• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

So not too badly damaged by its contretemps with Taunton's Station Bridge.

One more season from the Citybuses and then a decision on replacement?

One more season yes. There are enough cascades scheduled for next year to provide DDA deckers for the closed top fleet and to allow a batch to be converted to open top.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Seen being towed towards CT Plus in Bedminster the other day.

It's not being taken to CT Plus!

83G/84D

Established Member
Former Jersey Dennis Dart Nimbuses 42358 (EY05FYP), 43861 (EG52FGJ) and 43865 (EG52FGU) have now all departed the region and are now at their new home of Cornwall being prepared for service. I am informed that in place of 42358 is recently arrived Alexander Dennis Dart 42943 (WA56OAS) which is a former Kernow vehicle. Still to come from Bath are 42908(WX05RVR), 42911 (WX05RVV), 42914 (WX05RVZ), 42926 (SN05EAE) and 42938 (WX05SVD) which will also all become Lowestoft vehicles.

Source:- http://fecfleetnews.blogspot.co.uk/
Olympian 31518 seen being towed eastbound along the A30 near Mitchell this afternoon (7th December).

Last edited:

the101

Did 31518 ever see service down here?

It would not be a major surprise if it didn't. It was out of use at Potteries for a long time (as in, many, many months) before moving to the south west, and Volvo Olympians that started life in Glasgow are hardly noted for wearing their years well.

Last edited:

83G/84D

Established Member
Did 31518 ever see service down here?

Yes it was used albeit sparingly from my observations.
31878 also gone to them?

Towed by a beast of a Scammel Crusader recovery truck

There was another Olympian close behind 31518 and "under it's own steam" but I did not identify it.

Whiteway215

Established Member
Not sure if I'm allowed to quote this but PSV Circle November news sheet says 31518 disposed of to Glasgow Bus Museum September 2015

83G/84D

Established Member
Former Jersey Dennis Dart Nimbuses 42358 (EY05FYP), 43861 (EG52FGJ) and 43865 (EG52FGU) have now all departed the region and are now at their new home of Cornwall being prepared for service. I am informed that in place of 42358 is recently arrived Alexander Dennis Dart 42943 (WA56OAS) which is a former Kernow vehicle. Still to come from Bath are 42908(WX05RVR), 42911 (WX05RVV), 42914 (WX05RVZ), 42926 (SN05EAE) and 42938 (WX05SVD) which will also all become Lowestoft vehicles.

Source:- http://fecfleetnews.blogspot.co.uk/
Olympian 31518 seen being towed eastbound along the A30 near Mitchell this afternoon (7th December).

Dart's 42358, 43861 & 43865 all at Camborne today.

Attachments

• DSC01453.jpg
    DSC01453.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC01452.jpg
    DSC01452.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC01459.jpg
    DSC01459.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 58

LAIRA

Just seen on another site that 53701 LK05DYO is working out of Scotstun Garage in Glasgow.
Is that correct that it has left Cornwall?

richw

Veteran Member
Just seen on another site that 53701 LK05DYO is working out of Scotstun Garage in Glasgow.

It was in Photo'd in Braintree last week by one of my Flickr contacts.

fgwrich

Established Member
It would have moved around quickly then, seen back in late September and early October in PZ. It is from a Scottish batch though, so could it be another mistaken for this one seen in Glasgow?

83G/84D

Established Member
Another recent arrival is Dart 42869 seen on the 39 earlier.
Trident 33176 seen at Camborne today in Urban with Kernow branding. This was formerly in Mayflower link colours. At the same time 33175 was at Camborne still in Mayflower link colours.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Another recent arrival is Dart 42869 seen on the 39 earlier.
Trident 33176 seen at Camborne today in Urban with Kernow branding. This was formerly in Mayflower link colours. At the same time 33175 was at Camborne still in Mayflower link colours.

Assuming that's 43869 and just a slight typo?

From Kernow being almost an Urban free zone (save the e400s, and the odd B7RLE and Dart), the rapid repaints and already painted cascades seem to be bringing it in pretty quickly.

83G/84D

Established Member

From Kernow being almost an Urban free zone (save the e400s, and the odd B7RLE and Dart), the rapid repaints and already painted cascades seem to be bringing it in pretty quickly.

Yes it should be 43869.

Just to confirm that 53701 has not left Cornwall, I saw it at Camborne less than an hour ago.

Goldfish62

Established Member
Yes it should be 43869.

Just to confirm that 53701 has not left Cornwall, I saw it at Camborne less than an hour ago.

Good. Buses of this size that are the largest that can fit into Mousehole are in quite short supply.

Yes, and the fleet is starting to look much smarter. There's still a lack of uniformity among the Urban liveried vehicles though. Some have full Kernow branding, some lack the black stripe, some have only First names and some are completely unbranded.

83G/84D

Established Member
Camborne engineering staff are getting in the christmas spirit!

Attachments

• DSC01627.jpg
    DSC01627.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 87

CD

On 3rd December Trident 32854 broke down on M5 on its way from First Wyvern to First Kernow. It was towed to Taunton for repair, but I have heard no reports of it since.
Does anyone know if it has arrived in Cornwall?

83G/84D

Established Member
On 3rd December Trident 32854 broke down on M5 on its way from First Wyvern to First Kernow. It was towed to Taunton for repair, but I have heard no reports of it since.
Does anyone know if it has arrived in Cornwall?

I think some of the ex Manchester Olympian's also experienced difficulties on their journey to the south west.

Nice to know that we are getting quality vehicles sent down. :roll:

I'll keep a look out for it arriving at Camborne behind a tow truck.

Last edited:

richw

Veteran Member
32854 is a T reg, so still getting on for 17 years old. I'm pretty certain from contacts the existing T and V reg Tridents aren't the most reliable, so our First Kernow engineers will be well versed in them!

Robertj21a

On Moderation
32854 is a T reg, so still getting on for 17 years old. I'm pretty certain from contacts the existing T and V reg Tridents aren't the most reliable, so our First Kernow engineers will be well versed in them!

I'm told that 32852 is also to move from Worcester to Cornwall.

mic

I think some of the ex Manchester Olympian's also experienced difficulties on their journey to the south west.

Nice to know that we are getting quality vehicles sent down. :roll:

I'll keep a look out for it arriving at Camborne behind a tow truck.

also 2 of the B7s single decks in 2013 that where sent from Manchester also had trouble on the way down

richw

Veteran Member
From FK Facebook

Changes to bus routes 25, 30, 46 & 47 in Cornwall from 3 January 2016 ‪#‎buschanges‬ ‪#‎cornwallbuses‬

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

route 25 - St Austell | Charlestown
We have updated the route 25 timetable to include new route 30 journeys between St Austell & Charlestown. This means a boost in peak-time frequency for customers who travel on this section of the route. The rest of the timetable is unchanged.

Download the new timetable here: http://firstkernow.co.uk/pdfs/jantt/25.pdf

route 30 - St Austell town route
This route will continue to provide an hourly frequency to all the areas currently served. In addition most journeys will run via Trenowah Road to give a better service for Chapel Field.

Buses which currently finish at the Community Hospital will continue via Asda to the Town Centre (South Street) and the Bus Station.

The standard off peak route will be:
Bus Station | Mount Charles | Tregonissey Lane End | Boscoppa (Phernyssick Road and Killyvarder Way) | Bethel | Holmbush (Tesco) | Trenowah Road | Bethel | Boscoppa (Killyvarder Way and Phernyissick Road) | Tregonissey Lane End | Aldi | Community Hospital | Asda | South Street | Bus Station

At peak times buses will also serve Duporth (Two Coves) and Charlestown.

Download the new timetable here: http://firstkernow.co.uk/pdfs/jantt/30.pdf

route 46 - Camborne | North Country | Redruth | Devoran | Truro
The route from Camborne Bus Station to Pengegon will continue to be via Trevu Road and Meneth Road. From there to Roskear School it will be rerouted via Kerrier Way. The rest of the route will not change.

The frequency of the route will be maintained but there will be minor timing changes on some journeys.

Download the new timetable here: http://firstkernow.co.uk/pdfs/jantt/46.pdf

route 47 - Troon | Camborne | Portreath | Redruth | St Day | Truro
The standard route from Camborne will be via the new section of the CPR Link Road from Dolcoath to Dudnance Lane and then to Tesco Extra. Tuckingmill will no longer be served by this route except evenings and Sundays.

All journeys into and out of Truro will divert between Newbridge and Highertown to serve the full length of Malabar Road

Weekday evening and all Sunday journeys will be significantly retimed to meet requests from Cornwall Council

Some other times will be slightly adjusted to take account of the route changes.

Download the new timetable here: http://firstkernow.co.uk/pdfs/jantt/47.pdf

CD

While at Worcester in late November 32854 had a "new" engine fitted. So hopefully it will not be too bad.