• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Great Western Route Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aictos

Established Member
I'm looking at possible trips in the FGW area and one such trip may be Bristol Parkway to Hereford as Hereford according to the FGW map is served by them yet I can only find Arriva Trains Wales or London Midland services using Live Departures.

Do FGW serve Hereford or is Great Malvern the furthest they go?

I'm also looking at the SWT area as well, ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aictos

Established Member
Ta for that, I tend to use Live Departures mainly but this is much appreciated.

I see the link refers to Dec 09 in the link itself, would this mean these 5 weekday services start when the Dec 09 timetable comes out or do they already exist?

To go from Bristol Parkway to Hereford you will most likely need to change at Worcester Shrub Hill/Foregate Street or Great Malvern. I'd recommend Foregate Street onwards because then there are more London Midland services to Hereford.

Aictos

Established Member
I won't be going anywhere until the new year at least, just looking at areas to travel over.

Hoping in 2010 to finally cover the entire FGW franchise then I can move onto maybe the SouthEastern, Southern, South Western franchises....

I won't be going anywhere until the new year at least, just looking at areas to travel over.

Hoping in 2010 to finally cover the entire FGW franchise then I can move onto maybe the SouthEastern, Southern, South Western franchises....

Wow, good luck with that!!! Should be good!

Aictos

Established Member
Wow, good luck with that!!! Should be good!

Well I've done a far chunk of the FGW route, it's the little bits here and there that I need to do - I've already done the entire FCC route on both the TL and GN sides, not counting the "joint" services with SouthEastern to destinations in Kent.

Also covered pretty much nearly all of the Highlands as well, just got a little bit to do then can work on the rest of Scotland!

It's times like these when I love First, ;)

Aictos

Established Member
ONE of a very few:D;)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a cheerleader for First as anyone who has to work with me or knows me can testify there are certain times when I don't agree with the company line.

The recent reduction in the opening hours of the booking offices being one.

But I am proud to see the turnround of FGW that's happened and seeing the continued success of the company which is really due to the frontline staff, ;)

Working for First is like trying to row a small boat across the ocean, you try not to rock the boat too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.