• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Bus Refurbishments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Non Multi

The oldest of these ex-Slough/Heathrow Citaros are 18 years old! The ALX200s and Mk1 Solos we had from new in the early 2000's are all razor blades and bean tins now.

cnjb8

Established Member

The oldest of these ex-Slough/Heathrow Citaros are 18 years old! The ALX200s and Mk1 Solos we had from new in the early 2000's are all razor blades and bean tins now.
I don't think the OIGxxxx Citaros got an interior refurb

MotCO

Established Member
Fully agree, i always liked the original First interior as it was colourful but not in your face. Unlike the Stagecoach interior which i've always thought is too garish. The First interior has also stood the test of time, there's plenty of First vehicles 20+ years old still with the original floor and it doesn't look faded on stained.

I always found the Arriva moquette looked dated, even when new!

MotCO

Established Member
With regards to tatty seats, are these checked at MOTs? Are threadbare seats a failure?

cnjb8

Established Member

Non Multi

Yes. The seats look a bit Barbie-ish on the Worcester photo, but I can't really tell
I've had a look at a picture of OIG6945 (formerly LT52 WXN). It's not easy to see but the new Best Impressions moquette of purple stripes is just about visible.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Just an observation on First’s refurbishments. The B9TLs which were refurbished in Glasgow for mainly the 61 but some others were done for other routes, they received wooden floors and purple grab poles. I find it odd that First don’t tend to have a scheme and stick to it. If the B9TLs were to be redone wouldn’t it have made sense to follow a universal interior and have the poles painted pink like the current new stock and for the flooring to be made the same colour too? Some of the other B9TLs which were done a few years before were given leather seating but with the green to match the grab poles which were not painted. It always seems a bit odd to have different interior buses. Not a massive deal but just an observation.

D2007wsm

Established Member
Just an observation on First’s refurbishments. The B9TLs which were refurbished in Glasgow for mainly the 61 but some others were done for other routes, they received wooden floors and purple grab poles. I find it odd that First don’t tend to have a scheme and stick to it. If the B9TLs were to be redone wouldn’t it have made sense to follow a universal interior and have the poles painted pink like the current new stock and for the flooring to be made the same colour too? Some of the other B9TLs which were done a few years before were given leather seating but with the green to match the grab poles which were not painted. It always seems a bit odd to have different interior buses. Not a massive deal but just an observation.
Before, there was the Barbie interior scheme, the moquette was later changed before the new interior scheme was released. This was released in around 2012 with the introduction of the Urban livery, with pink bars, lilac panelling and grey leather seats.

However, in recent years OpCos have been allowed to specify their own interior, often to coincide with the route branding. For instance, First WoE recovered many buses with the second Barbie moquette or grey leather. More recently refurbs and new buses have a new moquette first introduced on the Bristol P&R E400MMCs. Bars have also been silver and wood effect floors. This is of course for buses not on contract work.

Status
Not open for further replies.