• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Yes it’s still at Caledonia. You can just about see it if you pass on the M74 it has a black sheet over it but it’s really badly burnt out. It’s been sitting there since it was brought in.
take it it might be visible from the trains that.
guess 34368 is one for the scrap pile then

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Noticed the branded Streetlites have moved and couldn’t see them about the depot. Have Scotstoun got them now?

SarahDFIG

it’s not to be scrapped and is no longer outside.
Yes I found out today when I was in. I was told its starting the long work of repairing the vehicle but tbh I personally thought it was an goner. Hope to see it return to the fleet.

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Yes I found out today when I was in. I was told its starting the long work of repairing the vehicle but tbh I personally thought it was an goner. Hope to see it return to the fleet.
if its being repaired then its an indicator that it would be returning to the fleet? anyway im glad to see its coming back, would expect it to return in the same livery with 38 branding

SarahDFIG

if its being repaired then its an indicator that it would be returning to the fleet? anyway im glad to see its coming back, would expect it to return in the same livery with 38 branding
The person that advised me its being repaired wasn't 100% sure as they believed it was in for that reason. This is why I said I hope it does return to the fleet :)

Different story I’m sure for 67050 which was basically burn to the ground front to back .

DunsBus

Established Member
whats the difference?

A rebuild means repairing just the damaged section, whilst a rebody means scrapping the existing body and replacing it with a new one. It may actually be more prudent to rebody 34368 rather than try to repair it, as the upper-deck fire damage is quite substantial.

ScotRail158725

Established Member
The person that advised me its being repaired wasn't 100% sure as they believed it was in for that reason. This is why I said I hope it does return to the fleet :)
aw ok

A rebuild means repairing just the damaged section, whilst a rebody means scrapping the existing body and replacing it with a new one. It may actually be more prudent to rebody 34368 rather than try to repair it, as the upper-deck fire damage is quite substantial.
cheers for the info

Different story I’m sure for 67050 which was basically burn to the ground front to back .
67050 looks like 34368s upper deck

EMU303

Presumably we can expect frequency reductions in the coming days as passenger numbers slump due to the c virus? And staff will inevitably be affected by the “stay at home for 7 days etc”...

PaulMc7

Established Member
Presumably we can expect frequency reductions in the coming days as passenger numbers slump due to the c virus? And staff will inevitably be affected by the “stay at home for 7 days etc”...

Most colleges/unis have told everyone to not go in too so I'd imagine it might happen. Bus companies here are understaffed as it is so would be really tough to get drivers to work even more hours than they currently are

route101

Established Member
I see the streetlites that came up from England are in a turquoise colour for the route branding.

PaulMc7

Established Member
Will definitely be tough to gauge how much the Coronavirus will impact things but from what I seen earlier it's already starting. Sundays aren't great for numbers but I seen a fair number of buses and only one 1A had more than 7/8 passengers on it. Most carrying 1 or 2 and my sister even said she was the only person on her 77 to work this morning and it's normally pretty busy.

Seen the likes of the 1s, 2s ,3s ,6s, 8s, 16s, 77s etc throughout today

PaulMc7

Established Member
Would expect service levels to drop but I think there's only so much they could drop without screwing a lot of people out of their way to work. There's probably more people who can't work from home than those who can so a small drop is all I could see being reasonable

overthewater

Established Member
Until the schools CLOSE, i doubt weekend tt will come in to force, to may kids still use the normal bus services to get to school . As soon as that happens I think it will be reduced saturday or enhanced sunday service.

smtglasgow

A Saturday service works fine over Christmas and New Year, so that should probably be the first stage. Maybe not very scientific, but I went on a long run around parts of the East End to mark day one of enforced home working, and from what I could see the buses are quieter, but not catastrophically so. Plenty of over-70s out and about – maybe one last trip to Asda? I saw quite a few buses on the 2 and 60 and the passenger numbers looked more like a wet day in January rather than the impending collapse of society. But if the schools close and more businesses shut down (how does a call centre deal with social distancing?) we could end up with Sunday levels of service with extras at the peaks for those still working in town.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
How reduced are we talking here? Not surprised

I can't imagine it'll be that much, in Aberdeen they're just switching the 1B and 20 to a University Closed timetable from the 23rd (primarily as both uni's are closed), likewise in Stirling the UL is just going to a University closed timetable.

PaulMc7

Established Member
I can't imagine it'll be that much, in Aberdeen they're just switching the 1B and 20 to a University Closed timetable from the 23rd (primarily as both uni's are closed), likewise in Stirling the UL is just going to a University closed timetable.

Yeah that's fairly reasonable

overthewater

Established Member
Will when the announcement get made? I take it this will last until 22nd April no matter what.