• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Great Western Weekend First zonal upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mutant Lemming

Established Member
I take it these are not based on the ticket you have but from the time you occupy a seat in first class ?

(i.e. occupying a first seat at Westbury on a Plymouth to Paddington ticket will only incur a three rather than a four zone upgrade)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
You may have a job convincing the Train Manager that you only took your seat at Westbury.

Mutant Lemming

Established Member
You may have a job convincing the Train Manager that you only took your seat at Westbury.

Will be travelling with others who are changing at Westbury and may fancy shifting to first from for the onward leg to Paddington though I too thought it may become an issue. Just wondered what the official line is as I did think the upgrade only applied from when a seat in first is occupied.

Last edited:

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I think it would be from where you started travelling in first class but as Island says you may struggle to persuade the TM that you only took your seat at Westbury. I would suggest having a word with the TM before travel and explaining what you want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.