• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Capital Connect Inspectors strike again.! allegedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

eos

http://www.penaltyfareappeal.co.uk/wordpress/?cat=157

All quotes are from the above site- the allegations are just that.

...We have received a worrying report from a pregnant passenger that was assaulted by a member of First Capital Connect Staff...
...While she was queuing, the inspector rushed over behind her and told her that the ticket was not valid for the journey that she had made and would have to pay an “On the spot Penalty Fare of £20.00” and demanded cash or credit card payment immediately....
...The inspector then forcefully snatched the passengers Oyster card out of her hand and said “Ill keep this card and you can do the writing.”...
...The passenger stayed with the inspector until the police arrived at the station, she attempted again to put her case across to the inspector who told her to “Shut up, your doing my head in”. ...
....The inspector put both of her hand on the passengers stomach and pushed her out of the way shouting “Get out of my F*****g face”...
....The passenger then waited for the police to arrive and take a statement, after giving all the details the inspector was arrested and taken to a local police station.....
....We are pleased to announce that the passenger concerned is pressing charges against the inspector and we will provide any updates once we receive them....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aictos

Established Member
It's just allegations at the moment, I had a passenger made a allegation against me a couple of months ago stating I swore at him and slammed the door in his face not stating of course that he was the aggressive party and I had backed off and went into the office and close the door behind me without slamming it.

Just have to wait and see what the outcome is and what's most important of what actually happened.

what a ****ing ******* (apologies for the swearing, I am so ****ed off at this ****t) even if she was not pregnant I would never do that, and just think of the damage that could have done to her baby, if you ask me this inspector should be sacked immediately, banned from working with the public, and forced to pay damages of over a million pounds (from all his pay untill payed)

jon0844

Veteran Member
Something about this doesn't sound right... I mean, the first bit being to mention she was pregnant (as if this makes any difference to how you should be treated) and secondly, which explains why this was mentioned, the suggestion that an RPI would push someone by the stomach - which would surely mean bending down slightly, and hardly an effective way of pushing someone away.

Don't get me wrong; I've seen a lot of bad things by revenue staff but I'd like to think I can smell something fishy. One example was the female RPI that wanted to give me a £20 penalty this week when I needed a ticket extension from Hatfield to WGC. Having boarded at Old Street (where you can't get extensions - it's a LUL station), I had no opportunity to get the correct ticket. FCC management have confirmed on their own forum that you can, and indeed should, pay at the other end. It's the only way, unless you go to King's Cross to get a ticket, pay for a full price ticket or get off at Hatfield, buy a new ticket and board the next train.

In the end, I had to go from being polite to being a little firmer and a colleague stepped in to confirm I was correct and she sold me the ticket (which was immediately taken by the gate!) and dropped the PF. I've done this four times now, and the first three times I've always found a member staff (even if the gates are open) - although on all three occasions, they've let me go without paying!

Who runs the above site? Isn't it by the person formerly known as the Flying Cucumber?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I thought it was "The Ticket Collector" - is that the same person?

Aictos

Established Member
Who runs the above site? Isn't it by the person formerly known as the Flying Cucumber?

I don't think it's run by him, however...I do know one of the guys behind the site lost his job with FCC last year - due to a incident which happened at Stevenage station which was a pity as the former employees involved in the incident were decent and people you would want around you in times of disruption.

I thought it was "The Ticket Collector" - is that the same person?

It is the same person, I sometimes see him working at his station.

GB

Established Member
As far as Im concerened this is just hearsay and allegations at the moment so I think Ill wait abit more before demanding anyone lose their jobs,

Aictos

Established Member
As far as Im concerened this is just hearsay and allegations at the moment so I think Ill wait abit more before demanding anyone lose their jobs,

Exactly, thank you.

ungreat

what a ****ing ******* (apologies for the swearing, I am so ****ed off at this ****t) even if she was not pregnant I would never do that, and just think of the damage that could have done to her baby, if you ask me this inspector should be sacked immediately, banned from working with the public, and forced to pay damages of over a million pounds (from all his pay untill payed)

Do you read the Sun?

Just a typical reaction...wait till both sides come out.I have seen many disputes with passengers and staff,and the passengers add many fictitious things to them..as do,Im guessing,some staff.

I once got my train pelted with stones because some guy had missed his previous train...I was on time,but it turned out he wasnt for his intended service,yet he blamed me for missing it.How about you dont do the commuter thing of allowing 5 seconds to get your train? I see the same faces,EVERY DAY,last minute at the platform them complaining it "left early"...no it didn't..you,as usual,arrived late!

AND IM NOT CONDONING ANY STAFF VIOLENCE/MISCONDUCT ETC BEFORE ANYONE PIPES UP!!

I feel better now,lol!

Last edited:

jon0844

Veteran Member
This story seems somewhat unlikely. I bet if you pitched it to a newspaper, even The Sun would give it a miss. They like sensational stories, but they have to at least sound plausible.

I may be wrong, we'll have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.