• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First/GBRf livery

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gricer

Saw one of the new First/GBRf liveried 66s go past the window this morning, (66726) the first one I have seen 'in real life'. I don't know if it was because of the sunshine and the fact that it looked in 'just out of the box' condition, but I thought the new livery looked a lot better than I had first (pun intended) imagined. Really quite smart.

Frank

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hentis

From the photyographs I have seen of the new barbie freds, it loojs a crap livery. I like the old GBRf livery much better, Metronet livery is good. But that Baribe looks ok on a HST but not on a shed.

Just my opinion.

Hentis

thefab444

Established Member
I agree, its rather like they were gonna do Neon and just said, "Can't be bothered, stick some barbie on and be done with it!".

I've yet to examine the Metronet livery, but I like the GBRf standard and Medite liveries.

The Gricer

Yes, don't get me wrong, I still think the 'old' livery looks better. I was just making the point that the new Barbie one didn't (to me!) look as bad in the flesh as I had first thought. I'm as fed up as anyone with pink and purple and the word 'First' painted all over so much stock these days. Where will it end - 'First British Rail' ?

Frank

1VWC

While GBRf were under no obligation to apply First livery AIUI, they would not be in the position they are now without FG's support. The application of Barbie is an acknowlegement of this support.

westcoaster

Established Member
seen the livery in the flesh myself today, and i have to say it does not look that bad, but i still like the old livery better.

Status
Not open for further replies.