• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Capital Connect DaySave query

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Hello all,

I'm planning a personal class 319 day out soon (probably for July/August) using a FCC DaySave on a Saturday, however as I've not used one before I'm stumped about the conditions:

1. As I'll plan to use it on a first train past 00:01 (to Brighton or Bedford for the over nights) it says you need to buy it before you travel. As it doesn't list times like Southern's one, I assume I can buy it at Greenwich on Friday midday? As it's a Tourist Information centre, do they print it on orange stock too?

2. This is for the Thameslink corridor isn't it? I.E ex-Thameslink Flier and Thameslink Metro routes only? The website sounds confusing as not only does it say "DaySave equals unlimited off-peak train travel on the Thameslink route on the day the ticket is valid", it also says "Our route map shows you the places you can travel to and from using a DaySave ticket"

The route map shows all of FCC's routes, making it sound like you can use it to Peterborough or something, then it also says and is also not valid for travel on northbound services departing Moorgate or St Pancras International between 1630 and 1901
So, you can only use it on Thameslink (that's how I initially read it) yet it's bounded by a time rule for anything out of Moorgate. So out of those times, can you use it to Finsbury Park or something too?

If I find it odd, I dread to think how a new customer can interpret it!

James.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
I'd hazard a guess and say that what they refer to is the now closed section between Farringdon - Moorgate.

Didn't think about that! Gosh that's an old page! Mind you I don't know how many normals (so to speak) know about it, I couldn't find it on the website so I googled it and it found that page. Probably one that doesn't get updated anyway.

But, for those 'normals' who never knew about the old Moorgate link, reading that they'd probably use it on the GN route anyway since it mentions Moorgate plus it's on the map they link you to. If I wasn't into railways or had no knowledge of it, I'd probably do that!

Established Member
Anyone know if the Tourist Info places are willing to send one via post, if you say send them a cheque or phone them up? Seems a bit silly to sell those tickets at some hard to reach places.

Status
Not open for further replies.