• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

Accelerator59

I was in Truro earlier and pretty sure I saw the back end of a Plymouth Citybus Wright Eclipse/Solar heading towards the bus station.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

83G/84D

Established Member
That would be PCB service 89 Bodmin - Roche - Bugle - Ladock - Truro - RCH - Truro college.

One trip each way Monday to Friday. Doesn’t serve the bus station. Usually a Volvo B7RLE ( Blue Flash one on Wednesday) however I have seen a Dart on it.

fgwrich

Established Member
Indeed - it’s two additional closed tops so will barely be noticed.

A 2009 vintage open topper - imagine that will have a long life in Cornwall. Naturally, there’s been a few accident victims that have ended up getting longer lives as a result. Think 34137 and 34626 were (did one hit the bridge in Falmouth?) and 32027 hit a tree in Bristol.

Of note, 37058's accident was recently covered on TV too, featuring in an episode of Channel 5s Police Interceptors.

Accelerator59

That would be PCB service 89 Bodmin - Roche - Bugle - Ladock - Truro - RCH - Truro college.

One trip each way Monday to Friday. Doesn’t serve the bus station. Usually a Volvo B7RLE ( Blue Flash one on Wednesday) however I have seen a Dart on it.
I didn’t think they venture that far down here. (Sorry replied to my own comment by accident and don’t know how to delete it :lol:)

83G/84D

Established Member
I didn’t think they venture that far down here. (Sorry replied to my own comment by accident and don’t know how to delete it :lol:)

It started running last September and is really part of the Go Cornwall operation/brand.

Having seen it fairly often, loadings tend to be light so not sure how long it will continue running.

Perhaps better discussed further in the Plymouth Citybus thread if further discussion required?

Accelerator59

It started running last September and is really part of the Go Cornwall operation/brand.

Having seen it fairly often, loadings tend to be light so not sure how long it will continue running.

Perhaps better discussed further in the Plymouth Citybus thread if further discussion required?
Yeah, sorry if it was off topic. Just a thought I’d mention it.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
I thought it worth posting, for our future reference, this comment from Marc Huws of First Kernow on the FB page FKbs when referring to the incoming Volvo B7TL:

'planned replacements. The new singles in effect replace some doubles too. We’re reducing the overall number of Doubles in the fleet through having a number of suitable alternative new, cascaded and refurbished types available.'
To be fair, they also did the same trick when managing DDA compliance in Somerset with many more deckers than were required and then replacing with more appropriately sized fleet. You can see the logic.

I had wondered if 32027 might be under threat but with a recent repaint and 34258 being converted to a tree lopper, it would seem safe. One thing though - 32027 was an additional one last year as the 400 had been axed, so this means three additional open toppers!

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Marshall Dart on the 5 this evening, followed by a short Solo on the 1 to Penzance via Pendennis, or at least that was the entirety of the blind display!

83G/84D

Established Member
Anyone seen E200 44919 since it was repainted green over Christmas?

The E200’s were fairly regular visitors to Camborne but are quite scarce lately.

83G/84D

Established Member
Trident's 33125 & 33230 on Tinner services today. Atlantic Coaster 32097 on service A1 at Penzance this afternoon.

MB162435

Established Member
Atlantic Coaster 32097 was on the 16:25 238 service from Truro College to Long Rock today

83G/84D

Established Member
Open top Atlantic Coaster 32200 had possibly its first outing of this year today. It was seen departing Par moor testing station this afternoon.

DaveHarries

Established Member
Just out of interest are the evening bus services through Penzance well used? Or are the passenger numbers on the thin side?

Dave

Goldfish62

Established Member
I worded my reply badly - I do realise that they only exist because of council support, which I hope will continue.
Absolutely! I believe all the supported services are being retendered this year so fingers crossed that Cornwall continues to have such a relatively good supported bus network.

83G/84D

Established Member
Trident 33230 in use on Tinner services again today. 33147 as mentioned on the First Kernow behind the scenes Facebook site was seen heading into Camborne this morning.

farwest

E200 MMC on L2 this afternoon . I caught it 1240 from Helston to Perranwell station. Certainly a more sensible size for the available traffic.

83G/84D

Established Member
E200 44920 has been repainted green, Dart 42871 has lost it's rear advert wrap and now has Urban front and sides and a Barbie rear!

Last edited:

83G/84D

Established Member
Trident 33147 has received a promotional paint scheme for ‘gocornish.org’, encouraging a Cornish language revival.

Vamooz Trident 33176 on Tinner services.