• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Berkshire ticketing

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Wake

Hi all,

I'm hoping one day to do a day out on First Berkshire routes, as well as the 702 and hopefully the 555. Is there a ticket that covers all First Berkshire routes, the 702 and the 555?

Many thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
There's very little information online about day bus tickets on First in Berkshire, and certainly no obvious sight of zone maps or terms and conditions, but it seems that there is an Explorer ticket at around £9, or a FirstDay Greenline ticket at £12 that would be valid on the 702. But these both appear to be tickets you buy on the bus on the day.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Although they seem to have lost their useful maps, the available tickets are here:

https://www.firstgroup.com/berkshire-thames-valley/tickets/ticket-prices

The Explorer is £8 (valid on the 702, but not between Slough and London).

The Greenline Day ticket is only showing as being available for a Family at £40. The shortest 1 Adult version is showing as being for a week at £48.

There are some useful route level maps and times in https://www.firstgroup.com/uploads/maps/Slough & Windsor TT Bklt DL.pdf though they've messed up the 10/11 MF times.

I'd expect the 555 to be included in the explorer but as the maps went before the 555 was added, I can't be sure.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
The Berkshire zone day ticket covers everything excluding the 702 between Slough and London, this is also available via the mTickets app. Hope this helps.

ashworth

Established Member
What is the difference between the Berkshire Zone Day Ticket and the Explorer Day Ticket. I also can't find any useful indfordmation or maps on their website. Will their drivers know any more than me?

Giving this a bump on behalf of "First Berkshire" news, as we don't appear to have a dedicated thread for this patch...

Following the slight service amendments on 29th July, it appears that the Service 1 route has been given a dedicated branding. At least two of the Mercedes Benz Citaro's that used to be in blue "7 series" branding have now been given a modified urban livery with a lime green front.

Seems interesting for them to go down the branded route livery, as I always thought there was quite a bit of interchanging buses between routes, especially with services such as X74.

Again, not a "Ticketing" issue, but I can't find the old First Berkshire thread....

Not sure if it was on holiday, or if it's a permanent move, but I spotted an unknown Streetdeck in Urban First Leicester Livery on the X74 High Wycombe service tonight... (1910 Slough Dep)

Volvodart

Established Member
Again, not a "Ticketing" issue, but I can't find the old First Berkshire thread....

Not sure if it was on holiday, or if it's a permanent move, but I spotted an unknown Streetdeck in Urban First Leicester Livery on the X74 High Wycombe service tonight... (1910 Slough Dep)

From their twitter:-

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DiX5EGyUwAEGztI.jpg:large

We're trying out some different buses on Route X74 this week - don't worry we're only going as far as High Wycombe, not all the way to @FirstLeicester ! Hope you like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.