• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Crap Connect- April Fools MISC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian G

Established Member
hi
After spending a short time in London again, to see travel to King's Cross Thameslink in order to get the Timetables, ** I love collecting Timetables!
--------------------------------------------
The FCC TT's are the same like the GN and TL ones
REMEMBER
TL Diverted to Moorgate 9th April 2006! First Capital Connect first Sunday Diversion to Moorgate!
-----------------------------------------
Locations-
Clapham Yard
Clapham Junction
London Bridge
King's Cross
Blackfriars

My favourite Pix
yge8t6.jpg

Could Somone please tell me what FMRail's 31 is it?
April Fools MISC (I hate First Capital Connect)
What do you think of the photos?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
The collection caption is "What a way to start a new month, new franchises, new liveries". I cannot see any new liveries there and most of the images are SWT!

Dennis

Established Member
Surprisingly good shot of Clapham Yard :thumbup:

(I was just choosing my smiley when the cat jumped on my lap and started giving me the old cap'n one-eye act, seems theres a smiley for every occasion :cyclopsa:)

RJ

Established Member
I agree there, good Clapham Yard shot :). I'm not to impressed with FCC so far. I saw two 319s within a minute of each other running down towards Croydon, I think one was about 14 minutes late!

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Jesus H Christ!

They've only been operating FCC for one day!

GIVE THEM A CHANCE!!!!!!

:roll: :roll:

some bloody people!

devon_metro

Established Member
50149 said:
Jesus H Christ!

GIVE THEM A CHANCE!!!!!!

some bloody people!

Although many fGW Services were over 15 mins late aswell ;)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Love the Clapham Junction yard shot, got some decent stock in there at least! Which platform did you phot it from?

Julian G

Established Member
WSXFan said:
Love the Clapham Junction yard shot, got some decent stock in there at least! Which platform did you phot it from?
Platform 7/8 near the Subway's Entrance
Even Yorkie says it's a decent shot

Techniquest

Veteran Member
50149 said:
Jesus H Christ!

GIVE THEM A CHANCE!!!!!!

some bloody people!

What's the H in there for?

As for giving them a chance, I had a good rant about giving First a chance last night, I really don't want to repeat it here. I'll give FCC a ride with an open mind when I next travel up there, WAGN did a good job of the franchise, and I liked them, so I'll give them a shot, but I don't think it's all that likely I'll come back saying 'FCC were great, no delays, great trains, clean environment, fast run...'. Much more likely I'll be back afterwards ranting about how terrible they are.

Besides, you know what they say about first impressions...No-one here has got a good first impression of FCC or of First in general, apart from Joe Holmes.

Coxster

Established Member
It's the same timetable, same drivers etc isn't it so for now it should be the same as it was before...

T

Tom

Coxster has the point. It should be exactly the same. Same staff (except for some management, etc).

16CSVT2700

Established Member
WSXFan said:
What's the H in there for?

As for giving them a chance, I had a good rant about giving First a chance last night, I really don't want to repeat it here. I'll give FCC a ride with an open mind when I next travel up there, WAGN did a good job of the franchise, and I liked them, so I'll give them a shot, but I don't think it's all that likely I'll come back saying 'FCC were great, no delays, great trains, clean environment, fast run...'. Much more likely I'll be back afterwards ranting about how terrible they are.

Besides, you know what they say about first impressions...No-one here has got a good first impression of FCC or of First in general, apart from Joe Holmes.

I understand that matey but the thing is just give a company a chance to operate for a few months before slagging them off. Delays happen, deal with it. I'm not saying anything about FCC until I try them at least 3 or 4 times so then I can have a decent experience of them to say what they're like.

I'm not trying to cause an arguement I'm just saying because it seems that too many people on here (and elsewhere) act on first impressions only.

Of course what we as enthusiasts will say about FCC will be completely different to what a daily commuter might say about them. So in actual fact our experiences may be irrelevant. It's just a thought mind..

(by the way, the H is just in there for fun, I always use it! ;) )

T

Tom

First impressions are generally what people remember though (nice pun, eh?)

Jim

Established Member
50149 said:
GIVE THEM A CHANCE!!!!!!

some bloody people!
Oi, Oi. Come on, give us a chance to exsirt our opinions, just remember, 1st impresions, as TC says, are everything to the travelling public

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I made that point before TC did...

Fair enough 50149, I will try them before shooting my mouth off about them, but as I say, first impressions are what the majority of people will remember FCC with. If they ran impressively today, then it might have been different. Who knows, might have been an off-day, happens to all of us (I know I was in a stinker of a mood travelling to Minehead last week!). Hence I'll actually give them a chance.

FGW though, well I'm sick of giving them chances. They're well established now with a revamped timetable of their choosing being well in place, so that's no excuse. I wonder what the excuse will be next time. No doubt some eye-rolling will come into play.

Basically what I'm saying is I'm all up for giving a TOC a chance, but when it's as bad as it is with FGW's IC running, it's unfair on passengers. Bosses will only accept 'My train was running late' a couple of times, they won't believe it's always late unless they experience it for themselves. FGW need to pull their finger out and run their trains better. They've got a fancy website now, but that's it. They are wasting money on the little things that don't matter. If your train runs late by a considerable amount (for argument's sake let's say that's 10 minutes), and/or misses the booked connections it is due to make most of the time, that is what matters to the passengers. They'll soon give up on commuting by rail if it's unreliable. I've never commuted anywhere by rail as such (except from a couple of occasions when travelling from here to Swansea after a night off or something to go back to work, not too often though), only by bus really, so it's a whole new ball game there.

Oh, and I'm not automatically anti-First run TOCs. I like FSR, I've had reasonably good experiences with them. FTPX are quite good when I've experienced them too. Yes, I'm lucky, I don't put up with them everyday, so it's impossible for me to judge them on a day-to-day basis. Hence I rely on news posted here, opinions etc to make that decision. As it is, I've not had a delay on a Northern service yet, so I can't understand how people permanently complain about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.