• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

42876 is in that same corner in Camborne every time, only been on it once in service too! I'm gonna guess it's the age and other things like dirt that wears it down all the time.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richw

Veteran Member
I don't know if anybody already knows or noticed, but 33144, 33158, and 33182 have all gone to the West of England fleet via Hampshire & Dorset.

None of which were Kernow buses.... other than on the fictional fleet list on uk buses!

richw

Veteran Member
First Kernow planning a new service in Camborne? Solo 53826 was going round and round Camborne today with Shopper Bus on the display.

That’s a fitter on a road test... guess engineering were fixing it and selected wrong destination.

Goldfish62

Established Member
First Kernow planning a new service in Camborne? Solo 53826 was going round and round Camborne today with Shopper Bus on the display.
That's probably about as far as one of the Mousehole Solos can get before it breaks down again.

83G/84D

Established Member
Open top Olympian 34137 receiving attention in Camborne today. 34258 still present as well, not sure if this is still planned as a tree lopper.

Last edited:
If the plans have indeed been scrapped, it could become a coaster like 34137 did. It could even be a multi-purpose vehicle (staff bus, private hire, rail rep, school/college runs etc), or maybe a parts donor!

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
If the plans have indeed been scrapped, it could become a coaster like 34137 did. It could even be a multi-purpose vehicle (staff bus, private hire, rail rep, school/college runs etc), or maybe a parts donor!

TBH, I don't know why FK need two non-DDA open toppers. Really, just keep 34137 as a tree lopper that can do the occasional turn or act as a promo vehicle.

GBM

Word has it there is a test electric (or hybrid?) decker at Truro looking to go on service test around the area. Any information on this please?

Goldfish62

Established Member
Word has it there is a test electric (or hybrid?) decker at Truro looking to go on service test around the area. Any information on this please?
There's an electric decker at Truro depot. It's the Optare to TfL spec. From what I hear it's not going to be used in service.

Goldfish62

Established Member
I don't see why they'd want it in Coaster livery. A high floor bus that can only be used in service 20 days a year. Better just to get rid of it, surely.

GBM

There's an electric decker at Truro depot. It's the Optare to TfL spec. From what I hear it's not going to be used in service.
Ah thanks. If it's not going to be used in service, why have it here. Maybe as a proving ground perhaps, to see if the distance travelled on a charge is viable? Also heard there's no charging facilities for it at the moment.

Goldfish62

Established Member
Ah thanks. If it's not going to be used in service, why have it here. Maybe as a proving ground perhaps, to see if the distance travelled on a charge is viable? Also heard there's no charging facilities for it at the moment.
Demonstration to Tremough College was mentioned

richw

Veteran Member

Demonstration to Tremough College was mentioned

There’s a green environment sustainable event at Tremough all week. Optare are demonstrating it themselves and using the First depot as base.
Apparently will be on some short demo runs today and tomorrow from Tremough.

83G/84D

Established Member
Tridents 33125 & 32760 on U4 services in Helston today and E200MMC 44967 on service 69A in Falmouth.

83G/84D

Established Member
Trident 32762 in its new guise appeared on service L2 today. After getting a tip off and following a bit of a chase around I finally caught up with it this afternoon.

Meanwhile Eden artic 11085 has made a rare visit to Camborne depot for attention. Good luck to whoever has to reverse it out of the engineering bay it’s currently parked in!

Attachments

• IMG_4304.JPG
    IMG_4304.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4311.JPG
    IMG_4311.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:

MrKnow

Trident 32762 in its new guise appeared on service L2 today. After getting a tip off and following a bit of a chase around I finally caught up with it this afternoon.

Meanwhile Eden artic 11085 has made a rare visit to Camborne depot for attention. Good luck to whoever has to reverse it out of the engineering bay it’s currently parked in!

32762 isn't quite finished as far as all the external decals go and was only sent over to Helston today owing to a breakdown, it was collected again tonight so the finishing touches may be applied

83G/84D

Established Member
32762 isn't quite finished as far as all the external decals go and was only sent over to Helston today owing to a breakdown, it was collected again tonight so the finishing touches may be applied

Thanks it’s in Camborne this morning being done.

83G/84D

Established Member
There’s a green environment sustainable event at Tremough all week. Optare are demonstrating it themselves and using the First depot as base.
Apparently will be on some short demo runs today and tomorrow from Tremough.

According to the First Kernow Twitter feed it is on demonstration at Tremough today as stated.

83G/84D

Established Member
One of the open top Volvo B7 Presidents was spotted in the Volvo Truck & Bus mechanics in Roche, any idea which one it is and what's happening with it?

Anybody know what route(s) 32097 will be doing tomorrow?

At the Volvo truck & bus facility at Victoria / Roche yesterday was a Trident and Dart both in the latest version of First Kernow green colours. The latter was not 42560 as that was on service 46.

No identification possible on them as I could not stop safely.

E200MMC 44957 was at the Par moor vehicle testing centre.

83G/84D

Established Member
At the Volvo truck & bus facility at Victoria / Roche yesterday was a Trident and Dart both in the latest version of First Kernow green colours. The latter was not 42560 as that was on service 46.

No identification possible on them as I could not stop safely.

E200MMC 44957 was at the Par moor vehicle testing centre.

Trident identified as 33761.