• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First arrest over London bombings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Met Driver

Established Member
If the individual is a British citizen, he could, in theory be put on trial for High Treason (if he played a major part in the bombings). He would then risk coming face to face with the gallows...

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Seth said:
If the individual is a British citizen, he could, in theory be put on trial for High Treason (if he played a major part in the bombings). He would then risk coming face to face with the gallows...
No, we don't kill people any more, and we shouldn't do that now. Two wrongs never make a right.

Met Driver

Established Member
yorkie said:
Seth said:
Two wrongs never make a right.

I'm not suggesting that they do, I'm simply drawing attention to the fact that he could face the death penalty if convicted of high treason.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Death penalty abolished 1965. In October 1998 the government introduced an amendment to the Human Rights Bill that abolished the death penalty as a possible punishment for military offences under the Armed Forces Acts.

Angus

Seth said:

TBH if they are guilty I wouldn't miss them if they were executed, although normally I don't support the death sentence (because innocent people can be killed, and then it's too late). But they're not going to be anyway, so it's academic.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It's ridiculous (IMO) to suggest it.

Birmingham 6, anyone? Need I say more?

Ben

the arrest made in hyde park leeds is 200 yds from my brothers house - hes safe thats all we know

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
TPE said:
the arrest made in hyde park leeds is 200 yds from my brothers house - hes safe thats all we know
I thought he was based in York?

jd

If he gets put in prison, he will get the s**t beat out of him.... I've heard stories of paedopiles and stuff, this guy/these guys will get 100x worse. I can't say I feel any sympathy for them though.

Ben

yorkie said:
TPE said:
I thought he was based in York?

moved now mate

he still isnt allowed home :(

hes thinking of coming here if they're not allowed home tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.