• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Goldfish62

Established Member
I have 32549, 32620, 32621, 32623, 32636, 32637, 32638, 32683, 32686, 32687, 32688, 37001, 37008, 37011, 37012, 37013, 37014, 37018. There may be others.
So at 18 that's the number that were originally due before the increase to 43.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
So at 18 that's the number that were originally due before the increase to 43.

That'll only be coincidence (and I thought 37002 had also been reported anyway). All of the Bristol gas buses have now arrived so the cascades would've happened anyway. Of course, with the PVR being slashed, there are plenty of spare buses and drivers so the movements can take place. 37019 is already withdrawn.

83G/84D

Established Member
That'll only be coincidence (and I thought 37002 had also been reported anyway). All of the Bristol gas buses have now arrived so the cascades would've happened anyway. Of course, with the PVR being slashed, there are plenty of spare buses and drivers so the movements can take place. 37019 is already withdrawn.

37002 was a mis-identification on my part. No idea about 37019 but from the same batch 37007 has moved to Essex.

Goldfish62

Established Member
Shame that bustimes.org appears to have the virus today. I was looking forward to seeing what's out there on the first day of TfC and emergency schedules.

83G/84D

Established Member
Shame that bustimes.org appears to have the virus today. I was looking forward to seeing what's out there on the first day of TfC and emergency schedules.

I am at work in west cornwall (essential worker) and have seen a Atlantic Coaster Solo on the A17. Not all the "Tinners" have escaped to Somerset, some on the T1 today.

Goldfish62

Established Member
I am at work in west cornwall (essential worker) and have seen a Atlantic Coaster Solo on the A17. Not all the "Tinners" have escaped to Somerset, some on the T1 today.
Thanks. Any more reports gratefully received!

83G/84D

Established Member
Thanks. Any more reports gratefully received!

I was hoping to see TfC as well however the emergency timetable put paid to that. Anything interesting will be advised though.

I see the weather forecast for Easter initially appears mixed, largely cloudy with showers and windy. That might keep some indoors that were otherwise thinking of flocking to the seaside. I suppose Boris might impose further restrictions from his sick bed before then.

Last edited:

83G/84D

Established Member
A green and black unbranded Volvo B7TL just seen heading into Hayle, "sorry not in service" on electronic destination screen.

Goldfish62

Established Member
I was hoping to see TfC as well however the emergency timetable put paid to that. Anything interesting will be advised though.

I see the weather forecast for Easter initially appears mixed, largely cloudy with showers and windy. That might keep some indoors that were otherwise thinking of flocking to the seaside. I suppose Boris might impose further restrictions from his sick bed before then.
You'll see TfC on the 16 from tomorrow.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Day off tomorrow, I will make some local observations on my permitted walk!
A two or three minute walk from my house lies the top of Abbey Slip in Penzance, from which I can see Pz bus station and the tops of any double deckers parked up, also any bus arriving, but not single deckers parked because of the shelters. I may get a closer look tomorrow because I urgently need to get to the Post Office located inside W H Smith, and may use my car in order to combine it with a visit to Sainsbury's, in which case a slight deviation (without stopping or photography) via the road by the bus station might be possible.

Whiteway215

Established Member
A two or three minute walk from my house lies the top of Abbey Slip in Penzance, from which I can see Pz bus station and the tops of any double deckers parked up, also any bus arriving, but not single deckers parked because of the shelters. I may get a closer look tomorrow because I urgently need to get to the Post Office located inside W H Smith, and may use my car in order to combine it with a visit to Sainsbury's, in which case a slight deviation (without stopping or photography) via the road by the bus station might be possible.
I imagine Long Rock Depot will be/will soon be chock full of stored open toppers and withdrawn Trident Presidents.

spw24

32689 and 37019 both in Lawrence Hill ready to transfer 32624 also there but still had ticket machine yesterday.

Lizard1324

I imagine Long Rock Depot will be/will soon be chock full of stored open toppers and withdrawn Trident Presidents.
I would think it will be the outstanding they will use to store the unused bus
For instance yesterday when driving past the heslton outstanding, there was probaly nearly 30-40 buses parked there and even knowing it was a few second look I could see a wash of colour from old barbie tridents, to lizard east lance, green truronian coaches to a yellow eden bendy Mercedes just to name a few

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Remember that FK have long used other locations for storage of vehicles and they will need to have some space at Penzance as it's still operational. You'd think there would be some space at Bodmin and Helston and IIRC, they used some parking area near Carland Cross when they had lots of non-DDA stuff spare.

Goldfish62

Established Member
I would think it will be the outstanding they will use to store the unused bus
For instance yesterday when driving past the heslton outstanding, there was probaly nearly 30-40 buses parked there and even knowing it was a few second look I could see a wash of colour from old barbie tridents, to lizard east lance, green truronian coaches to a yellow eden bendy Mercedes just to name a few
Given the PVR of 30 for the foreseeable future a large proportion of their 69 Euro VI buses also won't be required even taking into account those Tinners that have gone to SPS.

richw

Veteran Member

Most withdrawn Tridents I am led to believe will be going to a bus retirement home in the Devon area. No prizes for guessing where!

Remember that FK have long used other locations for storage of vehicles and they will need to have some space at Penzance as it's still operational. You'd think there would be some space at Bodmin and Helston and IIRC, they used some parking area near Carland Cross when they had lots of non-DDA stuff spare.

Helston has become home to Eden bendies in the last few days. The natex bendy was towed to Helston.
Eden outstation is being emptied of everything unsure what the future holds for it. The only routes remaining they operated are some of the 24 duties mixed with summercourt, and college runs. And of course the Eden car park and ride, which is shut down at present

richw

Veteran Member
Buses parking up:

Bendis to Helston
Coaches to Truro (gradually)
Tourismos back to Dawsonrentals
BMCs to Penzance
18 Tridents to disposal
Old Solos excl 8 tiny ones to Ensign
E200s to Somerset

83G/84D

Established Member
I have 32549, 32620, 32621, 32623, 32636, 32637, 32638, 32683, 32686, 32687, 32688, 37001, 37008, 37011, 37012, 37013, 37014, 37018. There may be others.

Additions to this list 32677, 32548, 32622, 37002 & 32554.

Volvo B7TL 32638 on T1 services with destination on a piece of paper in front windscreen.

Goldfish62

Established Member
Buses parking up:

Bendis to Helston
BMCs to Penzance
18 Tridents to disposal
E200s to Somerset
Thanks for the update. I'm surprised the Tourismos have gone.

Are the six Darts staying?

richw

Veteran Member
Thanks for the update. I'm surprised the Tourismos have gone.

Marc revealed a sneak on his personal twitter what’s replacing them as team coaches. As they are returning to Dawson Rental one would assume the lease is up. They were originally leased for SpS

Whiteway215

Established Member
Buses parking up:

Bendis to Helston
BMCs to Penzance
18 Tridents to disposal
E200s to Somerset
Thanks for this news. I just wonder why Ensign would want old Solos. For spares recovery perhaps?

Whiteway215

Established Member
With all First companies cutting their timetables because of the emergency I wonder if West Yorkshire will be sending any of the expected Geminis down to Kernow?

Busaholic

Veteran Member
15.40 this afternoon, spied with my little eye at PZ bus station, a U4 and an A17 single deck Coaster parked up and a Tinner arriving on the T1. About an hour later, and a bit nearer the location a Tinner bound for Truro (same one?) an A17 to Pendeen, which was another s/d. No TfC buses evident!