• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PaulMc7

Established Member
Would be very surprised if their for the 90 as it isn't a lez route but then this is first Glasgow we are talking about

Think I'd feel sorry for who had to drive them if it was for the 90. Such a long route and they always felt horrible as a passenger and I've seen drivers say they don't like them at all a few times

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
They could be for the 90 given the 90 originally had Streetlites in 2014 for a short time before they were moved on to the 34/34A for the QEUH opening.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
The Streetlites do look incredibly smart in the new livery. They suit it a lot.

I think the Streetlites are good for local services, perhaps not main stream busy services but short distance they are ok and would be good to replace a lot of the older stock that they are renown for.

Interesting if they’re choosing to brand up the local services like they have in Lanarkshire - they’re trying to turn it up against the competition. On another note the 90 could be doing with newer stock too.

PaulMc7

Established Member

I think the Streetlites are good for local services, perhaps not main stream busy services but short distance they are ok and would be good to replace a lot of the older stock that they are renown for.

Interesting if they’re choosing to brand up the local services like they have in Lanarkshire - they’re trying to turn it up against the competition. On another note the 90 could be doing with newer stock too.

A route trim and new stock could be great for the 90. Some sections of the route are certainly busy enough to warrant it plus there's a lot of marketable parts of the route

Last edited:

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Think I'd feel sorry for who had to drive them if it was for the 90. Such a long route and they always felt horrible as a passenger and I've seen drivers say they don't like them at all a few times

You do realise it doesn't matter how long the route is... the drivers are still driving them for the same amount of time regardless.

PaulMc7

Established Member
You do realise it doesn't matter how long the route is... the drivers are still driving them for the same amount of time regardless.

A lot longer to go without recovery time and a little break though so it does make a bit of a difference

PaulMc7

Established Member
Good luck finding decent recovery time on any route these days.

Yeah a lot of routes really need more of it. Can see why companies have low recovery time but ultimately more reliable services would attract more customers. Known a good few people who would use the bus if they were reliable

route101

Established Member

Not suited to main services at all , 267 is one.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Not suited to main services at all , 267 is one.

I recall getting one or two on the 2 when they worked out of Parkhead on the 90 and found them to be ok. Can’t say they were any worse than the E200MMCs or E300s normally on the route. Not sure where all the hate comes from if I’m really honest

Bus Lightyear

I recall getting one or two on the 2 when they worked out of Parkhead on the 90 and found them to be ok. Can’t say they were any worse than the E200MMCs or E300s normally on the route. Not sure where all the hate comes from if I’m really honest
E300/E200MMC are not perfect but they are far better than the Streetlite IMO. They are also a lot more powerful.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
E300/E200MMC are not perfect but they are far better than the Streetlite IMO. They are also a lot more powerful.

E200MMCs and Streetlites have the same engine and same power ratings, but the E200MMCs are set up far better so are smoother, faster and just generally the superior bus.

LT02 NVV

Member Enviro 500s, I Remember Enviro 500's.
To bad they gave them to Aberdeen.

Attachments

• 22059354404_0cb6a9b79d_b.jpg
    22059354404_0cb6a9b79d_b.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 40

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Member Enviro 500s, I Remember Enviro 500's.
To bad they gave them to Aberdeen.

The E500s were good buses I always liked them but got the impression that Glasgow wanted rid of them because of fuel consumption. It’s been said since then however that the aircon issues were solved. It’d be nice to see more tri axel buses in Glasgow again in the form of the E400XLB

PaulMc7

Established Member
Always wonder if First would ever go back into Parkhall, Antonine Park or Linnvale. The Clydebank network has been fairly unchanged for a while now and I've definitely built up a lot of things to notice going there a lot in my life and from when I worked there for 10 months.

Whitecrook could be done by the 1s and 2s no bother as the 6 is rarely that busy

The M11, M60 and 81 seem fairly busy a lot of the time from what I seen

Avondale buses always seemed dead in comparison to First

Duntocher is a tad overbused when you consider that the Citybus 17 and Avondale 300 also go there as well as the 81

The M60 and 60 are busier than the Avondale 200 a lot of the time

Despite them being short routes the M60 and 81 can be very unreliable at times

Avondale haven't long increased their Parkhall service but cut back on Linnvale frequency

I don't think Clydebank is anywhere near the draw it used to be. Shopping centre quality is way down and it tends to be local shoppers only

Last edited:

route101

Established Member

The Ex Parkhead ones were a bit small if on main route,

PaulMc7

Established Member
Pretty comfortable , i recall they werent used on Sundays for some reason , the ALX 400s dont seem to be

Was definitely a lot more other buses to use on a Sunday. Probably even more so now as a lot of even the good Sunday services have had a frequency drop in the last few years

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Pretty comfortable , i recall they werent used on Sundays for some reason , the ALX 400s dont seem to be

I think they were heavy on fuel because of issues with the aircon but since moving to Aberdeen it was said on here that they aren’t as bad as they once were.