• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PaulMc7

Established Member
I'm guessing First are updating timetables onto the app in advance before announcing them this time because nothing is showing up anywhere on the app for me currently. Usually around 3 hours in advance.

Edit: This is now working fine but wasn't for 2 hours. I'm guessing it was a timetable update because of all of the plans coming for increased service

Last edited:

route101

Established Member
I'm guessing First are updating timetables onto the app in advance before announcing them this time because nothing is showing up anywhere on the app for me currently. Usually around 3 hours in advance.

Edit: This is now working fine but wasn't for 2 hours. I'm guessing it was a timetable update because of all of the plans coming for increased service

Ive never used the app to check the timetables , just m tickets and tracker.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Is the plan to keep as many deckers on the routes which have recently been upgraded to extra capacity (ie, 201, 240, 2, 3 etc)?

Now that it’s fully possible to have deckers on ‘the One’ services with a little route alteration - could the 1 be changed to deckers permanently? It seems to get the passengers to merit more capacity especially during peak times it’s crazy!

There are so many single deck buses in Glasgow it’s hard to have every route running with deckers.

route101

Established Member
Is the plan to keep as many deckers on the routes which have recently been upgraded to extra capacity (ie, 201, 240, 2, 3 etc)?

Now that it’s fully possible to have deckers on ‘the One’ services with a little route alteration - could the 1 be changed to deckers permanently? It seems to get the passengers to merit more capacity especially during peak times it’s crazy!

There are so many single deck buses in Glasgow it’s hard to have every route running with deckers.

Noticed more singles on the 3 last week. Would be a major re jig if deckers were shifted and re branded.

Is the 201 and 240 diverted to avoid a bridge?

PaulMc7

Established Member
The 1s, 2 and 3 could definitely all do with more deckers when things are back to normal. Don't think they'd all be fully decker but some would do just nicely especially with the 1s. Could even make the 1D Mountblow to Clydebank only with singles and use deckers on the 1/1A at least going forward

lastbus

Noticed more singles on the 3 last week. Would be a major re jig if deckers were shifted and re branded.

Is the 201 and 240 diverted to avoid a bridge?
Branded buses will return to their normal routes in time. 201 and 240 operating normal route.

route101

Established Member
Branded buses will return to their normal routes in time. 201 and 240 operating normal route.

I see ,i thought they were diverted to allow deckers.

Anyone out today, how is the mask wearing complaniance?

PaulMc7

Established Member
I see ,i thought they were diverted to allow deckers.

Anyone out today, how is the mask wearing complaniance?

Not been out but First's Twitter is pretty much all people moaning about others not wearing them and drivers not enforcing it purely because people don't actually realise just how many people are exempt

route101

Established Member
Not been out but First's Twitter is pretty much all people moaning about others not wearing them and drivers not enforcing it purely because people don't actually realise just how many people are exempt

I will be out later this week, yeah i suppose , though you could say your exempt . Cant see any BTP enforcement on buses, maybe at Central or Queen St

lastbus

It’s not the drivers job to enforce it.

route101

Established Member
So just regular police to enforce face coverings , imagine a roadblock on the Clydeside expressway ha. Suppose we are waiting for the timetable changes to be realeased.

PaulMc7

Established Member
Think most people could be pretty happy with those new timetables in fairness. Definitely a solid increase

route101

Established Member
Think most people could be pretty happy with those new timetables in fairness. Definitely a solid increase
[/QUOTE

Not here, nothing for 31 . I'm convinced now it ain't coming back up to East Kilbride (EK) . Id thought they would reinstate the EK section at least hourly. I'm going to contact them about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Not here, nothing for 31 . I'm convinced now it ain't coming back up to ek . Id thought they would reinstate the ek section at least hourly. I'm going to contact them about that.

Not sure how you can be convinced just because it's not came back just now. There's many other routes across Scotland that are yet to return as they're not seen as vital and it's better to spend resources elsewhere, part of the issue with the 31 is that most of it is covered by other more significant routes, it's better to spend money on increasing those than it is reinstating another non-essential route.

route101

Established Member
Not sure how you can be convinced just because it's not came back just now. There's many other routes across Scotland that are yet to return as they're not seen as vital and it's better to spend resources elsewhere, part of the issue with the 31 is that most of it is covered by other more significant routes, it's better to spend money on increasing those than it is reinstating another non-essential route.

I feel for those who rely on it . Only bus link for my bit of EK and only link from Castlemilk and EK. I need to see what other services are still off . Passengers will be put off , the 31 had 2 weeks of diversion . People will not come back . I noticed on the app map , the bus stops dont show from Carmunnock to EK along the route, i can imagine the M1 local in EK will cover a loop to Stewartfield if the 31 gets the chop.

Bit of a moan . But got to support your local bus.

Brimfulofasha

Timetables for next week are now in the forthcoming section of the First website.

Thanks for that. Happy that the 87 is going to every 20 minutes during the day; it has been getting steadily busier. Also that the 57 is returning to Auchinairn (Woodhill)/Westerhill, although if the rumours are true that Aviva is pulling out of Bishopbriggs, demand to Westerhill Terminus will be greatly reduced. I wonder if that will precipitate a permanent change at some point.

Mask adherence on my buses was about 50% on Day 1, and increased yesterday (100% going into work!) and about 85% this morning. Can't say I enjoy it. And I wonder if an unenforceable blanket rule was right, e.g. 2 passengers on my 87 after back shift, me upstairs with mask, him downstairs without, and the driver in her cab. That's pretty socially distant, yet I still have to wear one.

PaulMc7

Established Member
Only thing I can really think of that they could change with the 57 is to make 2 of the 4 an hour on the normal timetable terminate with the 87 and extend the other 2 from Westerhill to Strathkelvin Retail Park since it's barely 5 mins away. Would give Petershill/Wallacewell Road a link to nearby shops without having to get a bus to Springburn to get an 88/89