• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

Bus Lightyear

It did surprise me to see it done, i guess it's all down to whether or not it'll be here long enough to make up for the repaint cost.
You would've thought with the mileage cut from next week's service revision that the remaining Volvo B10bles would be off for disposal or maybe they're planning to remove something else.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lastbus

You would've thought with the mileage cut from next week's service revision that the remaining Volvo B10bles would be off for disposal or maybe they're planning to remove something else.
B7L toiletboxes have to go first. Fleet moves will happen next weekend due to service change.

More changes in October I’ve heard.

SarahDFIG

Aw thanks for the info. Wonder what will be painted next and actually staying in Glasgow
non branded e200mmcs soon I heard to be repainted. there doesn't seem to be an order they get done in. just what is available in depot when an vehicle is for painting I believe.

I can't be the only person but new paintwork doesn't look nice on the b10s. Wright emblem should have got painted purple also. just looks far too plain.

I can't be the only person but new paintwork doesn't look nice on the b10s. Wright emblem should have got painted purple also. just looks far too plain.
This has always annoyed me about the repaints losing their Wright logos tbh, should keep them grey like before.

cnjb8

Established Member
non branded e200mmcs soon I heard to be repainted. there doesn't seem to be an order they get done in. just what is available in depot when an vehicle is for painting I believe.

I think the new livery just looks far too plain. It will get dirty easy and won't look good in the future. But first do have dirty Barbies still running around.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
B7L toiletboxes have to go first. Fleet moves will happen next weekend due to service change.

More changes in October I’ve heard.

Haven’t seen many B7Ls around recently. I have seen the odd one on the 46 but it’s started to become B7RLEs or B7TLs/B9TLs running the service. The B7RLEs have taken over on the 64 too. Is there many left?

SarahDFIG

Fleet movements due by the end of this month (don't have all fleet numbers **subject to change**)

Remaining vehicles in barbie will be painted in the coming weeks or removed from fleet subject to management decisions

Scotstoun e400s hybrids (5/6) to Adderley Green (not sure on fleet numbers)
66735 Blantyre to Caley
42958 Blantyre to Caley possibly Scotstoun
42960 Blantyre to Overtown (replacing 42888?)
caetano darts at Blantyre to Caley (not sure how many)

Scrapped (All B7ls now off fleet)
*edit*

Last edited:

route101

Established Member
Haven’t seen many B7Ls around recently. I have seen the odd one on the 46 but it’s started to become B7RLEs or B7TLs/B9TLs running the service. The B7RLEs have taken over on the 64 too. Is there many left?

See the odd one on the 7 too . Even one on the 6 i seen.

route101

Established Member
Fleet movements due by the end of this month (don't have all fleet numbers **subject to change**)

Remaining vehicles in barbie will be painted in the coming weeks or removed from fleet subject to management decisions

66735 Blantyre to Caley

The scotstoun e400s are going ?

Bus Lightyear

66735 Blantyre to Caley

What's up with 65693? Is that not an ex Hutchison's motor?

SarahDFIG

What's up with 65693? Is that not an ex Hutchison's motor?
65755 - 65758 are the ex hutchy vehicles.

The one you mentioned is an ex midland bluebird vehicle. Not sure why its being removed from fleet unless maintenance issues. Its sister 65696 has just been painted recently so not sure why this one has been picked out.

Bus Lightyear

65755 - 65758 are the ex hutchy vehicles.

The one you mentioned is an ex midland bluebird vehicle. Not sure why its being removed from fleet unless maintenance issues. Its sister 65696 has just been painted recently so not sure why this one has been picked out.
Ok, cheers

lastbus

5 left I think. They will all be gone by next weekend.

66735 Blantyre to Caley

*edit*

All hybrid deckers are to go to adderley green where they will be converted to diesel.

6 this month and the rest at the next service revision which I believe will be October.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
Are the Hybrids permanently staying at Potteries after the conversion?

The 6 seems to be getting a bit of a rough deal at the moment. It's a mish mash of buses and certainly doesn't suite single deckers on it.

PaulMc7

Established Member
Are the Hybrids permanently staying at Potteries after the conversion?

The 6 seems to be getting a bit of a rough deal at the moment. It's a mish mash of buses and certainly doesn't suite single deckers on it.

I think the problem with the 6 is that it's so unreliable and the buses on it are normally filthy especially the double deckers

JumpinTrainz

Established Member

All hybrid deckers are to go to adderley green where they will be converted to diesel.

6 this month and the rest at the next service revision which I believe will be October.

Bit surprised some of the E400s are leaving the fleet. I understand the hybrids had a lot of reliability problems at one stage, not sure how they are now.

Haven’t seen many of them on the 6 they seem to be straying on to other routes, particularly many on the 60/60A as of recent.

Hopefully a sign of more deckers coming to Glasgow. It would be nice to see a low height version of the E400 City for the 6 if they want to keep it decker operated. If not then E300s or E200s would be good for the route.

SarahDFIG

Bit surprised some of the E400s are leaving the fleet. I understand the hybrids had a lot of reliability problems at one stage, not sure how they are now.

Haven’t seen many of them on the 6 they seem to be straying on to other routes, particularly many on the 60/60A as of recent.

Hopefully a sign of more deckers coming to Glasgow. It would be nice to see a low height version of the E400 City for the 6 if they want to keep it decker operated. If not then E300s or E200s would be good for the route.
Single decker operation from what i was told.

smtglasgow

The old 66 was single-decker for years before the E400 turned up – and there were probably more punters in those days. It might lead to some over-crowding between the city and Clarkston in the peaks, but otherwise should be OK. I’ve been half expecting First to reduce the Clydebank end of the route for a while. I’ve never seen it busy beyond Anniesland, but it can get packed on Great Western Rd if there’s a gap or when the schools come out.

PaulMc7

Established Member
The old 66 was single-decker for years before the E400 turned up – and there were probably more punters in those days. It might lead to some over-crowding between the city and Clarkston in the peaks, but otherwise should be OK. I’ve been half expecting First to reduce the Clydebank end of the route for a while. I’ve never seen it busy beyond Anniesland, but it can get packed on Great Western Rd if there’s a gap or when the schools come out.

I stay not far from Anniesland and you're right tbh. It's very often quiet along Anniesland Road and Dumbarton Road. I think the reliability being poor puts a lot off using it tbh and Dumbarton Road into Clydebank has 9 1s and 8 2s an hour so it's very overbussed. At peak times and school times it's necessary to have this amount but outside of that it's overkill

CM

I stay not far from Anniesland and you're right tbh. It's very often quiet along Anniesland Road and Dumbarton Road. I think the reliability being poor puts a lot off using it tbh and Dumbarton Road into Clydebank has 9 1s and 8 2s an hour so it's very overbussed. At peak times and school times it's necessary to have this amount but outside of that it's overkill

Probably also because from Anniesland onwards the 6 operates close to 5 Scotrail Stations and most people will take the much faster(and probably cheaper)train into town.

PaulMc7

Established Member
Probably also because from Anniesland onwards the 6 operates close to 5 Scotrail Stations and most people will take the much faster(and probably cheaper)train into town.

Definitely a factor. I know a single would be cheaper by bus but not sure about peak times for returns on the train

Scott mac

Only the hybrid e400 are leaving the fleet question is what are first glasgow playing at

CM

Only the hybrid e400 are leaving the fleet question is what are first glasgow playing at

They're playing at converting unreliable hybrid buses to diesel to make them more reliable. It hasn't been stated if this is a permanent move or not and they could just be going there for conversion.

PaulMc7

Established Member
They're playing at converting unreliable hybrid buses to diesel to make them more reliable. It hasn't been stated if this is a permanent move or not and they could just be going there for conversion.

Anything to improve reliability is always a bonus. Will be interesting to see if it's permanent or not

SarahDFIG

Permanent move. They wont be converted right away.