• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

route101

Established Member
On busy, core routes like the 2 and 38 then it matters, you wouldn't exactly want a Solo to appear on a peak time journey but for a service like the 31 which is a very marginal service then single deckers are more than adequate. I've used this service a few times and it seemed to pick up very few passengers and definitely not enough to fill a decker so why it'd need a decker is beyond me.

Fills a decker at peak time for sure . Better to keep decker on the route all day , as they do .

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

KGGXXXY

Noticed today Various buses with different destination display programming today - various 9 Eclipses with destination (all via points and terminus in full screen with 9 to the right.
and a 57 Gemini with a full screen terminus then back to two lines terminus with scrolling via points below.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Noticed today Various buses with different destination display programming today - various 9 Eclipses with destination (all via points and terminus in full screen with 9 to the right.
and a 57 Gemini with a full screen terminus then back to two lines terminus with scrolling via points below.

Noticed this also. The numbers look more spaced out and also there appears to be more areas on the via list.

lastbus

All destination screens should have been updated to fixed via points rather than scrolling.

PaulMc7

Established Member
Noticed font changes for the wording and numbers on buses towards the end of last week. It's not every bus but I seen it a lot of most of the buses from Scotstoun/Caledonia depots but not much from the others

lastbus

Noticed font changes for the wording and numbers on buses towards the end of last week. It's not every bus but I seen it a lot of most of the buses from Scotstoun/Caledonia depots but not much from the others
They should all be done now.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
As per lastbus's comments there was an error in the reprogramming and it is/was a known issue, but given the size of the fleet it takes time to fix.

PaulMc7

Established Member
As per lastbus's comments there was an error in the reprogramming and it is/was a known issue, but given the size of the fleet it takes time to fix.

Yeah absolutely. I first noticed it on Thursday and Saturday was the last time I was out so will probably see it more now

route101

Established Member
61 branded b9tl on 31 this evening , with one alx 400 and 2 eclsipes making up the rest .

PaulMc7

Established Member
61 branded b9tl on 31 this evening , with one alx 400 and 2 eclsipes making up the rest .

Those 61 branded buses are popping up all over the place now. Seen one on a 19 on Saturday and a few around on the 60s occasionally too. I do think the 19 with newer buses would work tbh. Not sure how it'll be with the every 20 mins frequency but it's usually busy til Provanmill at least

overthewater

Established Member
I give X2 months and that's it... It does not serve that many people, Also SPT would be better off paying for Sunday service on 72 instead of the 19a.

PaulMc7

Established Member
I give X2 months and that's it... It does not serve that many people, Also SPT would be better off paying for Sunday service on 72 instead of the 19a.

Definitely agree with the X2 statement. Not sure about the 72 as that's very often very empty and I've seen it quite a few times. More later SPT journeys on the 8 might be the way forward but I don't see it happening. Robroyston is just going to become a busless area sooner rather than later

PaulMc7

Established Member
With Robroyston they could even have used it by splitting the 8 into 2 services.

QEUH-Robroyston Asda
Parkhead to Robroyston, Briarcroft

Main reasons I would have this setup are the fact the complaints with the X2 mainly involve the fact it doesn't go to Asda and there's no link to Provanmill other than the 8 but you can't get to that with the X2. There would also be improved reliability off of a split although I will say that there's been times at Robroyston an 8 has been 6/7 mins early when I've waited on it

Last edited:

PaulMc7

Established Member
President Trident on the 2 this evening

Not seen a trident on a 2 for some time tbh. Used to be one in the morning a good few months back that I seen a lot but only a few other deckers since

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
President Trident on the 2 this evening

Very rare. You can get the odd decker on the 2 but it tends to be a B7TL if anything. Feels like so long ago that I sat upstairs on a 2. It could be doing with some deckers particularly during peaks.

PaulMc7

Established Member
Very rare. You can get the odd decker on the 2 but it tends to be a B7TL if anything. Feels like so long ago that I sat upstairs on a 2. It could be doing with some deckers particularly during peaks.

Definitely agree. Since the August change they've become far more unreliable than before it so the every 8 min frequency goes out the window very often meaning there's 20 mins then 3 of them all packed with people standing a lot

route101

Established Member

Have seen a few deckers on the 2 , was usually one of the highback seat geminis . Such a more comfortable journey on a decker.

Whiteway215

Established Member
Those are B7TLs not tridents, it was indeed 33120
Wasn't 33120 repainted in recent months? In First West of England we still have Solos running around in Barbie that have never been repainted since new in 2005 plus several others still in Barbie.

Wasn't 33120 repainted in recent months? In First West of England we still have Solos running around in Barbie that have never been repainted since new in 2005 plus several others still in Barbie.
Yup it now wears the new liveryr

also some SF55 and a WX55 RLEs moved to Scoutston from Caley as well as some YN08 B9s at Caley

34363/4/96 have been debranded from the 38

Last edited:

PaulMc7

Established Member
Seen an E300 on the X2 just leaving West Regent St earlier. Was a bit far away to see how busy it actually was though.

Might eventually use it at least once to get an idea of how busy it is. Don't expect much tbh.

Just had a check too. The full X2 route has 11 stops in total towards Glasgow and 10 towards Robroyston. How on earth do they expect that to make money?

Last edited: