• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

83G/84D

Established Member
Scania K114/ Irizar coach 23402 ( SV54 FTA) in Camborne. Ex Aberdeen and previously LSK 571.

Last edited:

83G/84D

Established Member
E400 33422 broken down between Roseworthy and Camborne on old A30. Fitter at rear of bus with a broom sweeping the road. Bus times show it was on a Tinner service.

TechDan2002

E400 33422 broken down between Roseworthy and Camborne on old A30. Fitter at rear of bus with a broom sweeping the road. Bus times show it was on a Tinner service.

Saw it parked up for a few minutes at Threemilestone 11:10 ish this morning, might have been having problems there.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
The bit of road/pavement cordoned off at Penzance Station reopened late afternoon, precisely no work having been carried out on it as far as I can see and no evidence of any workpeople on the five occasions I passed it.

Well I hope the "local knowledge driven business" bucks up its ideas with publicity and information. Google "Go Cornwall Bus" and if you're lucky you might eventually realise what you're looking for comes under Plymouth Citybus. Go to that site and GCB is largely invisible. Google "Cornwall by Kernow" and the top result takes you straight to FK's section of the FirstBus website, containing all the info you need within the constraints of the mediocre corporate website.
Rather than the first website you are better off with travel wise

richw

Veteran Member
local knowledge driven business

full size Scania omnicitys and the Scania version of eclipse body has turned up today for GCB... Good local knowledge wouldn’t bring in full size single deckers, we all know they are too long for majority of the routes. They’d be ok for Tinner evening journeys probably!

MB162435

Established Member
The new timetables for majority of Kernow's and GCB's new services are on UK buses as well now

Noticed that Kernow's 27 service returns to Treliske Hospital after over 5 years, the 08:50 and 09:50 Carclaze to Truro services and the 11:15 St Austell to Truro service extend to the Trelawny Wing, returning at 12:47, 13:47 and 14:47 respectively

The 12:15 service is also extended to Truro College on college days only, departing at 12:42 to coincide with the busy college lunch time rush

Dorsetbus

full size Scania omnicitys and the Scania version of eclipse body has turned up today for GCB... Good local knowledge wouldn’t bring in full size single deckers, we all know they are too long for majority of the routes. They’d be ok for Tinner evening journeys probably!

Morebus colours I presume?

richw

Veteran Member
The new timetables for majority of Kernow's and GCB's new services are on UK buses as well now

Noticed that Kernow's 27 service returns to Treliske Hospital after over 5 years, the 08:50 and 09:50 Carclaze to Truro services and the 11:15 St Austell to Truro service extend to the Trelawny Wing, returning at 12:47, 13:47 and 14:47 respectively

The 12:15 service is also extended to Truro College on college days only, departing at 12:42 to coincide with the busy college lunch time rush

there’s half hourly services between Truro and st Austell in the middle of the day. Those that go to treliske don’t go to Bodmin and vice versa

Morebus colours I presume?

yes

MB162435

Established Member
there’s half hourly services between Truro and st Austell in the middle of the day. Those that go to treliske don’t go to Bodmin and vice versa

Noticed they have done a similar thing on the U4, with a half hourly service between Helston and Penzance during the middle of the day, with the short Helston- Penzance services extended to Penwith College

Dorsetbus

yes

Good buses and driven by the go south coast drivers that are coming down they will be in fine hands.

Busaholic

Veteran Member

yes
If Truro to St Austell, also connected half hourly by train, justifies a half hourly bus service, I'd have thought Penzance to Helston would justify the same, although numbering it U4 now kind of throws a small spanner in the works in a P.R. sense. The Penryn/Falmouth end was never as important!

P.S. How prescient of me, apart from the spanner bit! Genuinely had no idea it was happening.

MB162435

Established Member
If Truro to St Austell, also connected half hourly by train, justifies a half hourly bus service, I'd have thought Penzance to Helston would justify the same, although numbering it U4 now kind of throws a small spanner in the works in a P.R. sense. The Penryn/Falmouth end was never as important!

P.S. How prescient of me, apart from the spanner bit! Genuinely had no idea it was happening.
Maybe they will use some of the spare single deckers for the short journeys on the 27 and U4