• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

Stef434

Not sure where you are getting your info from but the 242 defo isn't getting *NEW* enviros at all. These also won't be replacing the B10s exactly due to capacity issues. They will help get a few retired only. Streetlights are a rumour which started from Flickr I believe ;)
Johnny My info was supplied by First.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stef434

Not sure where you are getting your info from but the 242 defo isn't getting *NEW* enviros at all. These also won't be replacing the B10s exactly due to capacity issues. They will help get a few retired only. Streetlights are a rumour which started from Flickr I believe ;)
deleted already aswered

overthewater

Established Member
Delighted to hear
@FirstinGlasgow
announce today that 75 brand new buses will be delivered to Glasgow by October this year to meet our LEZ requirements. We look forward to continued investment in our city and ever closer partnership working in the future.

Is that on top if the 25 ie just another 50 coming OR another 75?

JonnyB1984

anyone know how First Glasgows yearly profits look like these days?
Glasgow is split remember no1 & no2 and unfortunately, I don't have any information regarding their profits but they won't be great considering all the changes coming into effect at FIG.

In terms of new buses coming it is 75 in total for 2018. 25 E400MMCs have been confirmed and ordered. the other 50 have not been confirmed just yet but it's looking like a few more deckers and the rest singles. Optare solo's have been rumoured but highly doubt it as the new bus order is to help with GCC work for the LEZ and these aren't required in GCC.

In terms of what vehicles are being withdrawn, this will be the oldest deckers to go (Y/51/02 plates) along with the B10s from ALL Glasgow depots and any new singles will replace the B7s that operate in GCC which will then be transferred out to depots that will have B10s withdrawn.

This info is the most accurate to this date today and will 100% change there is no doubt about that in regards to buses going here and there.

alangla

Is it safe to assume that the Olympic ALX400 fleet are likely to survive this upcoming cull then?
Also, noted a 51 plate B10, complete with flip-dot destination, on a 7 or 7A during the week - I thought these had long since been banished to the obscure corners of Dumbarton, Blantyre or Overtown's networks

JonnyB1984

Is it safe to assume that the Olympic ALX400 fleet are likely to survive this upcoming cull then?
Also, noted a 51 plate B10, complete with flip-dot destination, on a 7 or 7A during the week - I thought these had long since been banished to the obscure corners of Dumbarton, Blantyre or Overtown's networks

alx400s will not be retiring this year and again may survive next year again depending on what investment Glasgow gets next year.

We (Caley depot) received 4 from Dumbarton due to the B10s from Aberdeen not having the safety screens installed on them which are a must for GCC workings. Not got a solid answer yet why we got 4 B10s but I am 100% sure its to fudge figures to make the GCC fleet look worse than what it actually is. (in my opinion)

We could have easily got B7s/E200s/e300s from Blantyre/Dumbarton but instead we get the oldest singles in the fleet to help with GCC workings. Something isn't right but as a driver we never get told the truth mostly.

Robertj21a

On Moderation
alx400s will not be retiring this year and again may survive next year again depending on what investment Glasgow gets next year.

We (Caley depot) received 4 from Dumbarton due to the B10s from Aberdeen not having the safety screens installed on them which are a must for GCC workings. Not got a solid answer yet why we got 4 B10s but I am 100% sure its to fudge figures to make the GCC fleet look worse than what it actually is. (in my opinion)

We could have easily got B7s/E200s/e300s from Blantyre/Dumbarton but instead we get the oldest singles in the fleet to help with GCC workings. Something isn't right but as a driver we never get told the truth mostly.

Presumably the accountants are at work to show that costs are being contained !

overthewater

Established Member
Isn't this the oldest trick in the book? you centralise all the oldest stock in once place before new stock appears and it clean sweep?

route101

Established Member

The B10s are better than the B7s though .

route101

Established Member

Seen one on 7 too , often on 34 as well . You will see them on the 263 quite often as well . Thought it was an old scania at first from the front when i seen it .

Robertj21a

On Moderation
Isn't this the oldest trick in the book? you centralise all the oldest stock in once place before new stock appears and it clean sweep?

It's also the oldest trick in the book when a company is looking to sell off part of the operation !! - though that seems unlikely in this case.

KendalKing

Established Member
In terms of new buses coming it is 75 in total for 2018. 25 E400MMCs have been confirmed and ordered. the other 50 have not been confirmed just yet but it's looking like a few more deckers and the rest singles. Optare solo's have been rumoured but highly doubt it as the new bus order is to help with GCC work for the LEZ and these aren't required in GCC.

The official order states that its 25 Enviro 400MMC (33201-33225), and 15 Optare Solo (53860-53874) in 2018.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
One of the new E400s has been sighted at ADL's factory and a photo uploaded to the Firstbus Enthusiasts page by an employee of First Glasgow. Looks like they're going to have yellow fronts.

Can someone post it on here if possible?

Volvodart

Established Member
It's also the oldest trick in the book when a company is looking to sell off part of the operation !! - though that seems unlikely in this case.

Sorry to upset the conspiracy theorists, but they are probably short term replacements for the 4 buses required for the new university services until the new buses arrive.

Blackpudding

The official order states that its 25 Enviro 400MMC (33201-33225), and 15 Optare Solo (53860-53874) in 2018.

Are you quoting the British Bus Handbook for these orders KendalKing? If so the Solo were, unusually, the subject of a typo and subsequent mix up with 43854-43874, the Darts moving from Kernow to Glasgow (eventually). If you're not quoting British Bus then good news.

overthewater

Established Member
It dont believe new solos are on the way, because it would be a waste of good money on them especially since the new solos would be used on route will OUTSIDE the new LEZ zone.

Sorry to upset the conspiracy theorists, but they are probably short term replacements for the 4 buses required for the new university services until the new buses arrive.
Plus I take it deckers that have been sent to Livingston aswell?

JonnyB1984

The solo's mentioned in the handbook were an error. Standard E400MMC at Falkirk painted with yellow front. Route not mentioned

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
If is it yellow it will be for the 60 but maybe it is gold which is the 75

Seems odd that the 60 would get new buses before the 61. Unless they’re transferring the ALX400s on to other routes to replace the older Tridents.

I’m liking this route branding it smartens the buses up.