• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Great Western trainie train drivers, Reading, Paddington & Oxford

Status
Not open for further replies.

bailey19

Well guys I think I'm going to be on a later course,FGW have not recieved my medical results yet it's been nearly two weeks since I was told I passed by the doctor it's very frustrating but that's how it is .maybe I will have some news to post soon .
Merry Christmas to all

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LCC106

Established Member
@bailey19 - frustrating for you! Is the delay with the Doctor? Can they chase this up? Have you handed in your notice on another job?

bailey19

I think it must be a delay from the doctor,maybe it's been delayed in the post who no's .As for work im self-employed so fine from a notice point of view.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Spoke to first group today and they have finally received my medical paper work (all good).The bad news is still no fixed date for the second course .

LCC106

Established Member
Ah! So there's light at the end of the tunnel! (Pardon the pun!) :D

theking

Thanks for the pun lcc106 it put smile on my face .Thinking about it I've been given a wonderful opportunity and need to have some patience.

Have they defo said that you've missed the feb course then?, I've applied for the second intake not looking good for me to even get to assesment though if there is no fixed date for the second course.

bailey19

No mate,but most of the guys have had contracts with start dates for the 6th feb .I think other courses are going to run close to this course but as for dates I don't know.

theking

Dam everytime I post on here i get a rejection email within a few hours lol maybe i should just give up. I didnt expect anything until after christmas but got mine today.

Just got my rejection email through, must admit though it was a long shot!

You don't know if you don't try though....

sultanofswing

Has anybody received the train driver starter pack yet ?

starter pack? have you received one?

I received the trainee train driver's handbook with my contract? is that what you mean? Did say much,just basically,sit down, shut up, listen, do as your told, and work hard!:D

fordylad

Yeah that's basically what I gathered, along with all the uniform requirements,
I'm looking forward to starting, we are all so very lucky to have been given this opportunity to follow our dream

sultanofswing

15 days and counting until I start, can this month possibly go any slower

It will do for you, seen as you are on leave. It's going slow for me and I'm at work still, I don't know what would be worse? Sitting at home trying to keep myself occupied for 2 weeks or working a job that I have no interest in any more?

I think i'll be sending an email this week to get confirmation of start times, and where.:D

bailey19

Well at last I can comment in a positive way I received my contract on Friday and sent it back today recorded delivery,a place came up on the feb course and I was given the chance to take it.Its all come at once but I'm so happy .look forward to meeting you guys on the 6th feb
Happy days😊

fordylad

Bailey that's fantastic news, nothing like a rush to the finish!! Glad your on our course, what home depot are you based at?
15 days and counting until I start, can this month possibly go any slower

It will do for you, seen as you are on leave. It's going slow for me and I'm at work still, I don't know what would be worse? Sitting at home trying to keep myself occupied for 2 weeks or working a job that I have no interest in any more?

I think i'll be sending an email this week to get confirmation of start times, and where.:D

well I would like to be relaxing at home but mrs ford keeps finding my little!! Jobs to do.

autotank

Can't wait to meet you all in a couple of weeks - signed my contract a couple of weeks ago! Glad I'm not the only one who hasn't heard exact details of our start time and location.

hants-man

Does anybody have any idea which training school we will be based at

Reading! It's in the building where I had my interview - a single storey building next to the roads entering the depot.
And Congrats Bailey19.

hants-man

Reading would be good , I was worried as there is a big training school in Bristol

I had exactly the same thought. I think it was the bit in the original job advert that said part of the course was residential. However I asked the question at the Manager Interview and was reassured that Reading was the base for training, and anything elsewhere would be just on a day away basis.

sultanofswing

Same here, anyone know about the first day yet? All it says is 'local induction' supposedly have to contact our line manager to confirm details. But in the list there are many phone numbers, would our line manager be 'training manager' or 'driver manager' Im guessing it will be the training manager, seen as we are not actually drivers, yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.