last couple of few years. I moved over to Opera and am very happy with it - I'm surprised it hasn't got a greater market share to be honest.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I've found Firefox pretty laggy for the last couple of few years. I moved over to Opera and am very happy with it - I'm surprised it hasn't got a greater market share to be honest.

I had the same thing and migrated to Chrome.

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
Try disabling each extension that you're using in turn, one might be causing it to slow down?

Status
Not open for further replies.