• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Great Western - Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

irish_rail

Established Member
I read elsewhere that GWR are advertising internally for trainee drivers which doesn't bode well for us still on hold. I also read that there were drivers sitting around doing nothing which again doesn't bode well and makes me wonder why they're advertising. It was described as being "in LTV land" so does anyone on the inside have any knowledge of which depots they mentioned? (I know where the LTV depots are btw that's not what I'm asking).

Its only HSS that are sitting round twiddling our thumbs due to the companies endless recruitment of new drivers. Lots of work to be done in LTV and WEST land so don't get too downhearted. Training on IEPs to start early next year, so I can see recruitment again soon.....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

oxoneil

Its only HSS that are sitting round twiddling our thumbs due to the companies endless recruitment of new drivers. Lots of work to be done in LTV and WEST land so don't get too downhearted. Training on IEPs to start early next year, so I can see recruitment again soon.....

OK cheers.

_ollie_

I'm kinda going on the basis of why ask for more applications if nothing is going to happen. So I'm going to stay positive :)

oxoneil

I'm kinda going on the basis of why ask for more applications if nothing is going to happen. So I'm going to stay positive :)

I can understand that but you could also say why advertise when people are still waiting? Would be nice to know how many others are in the same position as me.

_ollie_

I can understand that but you could also say why advertise when people are still waiting? Would be nice to know how many others are in the same position as me.

That one I can't answer, sorry. My application was last year, but as I'm internal been told not to apply again as my previous application still counts.

Maybe

Anyone else get a random email out of the blue saying they are awaiting confirmation re trainee positions? Kind of made me laugh as in 2 weeks will have been in the pool for 3 years, and they signed off the email thanks for your patience!!!
On a different note has anybody had any experience of being on a talent pool for more than 3 years and then being offered a position. I was led to believe that once your 3 years are up your results expire???

oxoneil

Perhaps it's because I sent them an email asking if there was any news. Maybe it's prompted them to send something out????? I've not received the one you're on about though.

BestWestern

Established Member
Latest developments suggest that a flow of soon-to-be redundant freight drivers from DBS are to join GWR at various locations; a deal has been struck with the assistance of Aslef. This may impact on the intake of 'pool' trainees, but I'm unsure of if the company have/will issue any advice relating to this.

NX

Also drivers from Freightliner Bristol are coming over to, straight onto HSS to.
This has caused a lot of anger among West drivers waiting to move over

BestWestern

Established Member
Also drivers from Freightliner Bristol are coming over to, straight onto HSS to.
This has caused a lot of anger among West drivers waiting to move over

How are they managing to do that?! :o

Mightyirons77

Just received an email , saying they are closing the the talent pool , and are welcome to re apply when the jobs become available for eastern region , soon .

Maybe

When did you receive this mighty irons? My application was for Bristol, and the email I messaged about earlier, although I only received today was sent to me out if the blue on Thursday. Have you had any other previous correspondence from them recently or attempted to email them etc?? Just seems strange that duff emails are being sent out to diff people.

d_kingscott

I've also received THE email, saying they are closing the the talent pool, and are welcome to re apply when the jobs become available for eastern region, soon.

I won't be applying... :roll::roll::roll::(:(:(

Maybe

I'm sure the same email will hit my inbox very shortly then. Just confused as to why I received an email o Thursday, and nobody else did.
It seemed very generic which made me think everyone would of got it.

oxoneil

Received mine 2 days ago. So apparently I can't be held in the talent pool any longer as my circumstances may be very different to when I applied etc. Well apart from being 2 1/2 years older they're not actually.

Shocking way to be treated.

srich82

Interesting to read on the situation with GWR. I am a bit confused though. Why would they recruit for their talent pool if they're expecting a large intake of redundant drivers from elsewhere?

Nick82

Correct me if I am wrong but the Freightliner drivers which ASLEF has struck a deal with various TOC's l, on the behalf of, are not guaranteed job offers. I believe they still have to go through the recruitment process of that particular TOC. So even though it makes is it harder for those aspiring to be a driver there is still hope lol. If this information is incorrect I apologies and please provide the correct info regarding this deal.

Many thanks and don't give up guys lol

Status
Not open for further replies.