• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First capital connect trainee train driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rickydean

Why doesn't FCC publicate depot drivers salary ??

To be honest I really want to be a train driver simply because I want to be a train driver! But i think it is important to know what the pay is like so that an informed decision can be made when applying.

cheesy77

Hi,
I'm new to this forum, but had a question about the FCC trainee driver vacancies.
Are the vacancies which are currently advertised only for depot drivers then?
This is the first time I've looked at applying to be a driver, so am unsure what the difference is really. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere that it is just a depot driving position.
Is the salary adverstised for the initial 14 months or so, then if you qualify it will increase significantly?
Thanks and sorry for my ignorance,
Chris

jsmith9114

Hi,

I've just received my assessment date which is 8th december at cannon street.

I've decided to go all the way with the depot drivers role, because it seems like to good move to become a mainline driver next year.

At least this way we'll have a foot in the door if we get the job.

Plus the salary westcoaster believes is 32 or 38k is still very good.

How did you get on with your assessment?

driver9000

Established Member
Hi,
I'm new to this forum, but had a question about the FCC trainee driver vacancies.
Are the vacancies which are currently advertised only for depot drivers then?
This is the first time I've looked at applying to be a driver, so am unsure what the difference is really. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere that it is just a depot driving position.

These are mainline vacancies. If they were recruiting for depot drivers then they would say depot driver, MDD or whatever term they use for that grade.

jsmith9114

The depot driver vacancy has closed for applications, Only the trainee drivers position is still open.

Status
Not open for further replies.