• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Combined Rail & Bus Tickets - FGW/ First Buses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alex17595

If you use the FGW app you can get them from that (Bridgend-Street bus) You can get a railcard discount on these tickets at least for the 16-25.

I don't think it matters what bus you get on as I got on an earlier one than my itinery said and the driver didn't bat an eyelid, you may be able to get off at Glastonbury but I didn't try that. The earliest off peak train for this trip leaves after 8:30 from Bridgend. £25ish off peak (no RC)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-29-07-05-56-26731152.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-29-07-05-56-26731152.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 33

Sun!

I have found this fare on the FGW website.
It is a bit strange though that you can't find it on thetrainline.com, National Rail Enquires, Arriva Train Wales etc. websites.

I have noticed that there aren't any advanced fares, so the cheapest fare would be an off-peak single. Is this true?

Also, could I buy this ticket on the train? What about on an Arriva Trains Wales train?

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Bus links are not always programmed into online booking engines. If you want to buy an add-on fare, your best bet is to visit a ticket office.

The Manual information is attached. Railcard discount is available on the add-on.

Attachments

• NFM 15 (19 May 2013 - 7 September 2013)- Date_ 01-07-2013 05_05 PM - Print friendly- Date_ 01-07.pdf
    74.4 KB · Views: 16

Sun!

I asked at my local station ticket office. The person had never heard of it, but found it on the system.
First I had checked the ticket machine at the station (ATW), and that didn't have the Glastonbury Bus option. So you definitely have to ask at the ticket desk.

alex17595

I emailed NRE and they said they focus on trains so not all the bus links will be there. You can in fact get a bus only ticket with railcars discount! Its like £4-5 bus return from Bristol. Maybe better if you combine with advances.

Status
Not open for further replies.