• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

83G/84D

Established Member
A minor physical altercation between an A17 and a brand new Merc outside Boots in Market Jew St around 15.45 today brought traffic to a standstill, mainly because a Mousehole Solo behind had half got onto the stop and couldn't get by. The A17 was one of the new buses (I believe the fleet no ended in 53) and its driver was taking all sorts of photos on his mobile phone. Eventually the Solo got past and the very rare occurrence of two scheduled M6s on the same stretch of Market Jew Street westbound occurred a minute or two later. Probably uncoincidentally, one of the Solos was spotted on Ross Bridge at 16.25, passengerless, blinded for Mousehole but obviously instructed to return to PZ bus station to take up its next duty on time!

Solo 53253 had repairs to front end completed at Camborne today, Uni E400MMC 33473 & Trident 32761 on Tinner services this afternoon.

gka472l

Would I be correct in assuming that the Truro college routes have ended for the summer? I'll be heading to Cornwall tomorrow, mainly for the open top routes....also, does 32027 see regular use at the moment? Thanks in advance.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Would I be correct in assuming that the Truro college routes have ended for the summer? I'll be heading to Cornwall tomorrow, mainly for the open top routes....also, does 32027 see regular use at the moment? Thanks in advance.
Somebody else will know better than me, but I spent a bit of time at Treliske Hospital yesterday, then in the Costa pretty near to the college at lunchtime when there are generally loads of students around, but there was no sign of any, or on the T2 I caught to the station.

MB162435

Established Member
The College finished for the summer two weeks ago, so yeah the college services have finished now until September. Although the Go Cornwall 89 service to Truro still continues

Busaholic

Veteran Member
The College finished for the summer two weeks ago, so yeah the college services have finished now until September. Although the Go Cornwall 89 service to Truro still continues
Yes, was very pleased to catch it yesterday on its journey from Truro Station to the College, via Treliske entrance too. Wasn't expecting it, at first I thought FK had purloined a Citybus vehicle. An experienced, very friendly driver too who took no exception to taking bank notes from three of the passengers who boarded, and told us on arrival at the hospital about 11 a.m. that he'd be back at 1.11 p.m.

MB162435

Established Member
Yes, was very pleased to catch it yesterday on its journey from Truro Station to the College, via Treliske entrance too. Wasn't expecting it, at first I thought FK had purloined a Citybus vehicle. An experienced, very friendly driver too who took no exception to taking bank notes from three of the passengers who boarded, and told us on arrival at the hospital about 11 a.m. that he'd be back at 1.11 p.m.
Seen the service several times but have never had a ride on it yet, will make a change to have a ride on a Go Cornwall bus instead of one of Kernow's.
Last non Kernow bus I caught in Cornwall was a Western Greyhound bus, so will be nice to have something different to ride on

I presume I can use my Truro plusbus ticket on the 89 service?

Busaholic

Veteran Member
A 'first' for me today was seeing both buses working the 16 together at Penzance Sainsbury's, the first bound for Rosehill and the other doing the solitary journey to Carbis Bay Tesco. Get on a bus at Sainsbury to go to Tesco!

Later on, ironically on the least summery day for ages, a full open top bus on the A2 - how much better they look and, more importantly, how much more authentic than the part-covered jobs. IMO, if you have to have part cover do it at the back. There are no doubt laws of physics, etc, to be obeyed, but even so...

Goldfish62

Established Member
A 'first' for me today was seeing both buses working the 16 together at Penzance Sainsbury's, the first bound for Rosehill and the other doing the solitary journey to Carbis Bay Tesco. Get on a bus at Sainsbury to go to Tesco!

Later on, ironically on the least summery day for ages, a full open top bus on the A2 - how much better they look and, more importantly, how much more authentic than the part-covered jobs. IMO, if you have to have part cover do it at the back. There are no doubt laws of physics, etc, to be obeyed, but even so...
Personally I think the part open toppers are just right. Yesterday when I went on one the majority piled into the closed top front part, while I preferred a fresh breeze and sat roughly in the middle.

The reasons for the closed top part being at the front are pretty clear. Tree protection is the top one. If it was at the back it would be open to the elements, thus defeating the object of having a closed top section. I do have grave concerns about the use of a full open top on these routes, given the amount of low trees. Many operators would never allow it.

I think the current arrangement is a very good compromise.

MB162435

Established Member
Tridents 33067 and 33148 along with Uni MMC 33474 on T1/T2 services

Tinner 33464 on A17 services

Atlantic Coaster 33174 currently on the 21 service, working the 11:13 21 service from St Austell to Newquay

Bradley

On Moderation
It’s ok because I saw some of them on the tracker in First Essex the other day.

MB162435

Established Member
Uni MMC 33475 and Vamooz Trident 33141 on T1/T2 duties today

33475 is just about to finish it's day after working the 19:05 T1 service from Truro to Camborne

Whereas 33141 soliders on after currently working the 18:35 T1 service from Truro to Penzance

MB162435

Established Member
Tinner 33458 making an unusual appearance on the 21 route today, after working the 18:33 21 service from St Austell to Newquay

Trident 33173 helping out on the 27 route today, currently working the 18:38 27 service from Bodmin Morrisons to St Austell

MB162435

Established Member
Uni E400MMC 33479 on Tinner services earlier today and a Lizard Solo on service 46.
Also a Lizard Solo on the 47 route today, seen it passing Truro Railway station earlier at around 10:25 on the 08:30 service from Troon to Truro

83G/84D

Established Member
Also a Lizard Solo on the 47 route today, seen it passing Truro Railway station earlier at around 10:25 on the 08:30 service from Troon to Truro

I think the routes are inter worked so possibly the same Solo that we both saw.

MB162435

Established Member
Atlantic Coaster Solo 53255 on the 17:40 47 service from Truro to Troon Square and the 19:40 Troon to Camborne service

83G/84D

Established Member
A number of changes to Truro college services commencing at the start of the new term in September:-

Truro College Changes - Sept 2019

26 Jul 2019All Areas

Truro College services from 5th September 2019 will be as follows:

The following services have no changes from last year:

Service 211

(Launceston - Truro College)

Service 213

(Polzeath - Truro College)

Service 219

(Padstow – Truro College)

Service 224

(St Newlyn East – Truro College)

Service 225

(Newquay – Goonhavern - Truro College)

Service 239

(Castle Gate – St Ives – Truro College)

Service 241

(Polgigga – Truro College)

Service 251

(The Lizard – Penwith College)

The following services have changes:

Service 212

(Boscastle - Truro College)

Service 214/214A

(Fowey/Par - Truro College)

Service 215

(St Austell - Truro College)

Service 216

(Mevagissey – Truro College)

Service 217/217A

(St Austell – Grampound Road(217A) – Truro College)

Service 222

(Stenalees – St Dennis – Truro College)

Service 223

(Bodmin – Truro College)

Service 226

(Newquay – Trispen – Truro College)

Service 227

(St Mawes – Truro College)

Service 228

(Callington – Truro College)

Service 230

(The Lizard – Truro College)

Service 231

(Falmouth – Truro College)

Service 232

(Mabe Burnthouse – Truro College)

Service 233

(Flushing – Truro College)

Service 234

(Porthleven – Truro College)

Service 235

(Coverack – Truro College)

Service 243

(Tehidy East Lodge – Portreath – Truro College)

Service 250

(Camborne - Hayle - Leedstown - Goldsithney - Truro College)

The following existing services have been cancelled:

Service 218

(Camelford – Truro College)

Service 222A

(St Stephen – Truro College)

Services 236 and 237

(Camborne – Penwith College)

Service 240

(St Just – Truro College)

Amendments to existing Services from September 2019

Service 212 (Boscastle – Truro College) - routing is amended between Carland Cross and Chiverton Cross to operate direct via the A30 road – the diversion via Zelah is withdrawn.

Please note that buses reverse in Delabole at the B3314 High Street/B3314 Rockhead Street/Medrose Street junction.

The current intermediate running times are revised.

Service 214A (Par - Truro College)

This service will no longer serve Probus and will NOT operate via Truro City Centre. Also see Revised routes to/from East Cornwall in Truro

Service 222 (Stenalees – Truro College)

The route between Carland Cross and Chiverton Cross is amended to serve ZELAH.

The service serves all bus stops between Stenalees Treverbyn Road and Truro Railway Station and then non- stop Truro College Bus Park.

The current intermediate running times have been revised.

Service 230 (The Lizard – Truro College via Helston)

The routing is amended between Longdowns and Treliever Roundabout to operate direct via the A394 – Mabe Burnthouse is no longer served by this route.

The service serves all bus stops between The Lizard Green and Saveock Kerley Downs (Dangerous Cross Roads) and then only stops at Truro College Bus Park.

Services 231 (Falmouth – Truro College) and 232 (Mabe Burnthouse – Truro College)

There is no change to the existing registered routing for service 231 (Falmouth – Truro College) which is to be operated with two buses;

Service 232 will operate from Mabe Burnthouse via Treliever Road, Antron Hill, Kernick roundabout, Kernick Road, Helston Road, Station Road to Penryn (Station Road/Treliever Road junction) and then via the existing service 231 routing to Truro College Bus Park.

The services serve all bus stops between Falmouth The Moor/Mabe Burnthouse and Playing Place Bus Shelter and then only stop at Truro College Bus Park.

Service 233 (Flushing – Truro College)

There is no change to the existing route but the service serves all bus stops between Flushing Royal Standard and Carclew Upper Lodge, between Come-to-Good Punchbowl and Playing Place Post Office via Feock Harcourt and then only stops at Truro College Bus Park.

Service 234 (Porthleven – Truro College via Helston)

There is no change to the existing route.

The service serves all bus stops between Porthleven Square and Playing Place Bus Shelter and then only stops at Truro College Bus Park.

Service 235 (Coverack – Truro College via Helston)

The routing to be amended between Longdowns and Treliever Roundabout to operate direct via the A394 – Mabe Burnthouse is no longer served by this route.

The service serves all bus stops between Coverack Car Park and Playing Place Bus Shelter and then only stops at Truro College Bus Park.

Service 243 (Tehidy East Lodge - Portreath - Truro College)

This service will now start and finish at Tehidy East Lodge with a revised timetable.

Service 250 (Camborne – Hayle - Leedstown - Goldsithney - Penwith College)

This new Service will replace 236 and 237

The new Service will operate as the old 236 from Camborne to Hayle Foundry, turning left onto the B3302 to Leedstown via Fraddam and then follow the old 237 route via Goldsithney to Penwith College.

Passengers between St Erth Station and Crowlas will be allowed to use the A17 and T1 Services pre 0900.

Revised routes to/from East Cornwall in Truro

The following services are amended between Trafalgar Roundabout and Truro College Bus Park to operate via Morlaix Avenue

Services will serve all bus stops between the originating location and A390 Tregolls Road (Old Police Station/National Tyres) and then only stops at Truro College Bus Park.

Service 214A (Par– Truro College)

Service 216 (Mevagissey – Truro College)

Service 219 (Padstow – Truro College)

Service 223 (Bodmin – Truro College)

Service 226 (Newquay – Truro College)

Service 227 (St Mawes – Truro College)

Service 228 (Callington – Truro College)

Introduction of limited stop section of route between Truro City Centre and Truro College Bus Park

The following services will serve Truro Railway Station observing ALL stops between the originating location and then be NON-STOP from Truro Railway Station to Truro College Bus Park

Service 214 (Fowey – Truro College)

Service 215 (St Austell – Truro College)

Service 217/A (St Austell – Truro College)

Service 222 (Stenalees – Truro College)

Note: For Services operating non-stop sections of routes, this applies in both directions

PDF Version of the timetables below:

clip_image001.png
Truro College Service 211 Sept 19.pdf
clip_image001.png
Truro College Service 212 Sept 19.pdf
clip_image001.png
Truro College Service 213 Sept 19.pdf
clip_image001.png
Truro College Service 214 215 216 217 Sept 19.pdf
clip_image001.png
Truro College Service 219 Sept 19.pdf
clip_image001.png
Truro College Service 222 Sept 19.pdf
clip_image001.png
Truro College Service 223 Sept 19.pdf
clip_image001.png
Truro College Service 224 225 226 Sept 19.pdf
clip_image001.png
Truro College Service 227 Sept 19.pdf
clip_image001.png
Truro College Service 228 Sept 19.pdf
clip_image001.png
Truro College Service 230 Sept 19.pdf
clip_image001.png
Truro College Service 231 232 Sept 19.pdf
clip_image001.png
Truro College Service 233 Sept 19.pdf
clip_image001.png
Truro College Service 234 235 Sept 19.pdf
clip_image001.png
Truro College Service 238 239 241 Sept 19.pdf
clip_image001.png
Truro College Service 243 Sept 19.pdf
clip_image001.png
Truro College Service 250 Sept 19.pdf
clip_image001.png
Truro College Service 251 Sept 19.pdf

Information from the First Kernow website:-
https://www.firstgroup.com/cornwall...anned-changes/truro-college-changes-sept-2019