• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

83G/84D

Established Member
Volvo B12M coach 20502 has moved from Plymouth to Camborne whilst 20504 remains at Plymouth.
Long term out of service at Camborne are Olympian 34193, Solo 50292 and Dart 42720.

Anyone seen any of the buses loaned from Ensign recently?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Perhaps the most logical one will cross your mind at some point!?:D

Tbh, not certain what the most logical actually is? Northampton had Chelmsford as theirs!

Most logical in terms of geography, or capacity/capability? Assuming that it's more local than Bristol or Soton.... Don't know. Taunton? Even in WN days, it wasn't in Camborne.

I'm sure when you do your big reveal, it will be all too obvious :lol::p

Tbh, not certain what the most logical actually is? Northampton had Chelmsford as theirs!

Most logical in terms of geography, or capacity/capability? Assuming that it's more local than Bristol or Soton.... Don't know. Taunton? Even in WN days, it wasn't in Camborne.

I'm sure when you do your big reveal, it will be all too obvious :lol::p

All these convoluted theories! Camborne

richw

Veteran Member
Volvo B12M coach 20502 has moved from Plymouth to Camborne whilst 20504 remains at Plymouth.
Long term out of service at Camborne are Olympian 34193, Solo 50292 and Dart 42720.

The white dart kn52nfu and solo k50wgh are still about, can't recall any others. Both are normally based in St Austell area, typically on ffowey to mevagissey, par to st Austell and St Austell to Truro via St Dennis.

LAIRA

42842/843 & 66126/127 are running in Plymouth today so possibly 4 ex Plymouth buses running in Cornwall.

I understand FDC head office is to be at Summercourt

Colin
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Did 50292 ever enter service in Camborne?

In WN days, the offices were discrete (i.e. Not attached to a depot/bus stn) in Pydar Street in Truro and didn't know if that reflected a lack of space in Camborne?

That said, the requirement for offices now is less than 20 years ago but you get the point :)

I'm not sure office space is a requirement for a registered address!
I understand FDC head office is to be at Summercourt[/QUOTE]

No, Camborne

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
I'm not sure office space is a requirement for a registered address!
I understand FDC head office is to be at Summercourt

No, Camborne

Indeed, a most correct observation. Registered office could be a broom cupboard, accountant or legal practice or even a private residence. There's a range of options as to where to locate it but usual practice is some form of office, co-located with admin functions and often using existing offices within a depot or bus station.

There are/were examples that don't such as Go NE or Arriva NE which sits with corporate facilities.

Btw, I think it was Laira stating it was Summercourt but you've replied to me. Thanks, as ever, for the information.

Last edited:
Indeed, a most correct observation. Registered office could be a broom cupboard, accountant or legal practice or even a private residence. There's a range of options as to where to locate it but usual practice is some form of office, co-located with admin functions and often using existing offices within a depot or bus station.

There are/were examples that don't such as Go NE or Arriva NE which sits with corporate facilities.

Btw, I think it was Laira stating it was Summercourt but you've replied to me. Thanks, as ever, for the information.

It was but it joined my two answers into one message!

83G/84D

Established Member
The white dart kn52nfu and solo k50wgh are still about, can't recall any others. Both are normally based in St Austell area, typically on ffowey to mevagissey, par to st Austell and St Austell to Truro via St Dennis.

There were 2 former Metroline Trident's on lease from Ensign as well.

1 of them I saw doing the malpas boat shuttle, never saw the other. The ex Lothian darts were knackered and never saw service.

1 of the ex Lothian Darts failed on delivery. It has had the engine changed in Taunton and has now been sent on to Cornwall. Apart from that the three of them aren't knackered at all but are tidy well maintained vehicles. The two that did make it to Cornwall were held in reserve. At least one has been painted in Olympia now with the others due in paint imminently. All are entering service with First Kernow.

Accelerator59

1 of the ex Lothian Darts failed on delivery. It has had the engine changed in Taunton and has now been sent on to Cornwall. Apart from that the three of them aren't knackered at all but are tidy well maintained vehicles. The two that did make it to Cornwall were held in reserve. At least one has been painted in Olympia now with the others due in paint imminently. All are entering service with First Kernow.

With this in mind, I wonder what the fleet numbers will be. My guess is 42803/4/5 if they're not already in use.

LAIRA

42842/843 & 66126/127 are running in Plymouth today so possibly 4 ex Plymouth buses running in Cornwall.

I am advised that 42725 42841 and 62214 are also now in Plymouth although I have not seen them myself.

I am also advised that 32808/817/851/858 33176 32751 have gone to Bath for RRP.

83G/84D

Established Member
Enviro 400 33666 is on the 1515 "18" from Truro to Penzance today, whilst Solo 53803 is in Olympia colours and has been out on "road tests" from Camborne this week.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member

That was the one that had been parked in the corner of the yard at Taunton? I'd not seen it "in the flesh" until last week so just before it got sorted.

Have to say I was surprised at the use of the term "knackered". Generally, Lothian vehicles are well received.

Looks like speed of repaints is picking up.

That was the one that had been parked in the corner of the yard at Taunton? I'd not seen it "in the flesh" until last week so just before it got sorted.

Have to say I was surprised at the use of the term "knackered". Generally, Lothian vehicles are well received.

Looks like speed of repaints is picking up.

Up to three at a time including the use of outside contractors. The last of the Scanias and all the B7RLEs are due through paint in a rapid roll out.

richw

Veteran Member

Thanks for the update on the Lothian darts, contradicts info I was told by a driver I was talking to about them. I haven't seen them in the flesh myself unfortunately.

There is a large feature in the 31st July passenger transport magazine about Cornwall, 8 pages in total.
Enviro 400 33666 is on the 1515 "18" from Truro to Penzance today, whilst Solo 53803 is in Olympia colours and has been out on "road tests" from Camborne this week.

The Enviros are escaping Falmouth a fair bit lately. They've been regular visitors to Newquay the last couple of weeks.

A Trident was on the U1 yesterday morning,

83G/84D

Established Member
53803 on test today, caught me rather unexpectedly so not the best photo.

Attachments

• ED2A6084.jpg
    ED2A6084.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 76

Goldfish62

Established Member
53803 on test today, caught me rather unexpectedly so not the best photo.

Somewhat unfinished - no pink stripe.

Unless I'm mistaken this is the first repaint in the Kernow fleet from Barbie into Olympia.

richw

Veteran Member

Unless I'm mistaken this is the first repaint in the Kernow fleet from Barbie into Olympia.

Possibly due to it suffering major crash damage a couple of months back, the majority of its front end needed repair and repaint so might as well paint it in Olympia.

Chris Thomas

11036/7/8 at The Eden Project now carry registrations AN/BN/CN02 EDN respectively. On August 1st 11037/8 were working around the site, whilst 11036 & 11085 were parked at the outstation. No sign of either 11086 or 11087. Does anyone know if 11086 has actually ever been at The Eden Project, please?

Following heavy accident damage.

I am advised that 42725 42841 and 62214 are also now in Plymouth although I have not seen them myself.

I am also advised that 32808/817/851/858 33176 32751 have gone to Bath for RRP.

No they released Devon vehicles for August rail replacement in Bath while Truro College is out.

83G/84D

Established Member

If you look very closely the legals are on a sticker on the nearside front window. I suppose this is a temporary affair until the new legals are applied next month.

Alluding to the fact that legals will need to be changed from Chelson Meadow to Union Street in Camborne, as Mr South Westerly has advised.

Albeit that I didn't mention next month. May just be waiting for the vinyl man to turn up from Taunton to fit the proper full set. B

richw

Veteran Member
Albeit that I didn't mention next month. May just be waiting for the vinyl man to turn up from Taunton to fit the proper full set. B

5th September being the very latest date it will happen. Reality will happen sooner than having to do hundreds of buses on one day.