• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Great Western tele sales sleeper tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

richd1975

Hello,

Had difficulties again trying to get station staff to issue Night Riviera sleeper tickets for protected staff. Had to call up First Great Western in the end. They too were unsure about the procedure to book only the berth supplement as I will tick a box. At no point during the call did the sales agent mention my reservation. Will this automatically be printed on the supplement ticket? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gray1404

Established Member
Do you think it might be worth a phone call back to FGW to confirm you have a reservation on the specific service you want?

DEE-DE

I booked a berth a while ago at my local station. It was a solo berth only as I had found it cheaper to book these separately. I got one supplement ticket with a fare of £60 and a sleeper reservation for £0.

Sleepy

Established Member
I Recently booked berths only through FGW telesales without any difficulty. I would suggest stating you already hold tickets for the journey.

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Not too sure about the Night Riviera but on the Caledonian Sleeper it is cheaper to buy a berth inclusive advance fare (@priv rate) than a free box & berth supplement.

Your berth supplement will include a free reservation.

Sleepy

Established Member
Priv rate berth Inc. Fares are available on Night Riveria but not always on Busy nights.

dcd

I wanted to book a Night Riviera berth to go with my First Class ALR But found it cheaper to book an advance sleeper ticket. So I now have 2 valid tickets for the journey. ( if it is delayed can I claim on both :lol: )

richd1975

Thanks for the replies all. It looks as though First Great Western telesales sold me the berth only fare when the staff berth inclusive advance fare was also available for purchase. Progressing this now with customer services to refund the difference.

It's never easy buying staff travel tickets on the Night Rivieria. It looks as though things are simpler now on the Serco sleeper.

Thanks again for all your replies

Happy travels!

Status
Not open for further replies.