• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

lastbus

I believe there is still another 2 or 3 buses to arrive as I was told it requires 21 to run but that means First have ordered more than 75 vehicles unless the 34/34a is not receiving 16 vehicles.

34 I heard was suppose to be 17th this month. Not sure if they are being officially launched or just put out like the 65

Have heard the buses for the 34 will be launched on 5th of December at QEUH

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonnyB1984

Have heard the buses for the 34 will be launched on 5th of December at QEUH
5th Dec I don't think would be likely as they have only had 3/4 delivered so far. Normally after launch they are out next day. Unless they are launching them on the 5th and putting the buses out as they arrive.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
B7Ls will be removed from fleet before the B10BLEs

I never thought that would be the case as the B10BLEs are Euro 2 but I’m not complaining. I’d keep the B10BLEs forever lol

Launching the 34/34A buses at the QEUH is a great idea as Arrivals Square gets a lot of traffic between, both, staff and patients. It would be nice to see the 77 get some refreshed stock. Some of the E300s are wrecked inside. The leather has been stripped off the seats.

JonnyB1984

I never thought that would be the case as the B10BLEs are Euro 2 but I’m not complaining. I’d keep the B10BLEs forever lol

Launching the 34/34A buses at the QEUH is a great idea as Arrivals Square gets a lot of traffic between, both, staff and patients. It would be nice to see the 77 get some refreshed stock. Some of the E300s are wrecked inside. The leather has been stripped off the seats.

Unfortunately, the B10BLEs will be removed not long after the B7Ls are retired. In terms of reliability, the B10s will live on a little longer.

Not sure what's happening with stock for the 77 but I know it's getting a new branding sometime in the future.

lastbus

5th Dec I don't think would be likely as they have only had 3/4 delivered so far. Normally after launch they are out next day. Unless they are launching them on the 5th and putting the buses out as they arrive.

They launched the 18 without all the buses here.

Gingerbus1991

You would think that the company would recognise that the eLeather isn't very durable and would just go back to fabric, another failing on there part given that the 300s are only 5/6 years old.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
You would think that the company would recognise that the eLeather isn't very durable and would just go back to fabric, another failing on there part given that the 300s are only 5/6 years old.

It's actually a strange one. Our Geminis were refurbished 5 years ago with eLeather and it's still like new. On the other hand some of our Enviro300s which were new just a few months prior have some rather tatty seats.

In all fairness though if the seats were fabric you'd probably fine they'd need replaced soon too.

laststop@96

first glasgow e leather seat damage will mostly be ned related use fabric they would just destroy them also as any damage seen has always been towards the rear of the bus where the monkeys play.all that cctv and can,t catch ned,s destroying seats.

Gingerbus1991

first glasgow e leather seat damage will mostly be ned related use fabric they would just destroy them also as any damage seen has always been towards the rear of the bus where the monkeys play.all that cctv and can,t catch ned,s destroying seats.
This is one reason why I don't think many in glasgow deserve a bus service, you mostly find trash doing this to buses, the eLeather is also easy to draw on, I have seen people pull on the raggedy bits on the seats if there fingers come across it, out of habit I'd assume, its also annoying when people sit downstairs with there feet on the rear-facing seating downstairs at the back on deckers, I could clobber ones that do that, it's about time more weegies grew a little more respect for the city and everything in it, The neds should all be shot dead.

Gla1

Perhaps the airport e200s will be moved onto the 77 if a rebrand for the route is on its way!

laststop@96

metal-seats-on-bus.jpg

Jordan Adam

Established Member
This is one reason why I don't think many in glasgow deserve a bus service, you mostly find trash doing this to buses, the eLeather is also easy to draw on, I have seen people pull on the raggedy bits on the seats if there fingers come across it, out of habit I'd assume, its also annoying when people sit downstairs with there feet on the rear-facing seating downstairs at the back on deckers, I could clobber ones that do that, it's about time more weegies grew a little more respect for the city and everything in it, The neds should all be shot dead.

Those Urban90s without the padded section are the answer i think!

img171-1532-817o-250x250.jpg

Strathclyder

Established Member
75 new buses for Glasgow next year are 53 e400mmc 10 e400mmc city's and 12 e200mmc
Interesting, the bit I've bolded. First Scottish order for the E400MMC City, if I'm not mistaken.

Coach & Bus Magazine said:
First Glasgow confirms plans to invest in 75 new ADL buses in 2019

FIRST-BUS-ALEXANDER-DENNIS-LW0041.jpg

The new buses represent an investment of over £16m

First Glasgow has announced that it plans to invest in 75 new Euro VI and electric buses from ADL in 2019, after additional funding was granted from the Scottish Green Bus Fund.

The buses ordered are 53 Enviro400 MMCs, 10 Enviro400 MMC Citys and 12 Enviro200 MMCs.

A £400,000 investment from the Fund will supplement the £16.35m investment First Bus plans to make next year, following on from a £14m investment in 2018.

At an event hosted at ADL’s Falkirk factory, Andrew Jarvis, Managing Director for First Scotland met with Cabinet Secretary for Transport, Infrastructure and Connectivity, Michael Matheson to mark the latest award from the Scottish Green Bus Fund and to get an early look at some of the new buses on the production line. Andrew Jarvis, Managing Director for First Glasgow, said: “We are committed to working with Glasgow City Council, Transport Scotland and the Cabinet Minister to improve the city’s bus services.

The bus is very much part of the solution when it comes to reducing emissions on our already congested roads as one full low emission bus can take up to 75 cars off the road.

“By deploying our new Euro VI technology vehicles that offer more comfort and are eco-friendlier we are headed in the right direction, but I know that a lot more can be achieved with strong working partnerships as we look to make public transport a more attractive alternative to the car for more people.

“In addition to the 75 Glasgow vehicles, First Bus in Scotland will also be working with Scottish Power Energy Networks to introduce two electric vehicles to the city of Glasgow, as well as continuing to work with Aberdeen City Council on the next phase of Hydrogen bus deployment in Aberdeen.”

Keith Watson, Customer Development Director at ADL, stated: “We’re delighted to be partnering with First Glasgow to bring ultra-low emission Euro VI and electric vehicles to the streets of Scotland’s biggest city.

“These Enviro double and single deck vehicles not only respond to stringent environmental demands but also to passengers’ increasing expectations thanks to premium onboard specifications and features.

“We look forward to continuing to work with First Glasgow on their journey to improve air quality in and around the city.”

https://cbwmagazine.com/first-glasg...1TPDSqyqOoTDX6Dlp5PRUKEvQVfWr4o2GVTzz7YBQlGTQ

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Nice number of deckers being ordered there instead of singles which is always good news. Would be nice to see routes like the 60/41 upgraded. I wonder if the 4 and 5 will see new deckers seeing as they lost the 65 plate E400s.

That would allow First to get more of their B9TLs refurbished and cascaded on to other routes and oust the remaining ex-London Tridents.

route101

Established Member
Nice number of deckers being ordered there instead of singles which is always good news. Would be nice to see routes like the 60/41 upgraded. I wonder if the 4 and 5 will see new deckers seeing as they lost the 65 plate E400s.

That would allow First to get more of their B9TLs refurbished and cascaded on to other routes and oust the remaining ex-London Tridents.

Think the 60 has been mentioned before for new buses , but who knows . 38, 10 and 57 run older buses too .

Think the 4 and 5 will run with refurbished B9TLS . The 4 usually gets new buses , maybe it does not make money , its quiet off peak .

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Think the 60 has been mentioned before for new buses , but who knows . 38, 10 and 57 run older buses too .

Think the 4 and 5 will run with refurbished B9TLS . The 4 usually gets new buses , maybe it does not make money , its quiet off peak .

The most random of routes are being upgraded as of recent so I’m not ruling anything out.

The 38 literally gets anything flung on it. It would be nice to see some new stock for those routes. I always vision Streetdeckers for that route for some reason. I think routes like the 38E and 38B could run as single deck and the 38A and 38C as deckers.

Gla1

Agreed any route could be up for grabs with these buses! The city version makes sense for the 500 perhaps slightly cheaper to make up for the higher spec they will no doubt order alongside it. This also comes with a posh looking glass staircase that first tend not to get for their buses unlike Lothian but no doubt would be suitable to the 500.

KGGXXXY

The most random of routes are being upgraded as of recent so I’m not ruling anything out.

The 38 literally gets anything flung on it. It would be nice to see some new stock for those routes. I always vision Streetdeckers for that route for some reason. I think routes like the 38E and 38B could run as single deck and the 38A and 38C as deckers.

Agreed what I don't understand is that some of the routes being upgraded don't touch the LEZ like the 34/a and the 241, you would think upgrading city routes would be a priority. But there must be some method in allocation.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Agreed any route could be up for grabs with these buses! The city version makes sense for the 500 perhaps slightly cheaper to make up for the higher spec they will no doubt order alongside it. This also comes with a posh looking glass staircase that first tend not to get for their buses unlike Lothian but no doubt would be suitable to the 500.

I like the look of the E400 city. The glass staircases always look pretty appealing and much more modern. I wonder if they’ll rebrand the airport services from the black and purple or whether they’ll just keep it as it is because it’s fairly new. Guess we will find out soon whether Glasgow will be keeping the current 16/67 plate E200MMCs or if they’ll be going elsewhere.

Bus Lightyear

I would say First Glasgow are better sticking with ADL products as it's more expensive to dual source from an engineering perspective.

From my own point of view the E400MMC is a far superior vehicle to the Streetdeck.

Gingerbus1991

If First were to go back to Wrightbus stuff again, they’d be best sticking to a B5TL Gemini as they already have a large Cummins/Volvo engined fleet, throwing in a major amount of Daimler engined Streetdecks isnt keeping things as simple as possible, at this moment, I would rather drive a B5TL with a ZF box as opposed to the sluggish Voith fitted 400MMCs Glasgow have, Ive spoken to a few faces recently I knew while working at FiG years ago, and a few said the same that the Voith boxes make the 400s too damn sluggish.
I do however like the glazed starwells and upper A-Pillars on Lothians geminis.

I do think its odd but I do see sense that other areas of glasgow which arent affected by Glasgows LEZ should Be getting new buses as well.

On a side note..

while many talk about a bus being replaced I’d be determined to have more of FIGs large number of 2006 B7RLEs kept and refurbished heavily, FAR more heavily than FiGs current attempts, as Im aware, the Euro3 Engines can be retrofitted to bring them up to Euro6 standards by Eminox or Baumot and its not as if there unreliable to start with...

Furthermore the 2006/2007 and maybe even some 54 plate B7TLs could have the same treatment.

Transdev have refurbished many B7TL/B7RLE buses, even changing/facelifting the front end bodywork from the dated looking double-headlights to the Eclipse 2/Gemini 2 90mm headlight design, again which bring them a step forward in terms of the way they look on the road, Transdev had even invested indoing away with the roaring engine fans by way of An Electric cooling pack from Avid, essentially making them quieter to travel in and passing by the kerbside, the system also adds around 8% of fuel efficiency according to Transdev or upto 15% on Avids terms, as investments go, it would be one that would help pay for itself through fuel savings.

Last edited: