• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First class lounge(s) at Edinburgh Waverley

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcsprior

Hi, tomorrow my fiancee and I are travelling on the 1030 from Edinburgh to Kings Cross. As the train doesn't start in Edinburgh, I figured that if we're early we may as well wait in the lounge.

The maps on the national website (interactive and PDF) show two lounges - Scotrail near platform 11 and EC opposite the old taxi rank... but I thought I'd read here (can't now find it) that one of them had closed.

Does anyone know which of these are still open?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crossover

Established Member
The EC one is open. I used it a few weeks ago and another member used it yesterday

Just make sure you hold your nose on the stairs :P

Crossover

Established Member
Just looked at the link (was on phone before) and I did go in the ScotRail one, accessed off p14 paid side, last year after a cack up missing a last connection southbound. Not sure if it's used but it had nowt in it anyway!

One thing to note is, if I have my bearings right, you now access the EC lounge near platform 4 via a customer services desk area

Status
Not open for further replies.