• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First 395 has been shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first 395 is in a ship in at sea some where and the 4 395's are going to Southampton and on rail to Ashford and what will the numbers of the 395's be. Will it be 395/0 or 395/1

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Callufrax

I'll have to visit and try them out, once they enter service. I wonder if a BritRail Pass, or an All Line Rover, will be valid on them.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The 395 is OHLE _and_ third rail.

Nym

Established Member
140 on OHLE, which I think is just slow considering the line is rated at 200! and 100 on 3rd rail, yay, 20 years after designing 140mph trains we finaly get a line to run them on and we aint using the origional trains!

Mintona

Established Member
Tom with the sarcasm ;)

Actually, I'm looking forward to them arriving, and sampling them :D

TheSlash

Established Member
Don't get your hopes up, they are being shipped to Southampton. :roll:
They'll be wrecked by the time they pass St Denys

Oracle

Established Member
I wonder where in Southampton they are going to unload the trains? By the Cunard terminal, which of course has a rail connection, or Western Docks near the City Terminal?

TheSlash

Established Member
Trains in and out of the East docks run a gauntlet of rocks, machine gun fire and mortars, so it will probably be the Western docks, although they aren't exactly secure either.

Status
Not open for further replies.