• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First class standards worsening on new trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cactustwirly

Established Member
On the contrary, I regularly travel from Yorkshire to Cornwall without ever setting foot on a voyager. Takes a while though !

Surely it doesn't take much longer?
Even going via London doesn't add that much, since the XC route is slow and the ECML/Berks and Hants are quite fast.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Surely it doesn't take much longer?
Even going via London doesn't add that much, since the XC route is slow and the ECML/Berks and Hants are quite fast.

With a good LUL connection between Kings Cross and Paddington you could probably beat the Voyager!

Nicks

What I can't understand is why I've found all recent build first/standard rail seats uncomfortable for me, I never travel by coach but a few months ago I ended up on a rail replacement service coach which had the most comfortable luxury seats I've ever sat on, unfortunately I didnt note down the vehicle registration to investigate further!

route101

Established Member
What I can't understand is why I've found all recent build first/standard rail seats uncomfortable for me, I never travel by coach but a few months ago I ended up on a rail replacement service coach which had the most comfortable luxury seats I've ever sat on, unfortunately I didnt note down the vehicle registration to investigate further!

Was it a leather seat ?

infobleep

Veteran Member
there is alot of spin on this subject.

The seats fall WITHIN the fire regulations, they are not the best possible seats that are allowed under the fire regulations. But they are probably one of the cheapest designs!
The only spin I care for is the one on the cricket pitch.

infobleep

Veteran Member
With a good LUL connection between Kings Cross and Paddington you could probably beat the Voyager!
Best not try it on advanced purchase tickets though because you'd probably have to beat the minimum official connection time and if your train into London was late.......

Status
Not open for further replies.