• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Great Eastern logos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian G

Established Member
...still exist at Stratford :)

It's not all One!

(edited by AlexS, dodgy topic title)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Someone I know (is on this forum), peeled off the sticky tape to reveal the FGE logo at his Local station, and within 24 Hours, someone had been back and totally removed the logo from the sign.

Funny how Anglia logos still appear though...they're not scared of them

steve158

on one of the ex-anglia 150s that came to CT near the crew door someone has written "one great eastern" followed by "boll****" under it :)

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There are still a few old Regional Railways clocks at Bradford Forster Square. However, there are some very odd signs at Gilberdyke station on the Hull-Selby line.

The station signs are all in the SYPTE style, with the yellow band and their logo, but Gilberdyke is in East Yorkshire, as are the next two stations, Saltmarshe and Goole, and both of them have the standard regional railways style signs. Any reason why Gilberdyke is out of place? :?

AlexS

Established Member
Telford Central still has Regional Railways branding on the info signs. The vast majority of station name signs round here are either in Regional Railways style complete with blue band with the 3 white tips, or even further back in 1970s style BR white signs with black writing.

steve158

there's also that advert for pinnacle mobile phones on the birmingham platform. i'm surprised it hasn't been taken down yet!!

Harold

Jonathan said:
They are still also on the 321s I have noticed...

Indeed. Silverlink seem to be using a lot of FGE 321's on the WCML. Havant seen 321s with FGE logos at Stratford yet though :)

RJ

Established Member
I don't think that Chiltern have gotten around to branding any of their stations. All NSE!

Met Driver

Established Member
joea1 said:
I don't think that Chiltern have gotten around to branding any of their stations. All NSE!

Have you ever been on Chiltern before? Nearly all of their stations have Chiltern branding!

jonb

Established Member
South Ruislip still has NSE Branding, the two Sudbury stations might have as well as these only have a limited service.

Z12XE

The 315s/321s on the GEML still have Great Eastern branding, but I've not need any with the First Logo on for a while, also some of the 360s still have FGE routemaps with the First logo covered up, although some now have the One version.

One station never likely to get rid of the NSE Logo is Emerson Park, where the logo is embedded in the brick work on the platform surface!

Bring back the Essex Electrics Logo, which can still be partly seen (the Essex Swords) on the Chelmsford Ticket Office windows with the Great Eastern Railway Branding under it.

Julian G

Established Member
Seth said:
joea1 said:

Have you ever been on Chiltern before? Nearly all of their stations have Chiltern branding!
Wembley Park and Marylebone were the one without NSE branding

i think West Ruslip still has them

joea1 has been on Chiltern Railway with me on Friday :|

Let see, Clapham Junction still has NSE logos, 6cars, 8-12cars
on platform 12

Met Driver

Established Member
1288gaje said:
Seth said:
joea1 said:

Wembley Park and Marylebone were the one without NSE branding

i think West Ruslip still has them

joea1 has been on Chiltern Railway with me on Friday :|

I've done all of Chiltern's routes except the Stratford service, and I can assure you that the vast majority of their stations now have Chiltern branding.

RJ

Established Member
Jonathan said:

I was at Stratford today and all the 321s I saw had no logo.

Here's an example of Chiltern's non branding

yegtgp.jpg

Julian G

Established Member
joea1 said:
Jonathan said:

I was at Stratford today and all the 321s I saw had no logo.

Here's an example of Chiltern's non branding

yegtgp.jpg
Where was that then, West Ruslip? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.