• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

PaulMc7

Established Member
I'd hardly call B7TLs and B9TLs "rubbish". They might not be the newest vehicles but they still provide a service.

Certainly the ones I've had on the 60/60A are pretty bad. Always felt like a breakdown is imminent, overly loud and really not comfortable

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CM

Certainly the ones I've had on the 60/60A are pretty bad. Always felt like a breakdown is imminent, overly loud and really not comfortable

That loud noise you are hearing is most likely the cooling fan kicking in which is perfectly normal.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member

I have to agree the 60 did tend to get any old tat on it. All the oldest tridents were on the route until they were all withdrawn (with the exception of the 02 plate which you still see about). B7TLs are extremely worn now so I would say they weren’t the best for a route which used to get new stock. B9TLs are decent enough buses but I’d have thought the 60 was a fairly busy route. It would be nice to see a mix of E300s and E400MMCs.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Saw 3 63 plate Streetlites heading east on the M8 at Harthill. Anyone know if these are off to FSE from Glasgow?

route101

Established Member
I'd hardly call B7TLs and B9TLs "rubbish". They might not be the newest vehicles but they still provide a service.

Least they are deckers. Nothing worse rammed into a wee single and trying to get off. I think First should of refurbed the 53 to 07 plates too , re seatted them at least ,seats are often soiled and stink.

route101

Established Member
That loud noise you are hearing is most likely the cooling fan kicking in which is perfectly normal.

Nickname for geminis that do that is hoovers. The engine noise from B9TL i find worse , like a bag of nails. The B7TLS always seem solid to me with fewer rattles.

route101

Established Member

B7tlS i thought were quite realiable . The low height e400s and hybrid ones are ones that fel like a breakdown , been on quite few that have broke down.

PaulMc7

Established Member
B7tlS i thought were quite realiable . The low height e400s and hybrid ones are ones that fel like a breakdown , been on quite few that have broke down.

Yeah the E400s are really bad too. Seating on them is like sitting on ice it's that slippy

lastbus

was aware the chassis was cracked ,and is now off fleet ,and is still at Overtown
Have heard the other two are going the same way? Yes still at Overtown being stripped of anything valuable before it goes.

route101

Established Member
Had my first shot on the M3 yesterday. Quite busy at 1415 from Town. Driver had trouble getting it going at a junction .

Ewan M

ALX400 33365 is making an appearance on the 57A today. Currently on it from Red Road to Cathedral Street/City of Glasgow College.

Strathclyder

Established Member
ALX400 33365 is making an appearance on the 57A today. Currently on it from Red Road to Cathedral Street/City of Glasgow College.
Headed out today, so that's something to keep an eye out for. Cheers for the tip-off lol ;)

Last edited:
Few ALX400s on the 57/A of late it's not that much of a rarity these days although there's only 10 in service they do still get about on other routes if need be, 10/57 had one on it today aswell, passed me a few times.

Ewan M

Yikes. Caetano Dart 43859 is on the 57A. Just gone past the Royal heading towards Kennishead

lastbus

Go Ahead buses joining the fleet?

Surely First has enough of their own native Streetlites. The one I saw looked like it had seen better days.
Yes they are joining the fleet 100%.

Both are 13 plates so hardly seen better days. They will be freshened up before going on fleet.