• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Group Assesment

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie1000

Iv got an assesment day coming up and im just curious on one of the practice books they've sent me

For the Driver Fault finding test, do we need to learn the fault finder guide by heart or will we get a copy of that on the day..... Does not say that we need to learn it off heart but just wanna make sure as theres alot on there to remember

Any help would be appreciated?

This assesment day has got my nerves in a mess :eek:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mkwhite

You get all the material you need on the day!
Where is the job you are applying for?

newbie1000

I applied for Kings cross so im assuming there...... Iv been using Group-Bourdon Tool last few days and my hand is suffereing serious repetitive strain injury right now lol

This assessment has got me all stressed

newbie1000

Thanks mate, i applied for kings cross, from your earlier posts it seems your still waiitng on a position at bedford

Any advice for the day? been using the Group-Bourdon Tool and my hand is suffering from repetitive strain lol no matter how fast i go i always run out of time, get to just under half of the page, dont even know if that is good enough

letmedrive

Stressful times indeed Newbie. Keep practicing but try not to be over stressed it will only hinder your performance.

On the Bourdon test its not possible to get to the end half way is fine, you need a balance between speed and accuracy as you are marked down for errors.

If it helps the way I see the tests is that a big part of it is seeing how you react under pressure, will you panic? Hence more rows of dots than you could possibly complete.

Keep practicing and researching........Good luck.

newbie1000

thanks mate, been at work today and its all im thinking about.... waited nearly 7 months so don't wanna mess it up, my first ever assessment also

Status
Not open for further replies.