First arrest over London bombings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Met Driver

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
1,734
If the individual is a British citizen, he could, in theory be put on trial for High Treason (if he played a major part in the bombings). He would then risk coming face to face with the gallows...
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
48,834
Location
Yorkshire
Seth said:
If the individual is a British citizen, he could, in theory be put on trial for High Treason (if he played a major part in the bombings). He would then risk coming face to face with the gallows...
No, we don't kill people any more, and we shouldn't do that now. Two wrongs never make a right.
 

Met Driver

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
1,734
yorkie said:
Seth said:
If the individual is a British citizen, he could, in theory be put on trial for High Treason (if he played a major part in the bombings). He would then risk coming face to face with the gallows...
Two wrongs never make a right.
I'm not suggesting that they do, I'm simply drawing attention to the fact that he could face the death penalty if convicted of high treason.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
48,834
Location
Yorkshire
Death penalty abolished 1965. In October 1998 the government introduced an amendment to the Human Rights Bill that abolished the death penalty as a possible punishment for military offences under the Armed Forces Acts.
 

Angus

Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
80
Location
The Dore Triangle
Seth said:
If the individual is a British citizen, he could, in theory be put on trial for High Treason (if he played a major part in the bombings). He would then risk coming face to face with the gallows...
TBH if they are guilty I wouldn't miss them if they were executed, although normally I don't support the death sentence (because innocent people can be killed, and then it's too late). But they're not going to be anyway, so it's academic.
 

Ben

Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
1,000
the arrest made in hyde park leeds is 200 yds from my brothers house - hes safe thats all we know
 

jd

Member
Joined
9 Jun 2005
Messages
675
If he gets put in prison, he will get the s**t beat out of him.... I've heard stories of paedopiles and stuff, this guy/these guys will get 100x worse. I can't say I feel any sympathy for them though.
 

Ben

Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
1,000
yorkie said:
TPE said:
the arrest made in hyde park leeds is 200 yds from my brothers house - hes safe thats all we know
I thought he was based in York?
moved now mate

he still isnt allowed home :(

hes thinking of coming here if they're not allowed home tomorrow
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top