• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First "at it" again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Lol! Not quite as amusing but I once saw a Stagecoach bus which said 'Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year' on the front in October - driver obviously put in the wrong code!

I seem to remember seeing a thread on another forum about amusing things that have been put on digital destination displays on trains. Does anybody know of any?

asopu10

I got on the train and the sign saying the destinations don't seem to work at the moment on Central trains to Birmingham new street from Nottingha, I don't know why but there never on, or there wrong. Anyway this one said, in the middle of the jurney, "The train is terminating at this station, Please leave the train as quickly as possible. If you require help please ask the conductor for help. Before that it simply said Birmingham (not Brimgingham new street, and non of the stops were displayed).

Gizmogle

Established Member
Hahaha, nice!! If I had a bus, I'd put things like that on it all the time :) just to brighten up people's days

1D53

Established Member
Its not unusual to see buses based at Arriva Yorkshire's Castleford Depot running round with 'CAS' on the 3 number side destinations.

Tom B

Established Member
The displays can be programmed, with the right equipment, to show whatever you like!

westcoaster

Established Member
the 350 desiro's can have anything put on the side and front displays, when the 350's first came to silverlink, on a saturday when they were not used someone put 4sale on the side displays, these were in the river siddings next to platform three at nothampton, for all pax to see.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
New dot-matrix or LED destination blinds are only limited to presets, but if you have access to the "programmer," you can do 0-9 A,B,C,D,E,F,W and X up to 4 digits. Power rollerblinds (3 digits) are 0-9, A-Z.

On the rollerblinds, "5EX - Free Service," has been seen before :)

Status
Not open for further replies.