• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First class leeds to Kings cross

Status
Not open for further replies.

badger1badger

Morning everyone ,

I am looking for the best value fare to travel the above route on the 9th April at around 7am then back from Kings cross at around 8pm the same day

Any advice or ideas as we want to use the first class lounge at both ends

Thanks

Paul

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
badger1badger, do you want to be able to use the lounges just prior to departure, or on arrival as well? And do you require to travel 1st class for the whole of your journey?

As I understand it, if you have a 1st class Advance ticket into/out of Kings X, then there is a £5 supplement to use the KX lounge.

Looking at Advances, if you were to take the 0705 from Leeds, a 1st class Leeds-Peterborough Advance is £30.50. That would give you access to the Leeds lounge (if open). You could combine that with a £14 Peterborough-KX standard Advance if you do not need to use the KX lounge on arrival, or a £28 1st class Peterboro-KX Advance. A Leeds-KX 1st class Advance on the 0705 would be £74.

Coming back, there are £41 standard class KX-Leeds Advances on the 1930 and 2030. Edit: alternatively, you could combine a £38.50 KX-Newark Northgate 1st Advance with a £7.50 Newark Northgate-Leeds standard Advance on the 2030 - that would give you over 70 minutes in 1st class and as a result entitle you to the weekend offering in 1st class.

Last edited:

Haywain

Veteran Member
As I understand it, if you have a 1st class Advance ticket into/out of Kings X, then there is a £5 supplement to use the KX lounge.
Or, possibly, no £5 charge. The situation with this is not entirely clear at the moment.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Or, possibly, no £5 charge. The situation with this is not entirely clear at the moment.

Yes I'm leaning towards no charge as I've not been asked to pay on the last three or four occasions and two of those were during the evening peak when the lounge was quite busy.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Yes I'm leaning towards no charge as I've not been asked to pay on the last three or four occasions and two of those were during the evening peak when the lounge was quite busy.
The charge had not been abolished before the refurb closure, so that sounds like luck on your part rather than any deliberate act. The staff at Kings Cross have had a lot of grief over this for a long time, so I wouldn't blame them for keeping a low profile about collecting the charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.