• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

busKernow

Hi,
Thanks for that info. Means 32819 has'ent gone to Somerset just yet as an earlier post suggested
Just for the record has 32819 ever worked out of Bridgwater beforehand?
Thanks for any info on the above,
Mike R
Wonder what Somerset want with 32819 for closed door school work ? not much good for any thing else as its not DDA thats why its been on a Hire Contract with Fal River.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richw

Veteran Member
You'd think so but apparently not according to the comments against this photo (not mine)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rw3-4...YU-roah8Z-cwDz67-ac8uJs-9NxcMX-9p7Yns-YwvTXS/

Wigleys don’t normally come down to cornwall I’m led to believe. I read an online article recently that the furthest they go is mid Devon due to driver hours.
Dan was in attendance with the wrecker driver and Chepstow have a lock up area at Winkleigh next to Dans. Which may support the comments on that post?

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Wigleys don’t normally come down to cornwall I’m led to believe. I read an online article recently that the furthest they go is mid Devon due to driver hours.
Dan was in attendance with the wrecker driver and Chepstow have a lock up area at Winkleigh next to Dans. Which may support the comments on that post?
Fair enough and thanks for that info!

32903484_2070302073289436_7662334287286370304_n.jpg

There is something rather odd in this line-up of Presidents at Summercourt depot, did you spot it? :P

(Photo credit goes to a mate of mine called Alex)

gka472l

There is something rather odd in this line-up of Presidents at Summercourt depot, did you spot it? :P

Was it taken from inside another President?? the reflection in the glass can be seen.....

KendalKing

Established Member

1) All three are in different livery.
2) Only two have tree defenders, the third doesn't.
3) One has a spilt upper deck windscreen, the other two don't.

@TheGrandWazoo Well done for spotting Mr. Bishop! XD

@gka472l Yes it was taken from inside another president

@mic The project will soon be revealed.. ;)

@KendalKing got the rest of the differences!

All our presidents seem to never be the same in terms of shape, size, and modifications (except for a select few in some batches, an example would be 33111 & 33112, both being ex Go Ahead London)

Goldfish62

Established Member
@TheGrandWazoo Well done for spotting Mr. Bishop! XD

@gka472l Yes it was taken from inside another president

@KendalKing got the rest of the differences!

All our presidents seem to never be the same in terms of shape, size, and modifications (except for a select few in some batches, an example would be 33111 & 33112, both being ex Go Ahead London)
If it really is Bishop's ghost it needs exorcising immediately!

Speaking of Mr. Bishop, if I ever do get enough money and a place to store it, I might buy an ex WG vehicle for preservation (specifically being WK05 CFD, fleet no. 570)

JonnyB1984

Heard from a reliable source today that the Caetano Darts may not be coming to Glasgow for at least another month. Is Kernow having issues with the new E200s that could be delaying the departure of them? or they short on buses at the moment?

I thought they were ready to leave as the e200s were now in service.

83G/84D

Established Member
Heard from a reliable source today that the Caetano Darts may not be coming to Glasgow for at least another month. Is Kernow having issues with the new E200s that could be delaying the departure of them? or they short on buses at the moment?

I thought they were ready to leave as the e200s were now in service.

I cannot understand why the Darts departure would be delayed. Most if not all of the E200MMC’s are in service and I am not aware of any issues with them or any other type of bus.

There doesn’t seem to be any cancellation of services indeed when I was in Truro earlier today everything was running well.

JonnyB1984

I cannot understand why the Darts departure would be delayed. Most if not all of the E200MMC’s are in service and I am not aware of any issues with them or any other type of bus.

There doesn’t seem to be any cancellation of services indeed when I was in Truro earlier today everything was running well.

Yeah I was having a quick look online and Flickr etc and I couldn't see any pictures of the Caetano's recently in service tbh but I didn't see a lot of e200mmcs in pictures either so that's the reason I asked on here just in case there were bus issues down there.

Was looking forward to getting these sooner rather than later as the Marshall Darts are horrible buses to drive and sit in as a passenger tbh and once these Caetanos arrive the marshalls are gone.

83G/84D

Established Member
Yeah I was having a quick look online and Flickr etc and I couldn't see any pictures of the Caetano's recently in service tbh but I didn't see a lot of e200mmcs in pictures either so that's the reason I asked on here just in case there were bus issues down there.

Was looking forward to getting these sooner rather than later as the Marshall Darts are horrible buses to drive and sit in as a passenger tbh and once these Caetanos arrive the marshalls are gone.

Based on my observations last week there were plenty of E200MMC’s in use mainly in St Austell and Newquay.

There are also a small number at Camborne. Very few of the Glasgow bound Darts remained in service last week.

Accelerator59

Based on my observations last week there were plenty of E200MMC’s in use mainly in St Austell and Newquay.

There are also a small number at Camborne. Very few of the Glasgow bound Darts remained in service last week.

So far I’ve seen, 44968/9/70 on the 46/47 services today and recently

richw

Veteran Member

Havent seen any Caetano Darts in service for a couple of weeks. There is a lot of irony in your last sentence. The Caetanos are awful for passenger comfort, far worse for passengers that have longer legs than a 5 year old. The Marshall Dart we have in Kernow is like a Rolls Royce for passenger comfort compared to the Caetanos.

MrKnow

Havent seen any Caetano Darts in service for a couple of weeks. There is a lot of irony in your last sentence. The Caetanos are awful for passenger comfort, far worse for passengers that have longer legs than a 5 year old. The Marshall Dart we have in Kernow is like a Rolls Royce for passenger comfort compared to the Caetanos.

I'd rather see that Marshall heap go first tho! The inbuilt rattle in that bus is simply intolerable!

Half the Jersey Darts are now out of service pending transfer. I did hear the new E200MMC's are too wide for narrowest sections of the 50/51 that work out to St Mawes & Veryan, the driver having to fold in both mirrors apparently hence why a few of them have wondered downed to the western region of Cornwall. These routes also interwork with the 22 from Truro - St Austell so its hard to take the same bus off that one specific working, one thing drivers will miss about those Jersey Darts is their narrow width ideal for Cornwall's many rural roads! ;)

richw

Veteran Member
I'd rather see that Marshall heap go first tho! The inbuilt rattle in that bus is simply intolerable!

Half the Jersey Darts are now out of service pending transfer. I did hear the new E200MMC's are too wide for narrowest sections of the 50/51 that work out to St Mawes & Veryan, the driver having to fold in both mirrors apparently hence why a few of them have wondered downed to the western region of Cornwall. These routes also interwork with the 22 from Truro - St Austell so its hard to take the same bus off that one specific working, one thing drivers will miss about those Jersey Darts is their narrow width ideal for Cornwall's many rural roads! ;)

Interesting to hear. They’re only 4cm wider and 10cm longer than the Caetanos. Theyre 6cm narrower than a Standard Solo!
They’re also (legally) too tall for the low bridge between Carlyon bay and par market on the 25. They’re 5 inches taller than the bridge markings, but as an arched bridge and the highest point being the aircon box on top, careful positioning and they go under.

jay38a

Interesting to hear. They’re only 4cm wider and 10cm longer than the Caetanos. Theyre 6cm narrower than a Standard Solo!
They’re also (legally) too tall for the low bridge between Carlyon bay and par market on the 25. They’re 5 inches taller than the bridge markings, but as an arched bridge and the highest point being the aircon box on top, careful positioning and they go under.

As the bridge btween Carlyon Bay and Par has a triangle road sign on it, it’s only an advisory sign so the buses can go under if they fit, there are many examples of this including in Oxford where the bridge at the station is marked 13ft 6inch but 13ft 9inch Buses drive under with no issues. If it was a round sign then would be a different kettle of fish and wouldn’t be allowed at all as those are mandatory.

JonnyB1984

As a driver they are horrible little buses that as advised above rattle disgustingly. As for leg room yeah they aren't the best but unfortunately, a lot of buses don't have great legroom tbh, in terms of cushion on the seat they are very much lacking and sitting down for more than 10-15mins while going over near enough every pothole on the road isn't great either. As with most of these Marshall Darts, they are all ex-london stock (well ours are), and they have had a tough life already before entering service with us and I am surprised they have lasted as long but defo bring the Caetanos asap lol, They will be looking like new once they are with us :)

83G/84D

Established Member
Observations from earlier today:-

Trident 32756 seen at Treliske Hospital on a Truro bound T2 service followed closely by Trident 33148 on a T1. E200MMC 44959 on the 1340 ‘85’ from Truro to Newquay. First time I have seen one on this route.

As expected Vario W146 RCU has gone “pink” and is in Camborne.
Dart 43854 on service 47 today and 43861 parked off fleet.

busKernow

They must go under there as one of my contacts Retrobus on Flickr has pics of them on that route , 44966 hasn't had a lucky start a VW Golf took 2 pannels out the offside & scraped up at laest two others , car was at Fault , the Helston Depot had a Caetano Dart this morning but was due off fleet and the end of the day .

busKernow

6 MMC 200 are ment to be staying in West Cornwall now & have been in use on the 38 /39 /39A /46 & 47

busKernow

As a driver they are horrible little buses that as advised above rattle disgustingly. As for leg room yeah they aren't the best but unfortunately, a lot of buses don't have great legroom tbh, in terms of cushion on the seat they are very much lacking and sitting down for more than 10-15mins while going over near enough every pothole on the road isn't great either. As with most of these Marshall Darts, they are all ex-london stock (well ours are), and they have had a tough life already before entering service with us and I am surprised they have lasted as long but defo bring the Caetanos asap lol, They will be looking like new once they are with us :)

Nothing can possibly rattle more than a Caetano Dart surely ,if so i cant believe it :lol::lol:

83G/84D

Established Member
They must go under there as one of my contacts Retrobus on Flickr has pics of them on that route , 44966 hasn't had a lucky start a VW Golf took 2 pannels out the offside & scraped up at laest two others , car was at Fault , the Helston Depot had a Caetano Dart this morning but was due off fleet and the end of the day .

Was that the bus involved in an incident with a car near Carnhell Green yesterday?