• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

overthewater

Established Member
The other 50 buses have not been confirmed, its possible it could in fact be 50 single deckers instead?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
I’ll be sad to see the B10BLEs go. They’re still in great condition considering their age. I think they should start with the Tridents and B7Ls first before going for the B10s. Either way we need new singles to replace them which will probably be E200s.

We need E400s as well to replace the old Tridents and older Gemini’s. Couldn’t some 54 plates be refurbished and sent to Aberdeen? Would be great to see Scania’s for a change. The L94s and L113s were great buses.

overthewater

Established Member
I’ll be sad to see the B10BLEs go. They’re still in great condition considering their age. I think they should start with the Tridents and B7Ls first before going for the B10s. Either way we need new singles to replace them which will probably be E200s.

We need E400s as well to replace the old Tridents and older Gemini’s. Couldn’t some 54 plates be refurbished and sent to Aberdeen? Would be great to see Scania’s for a change. The L94s and L113s were great buses.

For what is to be believed, over the next 4-5 years around 300 new buses should appear along with retro fitting 60 plate an newer, and that should be enought to keep Glasgow bobbing along nicely.

route101

Established Member

The B10BLES are pretty quick . I was thinking how long the 54 plates have got , should refurbish them maybe 5 more years of service . The old scanias last ran in late 2015 and were withdrawn suddenly .
B7Ls are horrible , seem to be afair few on the 61 and 6o.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
The B10BLES are pretty quick . I was thinking how long the 54 plates have got , should refurbish them maybe 5 more years of service . The old scanias last ran in late 2015 and were withdrawn suddenly .
B7Ls are horrible , seem to be afair few on the 61 and 6o.

Apart from rattling the teeth out of your mouth and the back breaking seats, other than that they're fine...

route101

Established Member

overthewater

Established Member

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
https://www.flickr.com/photos/129464815@N05/43926739931/in/pool-1479091@N24/

Just saw this on Flickr.. firstly I didn’t know these buses were coming back to Glasgow? Secondly what the hell are they doing on the 61!!! That route is way too busy to have such a small bus on it.... confusing!

Swapped a pair of them for a pair of Geminis currently being used in Bath as mentioned on 15th July.

They’ve been incrementally getting rid of them in West of England for a while!

Strathclyder

Established Member
https://www.flickr.com/photos/129464815@N05/43926739931/in/pool-1479091@N24/

Just saw this on Flickr.. firstly I didn’t know these buses were coming back to Glasgow? Secondly what the hell are they doing on the 61!!! That route is way too busy to have such a small bus on it.... confusing!
My image in the spotlight! ;)

This clearly isn't a regular allocation. Keep in mind that the European Championship Games shuttle services (the bulk of which have been worked by First Glasgow; with assistance from First Scotland East/Midland Bluebird, First Aberdeen, Xplore Dundee, Lothian & numerous independents) have necessitated the use of a number of FiG's 11/61-reg E400s, which has resulted in many odd workings & loans from other depots in order to maintain service. Clearly 44906 was all that was available, hence it was sent out. Things should start to stabilise once the Games finish this Sunday coming.

Presently, Glasgow has gotten 44905/906 (YX09 AFN/AFO) back in exchange for the B7TLs previously mentioned. The former is back on home ground at Overtown, the latter at Caledonia. Whether or not more are due back isn't at all clear at present.

smtglasgow

Not directly First-related (and sort of inspired by Strathclyder’s picture), but whatever happened to the plans for a Glasgow South bus station (ie. something to replace the stops in Osborne Street)? Might have been a City Council or SPT plan? Ended up parked in the car park next to the stands yesterday (presumably the site for the bus station?) and thought how run down the area looked. A few years ago the St Enoch Centre was going to expand, but I suspect that has gone by the wayside amidst the retail carnage and Brexit nonsense.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Presently, Glasgow has gotten 44905/906 (YX09 AFN/AFO) back in exchange for the B7TLs previously mentioned. The former is back on home ground at Overtown, the latter at Caledonia. Whether or not more are due back isn't at all clear at present.

First West of England have currently got 44907-10/13-15 allocated to Bath, having offloaded those two and 44911/2 to Glasgow. As indicated earlier, 44916-21 were sent to Hampshire, with the last four ending up in Cornwall!

I'd not be shocked to see more north if new deckers arrive, displacing B7TLs south to allow e200s (or other single decks) north to replace older single deckers. Been a well worn path in recent months with Streetlites, Darts and e200s all heading to Glasgow.

Strathclyder

Established Member
First West of England have currently got 44907-10/13-15 allocated to Bath, having offloaded those two and 44911/2 to Glasgow. As indicated earlier, 44916-21 were sent to Hampshire, with the last four ending up in Cornwall!

I'd not be shocked to see more north if new deckers arrive, displacing B7TLs south to allow e200s (or other single decks) north to replace older single deckers. Been a well worn path in recent months with Streetlites, Darts and e200s all heading to Glasgow.
Must have missed that about 44916-921; cheers for the heads up. :)

44911/912 have both ended up with Midland Bluebird's Larbet depot; being painted in the rather plain two-tone blue livery now favored by that division. They were sent to Caledonia merely for repaint and other related prep work before being dispatched to Larbet.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Must have missed that about 44916-921; cheers for the heads up. :)

44911/912 have both ended up with Midland Bluebird's Larbet depot; being painted in the rather plain two-tone blue livery now favored by that division. They were sent to Caledonia merely for repaint and other related prep work before being dispatched to Larbet.

Now you say, I’ve seen pics of those two on dark blue; can I blame age??

route101

Established Member
The only place that might stock the paper copies will be Glasgow and Motherwell..

Or East Kilbride Bus Station but only on a Saturday .They had none today .

I went into the First Motherwell travel centre and a few timetables were out of date , including the airport one from 2015.

Buchanan Bus Station ticket office seems like its about to shut down , now only the 4 or 5 counters on the right hand side .

route101

Established Member
Seen a SK63 reg streetlite on a 240 yesterday . Where did these come from?

Scott mac

If you had read this thread you would have known;) There should be the ones from Cornwall. Also if you haven't noticed there is a BIG event on in Glasgow?
heard 2 rumours about these dart from down south 1 theirs no drivers to bring them up 2 glasgow dont want them