• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

matt_splat

I have been in Worcester today and noticed there new street wrights parked up now does any one know what these are for because depending what they replace could this free up some solos / nimbus darts that could be handy for the new Cornish routes?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
I have been in Worcester today and noticed there new street wrights parked up now does any one know what these are for because depending what they replace could this free up some solos / nimbus darts that could be handy for the new Cornish routes?

Anthony263 or Winston will be the experts but from what the midlandred.net has said, they're displacing ex Jersey Darts and Solos to Hereford, with the oldest Darts and Solos being replaced

83G/84D

Established Member
Some Truro College students travelled home in style today as Enviro 400 33660 was turned out for the 236 this afternoon.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Step Dart 46235 noted at Camborne minus parts and first logo's etc all painted over. Won't be long before it's taken away for scrapping. :(

Goldfish62

Established Member
I am told that whole there are a few options for the new First Kernow livery, a final decision will be taken depending on how things pan out with Western Greyhound in the next weeks.

This may give a clue as to the preferred colour...

Busaholic

Veteran Member
I am told that whole there are a few options for the new First Kernow livery, a final decision will be taken depending on how things pan out with Western Greyhound in the next weeks.

Seen very briefly this lunchtime, it was raining and I was driving car in opposite direction, but one of the usual fayre on the 18 came along sporting a creamish (?) front/ front part of sides and what appeared to be something similar to the special GWR brown livery on the rear two thirds: please also bear in mind I am partially colourblind.

83G/84D

Established Member
Seen very briefly this lunchtime, it was raining and I was driving car in opposite direction, but one of the usual fayre on the 18 came along sporting a creamish (?) front/ front part of sides and what appeared to be something similar to the special GWR brown livery on the rear two thirds: please also bear in mind I am partially colourblind.

There is a Dart in a GWR special scheme.

Some Nimbus Darts at Great Yarmouth are also moving elsewhere with the arrival of Streetlites before the end of the year.

swifty

Established Member

Reading Transport 1010 (YN05 GXM) by jamesc182, on Flickr

Most likely this one which has recently arrived ex Reading Buses, and been put into service in this livery with Kernow fleet names.

All heresay. Those who will make the decision haven't come to any conclusion and don't have any preferred colour among them!

It'll be a nice New Year surprise...

83G/84D

Established Member
That was at Camborne over the weekend with First Kernow names applied and carrying fleet number 65763.

matt_splat

I tell you what something similar to the livery the ex reading busses bus has would look smart and rather Cornish

Busaholic

Veteran Member
I tell you what something similar to the livery the ex reading busses bus has would look smart and rather Cornish

Not sure what it would look like on some of the older buses, particularly the deckers, but I guess they'd never receive it anyway.

richw

Veteran Member
Despite the black and white being Cornish colours its bloody awful to photograph!
I haven't seen it myself as yet, but seen pictures on Flickr.
YN05GXO is also here in Silver and Red, bringing memories of Truronian's silver and red!

83G/84D

Established Member
Despite the black and white being Cornish colours its bloody awful to photograph!
I haven't seen it myself as yet, but seen pictures on Flickr.
YN05GXO is also here in Silver and Red, bringing memories of Truronian's silver and red!

For any of you who have not seen it yet, it departs Camborne today heading to Truro.

Attachments

• DSCF0126.jpg
    DSCF0126.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 82

Goldfish62

Established Member
For any of you who have not seen it yet, it departs Camborne today heading to Truro.

It looks superb. Replace the silver sash with a gold one and it'd be perfect!

I like the added touch of the flag below the windscreen.:D
All heresay. Those who will make the decision haven't come to any conclusion and don't have any preferred colour among them!

It'll be a nice New Year surprise...

Bit more than heresay - came from one of those who will make the final decision...

The other acquired one has gone for repaint. Wonder what livery it will come in.

Last edited:

swifty

Established Member
First have finally got round to publishing the news of the new services for Newquay.

First Kernow has announced enhancements to its network of local bus services in Cornwall from Sunday 2 November. These will be in the Newquay area where in recent times, it has provided just one route connecting the town with Truro and the wider First Kernow network.

Following an increase in the frequency of the Newquay to Truro service, introduced at the beginning of September, First is consolidating this further from November by extending one bus per hour to additionally serve the villages of Fraddon, Indian Queens, St Columb Road and White Cross.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/devon_cornwall/travel_news/news_initiatives/?item=22341&conf=0

Last edited:

83G/84D

Established Member
I found this old photograph of a Mercedes Benz minibus that was on trial at Camborne and I managed to gain access to the garage to photograph it. This was in the old garage before it was rebuilt.

Attachments

• img030.jpg
    img030.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 57

83G/84D

Established Member
Optare Solo M780SL MX59 AVP that was with G&J Holmes of Derbyshire resides in First Camborne depot this morning. I assume this is a purchase intended to replace the Vario's at Penzance unless anyone knows differently.

Attachments

• DSCF0133.jpg
    DSCF0133.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 51

fgwrich

Established Member
I wonder why they did or didn't look at a few of the ex WG Solos Ensign were dealing with, some of which appear to still be there while others have now been sold on.

winston270twm

Established Member
I wonder why they did or didn't look at a few of the ex WG Solos Ensign were dealing with, some of which appear to still be there while others have now been sold on.

In don't believe Ensign have any ex WG Solo's left, McGill's bought some of them off Ensign

Goldfish62

Established Member
Optare Solo M780SL MX59 AVP that was with G&J Holmes of Derbyshire resides in First Camborne depot this morning. I assume this is a purchase intended to replace the Vario's at Penzance unless anyone knows differently.

Correct.
McGills took all four of the M710s that went to Ensign.

These would be too small. First need the 7.9m versions.