• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordan Adam

Established Member
I heard avondale has went bust any truth in that?

If true it was only a matter of time. The company was run to the ground operating unsafe battered vehicles for years. I would hope that the staff find new jobs, however the drivers there come and go at such a rate that I doubt it'll make much difference as they'd have been leaving next week anyway!

Zakforbes4

If true it was only a matter of time. The company was run to the ground operating unsafe battered vehicles for years. I would hope that the staff find new jobs, however the drivers there come and go at such a rate that I doubt it'll make much difference as they'd have been leaving next week anyway!

Lol true but saying that they did just buy a 08 e200 but its not really in good condition and most people who know nothing about buses would probs thing firsts renowns are newer

awsnews

But every time they have been to a PI financial standing has not been an issue.
It has been posted elsewhere that Swift Coaches of Barrhead have folded.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
But every time they have been to a PI financial standing has not been an issue.
It has been posted elsewhere that Swift Coaches of Barrhead have folded.

That is true, however I do think a huge part of that comes to how they cut costs. Even with their Esteems they allegedly took the headlight clusters off so they could sell them on Ebay!

Sadly I suspect more firms will be going over the next few months.

overthewater

Established Member
What routes do avondale operate that are NOT covered by other companies? I also think First Glasgow will make further changes by April

lastbus

Although Glasgow are going to holiday timetables it will be reviewed again next week with a view to reducing further.

Zakforbes4

Why is there so many buses to duntocher anyway theres the 81/300 every 10 min but ive never seen one busy makes no sense

PaulMc7

Established Member
Why is there so many buses to duntocher anyway theres the 81/300 every 10 min but ive never seen one busy makes no sense

Seen the 81 busy at peaks but other than that I'm the same. If the Avondale thing is true it might be worth putting it back into Linnvale but at a lessened frequency

PaulMc7

Established Member
If Avondale are no more and once the coronavirus issues clear I still wouldn't see First doing much to fill in the areas lost by Avondale going. M11 to Parkhall, M60 extended to Linnvale or the 81 extended to Linnvale are the only 3 real ways anything could be utilised and tbh I see it being left to SPT to clean up with tenders. Don't even think they'd bring back the short 42 to cover into Partick again either

awsnews

If Avondale are no more and once the coronavirus issues clear I still wouldn't see First doing much to fill in the areas lost by Avondale going. M11 to Parkhall, M60 extended to Linnvale or the 81 extended to Linnvale are the only 3 real ways anything could be utilised and tbh I see it being left to SPT to clean up with tenders. Don't even think they'd bring back the short 42 to cover into Partick again either
Have seen an Avondale 400 this morning, rumours of their demise may have been exaggerated

83G/84D

Established Member
Does First Glasgow still have 39142 (SN16 OGT) a E400H on strength? It is/was shown as a ADL development vehicle allocated to Caledonia.

route101

Established Member
Does First Glasgow still have 39142 (SN16 OGT) a E400H on strength? It is/was shown as a ADL development vehicle allocated to Caledonia.

If its the Gold one , i seen it parked up last week at caley.

I seen a few transdev eclispes parked up at Caley today.

83G/84D

Established Member
If its the Gold one , i seen it parked up last week at caley.

I seen a few transdev eclispes parked up at Caley today.

Never seen it so don't know what colour it is. I'm just curious about that particular vehicle.