• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stef434

Better still before authorising road works, (all) council's should insist on a public transport impact assessment, consultation with affected operators, agreed re-routes / stop closures and signage creation and hanging at affected stops. All financed & delivered by the company wanting to dig up the road in the first place. Would help focus minds would deliver council's duty of care (better) for the elderly and infirm.

I'm surprised it doesn't happen already to be honest.
Funny enough all this is discussed at the relevant site meetings or any table top meeting where all transport operators are invited along with relevant emergency services ,utilities and appointed TM
The bus operator is not legally required to post notices but the LA is by means of posting an abbreviated TTRO on the road where any disruption is expected.
Used to represent a large bus company at such meetings.

DunsBus

Established Member
Sad to see newer buses being destroyed by fire hope it wasn’t something malicious.

Of course I hope no one was injured before the moral police get on to me.

Bus involved was 37050 (SN65ZDM).

Very much a case of "was", too.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Apparently the engine “just blew up” at a set of temporary traffic lights. For a newer bus I find this unusual.

SarahDFIG

Fires don’t just “happen”
Of course they do. Are you implying this was another act of vandalism? - A mechanical fire "happens" due to an part failing.

Therefore I stand correct with stating they do just "happen" as of course parts wear and tear which can cause such events to happen.

Awaiting your reply disagreeing like you mostly do.

Another reason I rarely post on here nowadays is due to people like yourself.

Last edited:

lastbus

Of course they do. Are you implying this was another act of vandalism? - A mechanical fire "happens" due to an part failing.

Therefore I stand correct with stating they do just "happen" as of course parts wear and tear which can cause such events to happen.

Awaiting your reply disagreeing like you mostly do.

Another reason I rarely post on here nowadays is due to people like yourself.
I’m saying this incident was 100% avoidable.

Stef434

The usual "crap First maintenance" mentality. :rolleyes:
I understand that first raised concerns with ADL about the use of rubber piping housing gear change and other parts close to the engine first insisted on a metal type housing read into that

https://www.firstgroup.com/greater-...lanned-changes/service-change-19th-april-2020

Service Change 19th of April 2020
19 Apr 2020All Areas

Service change from Sunday 19 April 2020

Service 64, Glasgow – Carmyle

Minor route change in the Parkhead area, service will now operate via Gallowgate towards Carmyle, and will no longer operate via Biggar Street and Duke Street.

Revised timetable daily, no change to frequency.

Service 77, Glasgow – Braehead/Glasgow Airport

Minor route change at Glasgow Airport, service will now operate as follows from the Airport, via Caledonia Way, right into Caledonia Way East, right into St Andrew’s Drive; left into Slip Road onto M8 Eastbound then as current route.

Revised timetable daily, no change to frequency.

Service 500, Glasgow – Glasgow Airport

Minor route change at Glasgow Airport, service will now operate as follows from the Airport, via Caledonia Way, right into Caledonia Way East, right into St Andrew’s Drive; left into Slip Road onto M8 Eastbound then as current route.

PaulMc7

Established Member
Not surprised with the change to the 64 tbh. Never made sense to go different ways in each direction. Wonder if they'll change the 8 eventually as that does the same thing at the forge- Duke St towards QEUH and Gallowgate towards Helenvale St terminus

singlemalt

Apparently the engine “just blew up” at a set of temporary traffic lights. For a newer bus I find this unusual.
bus is just a mangled piece of metal burn to a crisp worst ive ever seen i meant to take photos this morning but it was too dark

Aidan1

Typical media spreading crap on the fire in netherton, saying that passengers had to flee the scene. The bus was out of service heading to Overtown for a change of vehicle coming off the 209 run. Luckily the driver and no bystanders were injured. Shame the bus is now nothing but a burnt out shell.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
is 34368 still at Caledonia or is it now in a pile with what it replaced?

Yes it’s still at Caledonia. You can just about see it if you pass on the M74 it has a black sheet over it but it’s really badly burnt out. It’s been sitting there since it was brought in.