• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PaulMc7

Established Member
Is it possible for certain services to go off completely? Seen some completely dead runs since Friday even on the routes that are normally the busiest

lastbus

Is it possible for certain services to go off completely? Seen some completely dead runs since Friday even on the routes that are normally the busiest
They are looking into what will run just now might be middle of week before everything is finalised. They are only doing holiday timetables to buy a bit of time.

route101

Established Member

The 31 is not changing , on Friday it did pick up a fair few on the way to town . Can see it going a hourly sunday service , ironically the sunday timetable has a bus later out of town.

route101

Established Member

The 31 is not changing , on Friday it did pick up a fair few on the way to town . Can see it going a hourly sunday service , ironically the sunday timetable has a bus later out of town.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Given that we don’t know how long to COVID-19 outbreak will last I presume we can expect the 2020 bus orders in summer for Glasgow to be delayed?

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
It’s rather odd to see so many buses driving around virtually empty. The 2 in particular is dead which is unusual to say the least.

PaulMc7

Established Member
I'm surprised that the reductions aren't that bad tbh although it's a good help as there's considerable numbers of key workers out there and a lot of places still not closing despite not being essential

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Since this has now been posted on the website, Revised timetable from 29th March

https://www.firstgroup.com/greater-...dates/coronavirus-covid19-service-information
So not a lot of change to frequency for a lot of services then? The buses are empty enough as it is.
I'm surprised that the reductions aren't that bad tbh although it's a good help as there's considerable numbers of key workers out there and a lot of places still not closing despite not being essential

@SarahDFIG posted the old link for the timetables already in place.

The actual revised timetables from the 29th can be found here!
https://www.firstgroup.com/greater-...covid19-service-information/sunday-29th-march

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Surprised my local the 31 has not been given any reduction, kinda worried after all this might not bounce back and will get the chop up my bit.

The 31 runs half hourly normally so that'll be why it hasn't been cut back. At most with the 31 they'll probably go to a Sunday level of service (hourly) but with two extra morning runs.

route101

Established Member
The 31 runs half hourly normally so that'll be why it hasn't been cut back. At most with the 31 they'll probably go to a Sunday level of service (hourly) but with two extra morning runs.

Yeah, Sunday and Saturday feature later starts .

PaulMc7

Established Member
Seen someone on Twitter say NHS staff shouldn't use First buses here as you can't socially distance properly even with 15 people on the bus. I mean if you can find a bus with 15 people on it then that's just incredibly unlucky in itself as most are 1 or 2 passengers at most from what I've seen

route101

Established Member
Seen someone on Twitter say NHS staff shouldn't use First buses here as you can't socially distance properly even with 15 people on the bus. I mean if you can find a bus with 15 people on it then that's just incredibly unlucky in itself as most are 1 or 2 passengers at most from what I've seen

Seen a 6 earlier with one person on it . Was going slow to not to run early. 6 must be on time for once

route101

Established Member
I see the timetables are changing again. 31 going hourly , some 4s combining Newton Mearns and Eaglesham

PaulMc7

Established Member
Seen a lot of the changes and I'm surprised at services being reduced at hospitals. Some I can understand but it's really not ideal

lastbus

Seen a lot of the changes and I'm surprised at services being reduced at hospitals. Some I can understand but it's really not ideal
Don’t see any major reductions at hospitals. What service are you concerned about?

PaulMc7

Established Member
Don’t see any major reductions at hospitals. What service are you concerned about?

The 8, 16 and 90 are all hourly from Wednesday for a start. 77 now reduced further and same with the 34A. 38 being reduced too and then all of the Lanarkshire services that serve hospitals are reduced.

Not ideal for anyone really

lastbus

The 8, 16 and 90 are all hourly from Wednesday for a start. 77 now reduced further and same with the 34A. 38 being reduced too and then all of the Lanarkshire services that serve hospitals are reduced.

Not ideal for anyone really
Unfortunately due to the current situation services are having to be reduced nationwide not just Glasgow. Buses are still serving hospitals at start/finish times for staff. Drivers are being furloughed and buses being put in temporary reserve. Another reason for reduced services.

PaulMc7

Established Member
Unfortunately due to the current situation services are having to be reduced nationwide not just Glasgow. Buses are still serving hospitals at start/finish times for staff. Drivers are being furloughed and buses being put in temporary reserve. Another reason for reduced services.

They are still serving them but not frequently enough plus as I've seen a few times it's leaving people waiting an hour on a bus after a shift. That's really poor and not good enough

Scott mac

Would run all routes 30mins or hourly maybe even withdrawn routes which a can see happening very soon

Jordan Adam

Established Member
They are still serving them but not frequently enough plus as I've seen a few times it's leaving people waiting an hour on a bus after a shift. That's really poor and not good enough

When passenger numbers have fallen by over 85% how do you expect them to maintain a frequent service? It's just not logical to be operating empty buses, hence why operators are trying to negotiate with key workers to figure out who needs to be where and when. Over the next couple of weeks there likely is going to be changes quite frequent so they can get stuff right. In addition general service frequencies are being agreed with the government who are subsidising almost all bus services in Scotland at the moment, this is being done so a base level service can be maintained, otherwise it would force pretty much every bus operator out of business.

PaulMc7

Established Member
When passenger numbers have fallen by over 85% how do you expect them to maintain a frequent service? It's just not logical to be operating empty buses, hence why operators are trying to negotiate with key workers to figure out who needs to be where and when. Over the next couple of weeks there likely is going to be changes quite frequent so they can get stuff right. In addition general service frequencies are being agreed with the government who are subsidising almost all bus services in Scotland at the moment, this is being done so a base level service can be maintained, otherwise it would force pretty much every bus operator out of business.

I don't expect them to run a frequent service everywhere but services that cover hospitals especially should barely have been touched.

scosutsut

I don't expect them to run a frequent service everywhere but services that cover hospitals especially should barely have been touched.

But what if you keep the hospital passing routes at near full service, and curtail all the others and staff need to use two buses to get to work - one you've preserved and one you've cut? I think the notion I'd suggest we accept is there is no perfect at the moment.

It's very hard to social distance on a bus - impossible when boarding and I'm sure with empty roads and empty visitor car parks people are adapting and overcoming and making it work.

Outpatients and visiting are largely cancelled too, so your movements to and from the hospital are drastically reduced out with of shift change time too.