• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Midland Bluebird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
"That guy" who lives in Glasgow and spends most of his time at Larbert...

What does that guy do know?

I'm a bit confused (not for the first time :oops:) but is the point that a guy who was in Aberdeen is now at Larbert and taking a good look at the network? Is the criticism that he's "not local" and so doesn't understand the Bluebird operation, or that actually he does live/is based locally and so can know what the local issues are?

overthewater

Established Member
I'm a bit confused (not for the first time :oops:) but is the point that a guy who was in Aberdeen is now at Larbert and taking a good look at the network? Is the criticism that he's "not local" and so doesn't understand the Bluebird operation, or that actually he does live/is based locally and so can know what the local issues are?

I just wondering what his new role is since everyone got sacked and has been given new roles.

How do you get to that from here: https://www.firstgroup.com/south-east-and-central-scotland At this point in time 19th June 2018.

Sybic26

How do you get to that from here: https://www.firstgroup.com/south-east-and-central-scotland
Agree with comment #391 by Observer.
There is no direct link to the abovementioned page on the FSE site unless you know where to look. Try entering the FSE web site find the Have your say page, it is not shown anywhere. The only way I have found it (via the FSE site) is by doing a search for Have your say. Not very customer friendly.

Observer

Falkirk Herald reporting on the story, strange how the First website doesn't have the link with the timetables, and neither does the article.
https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/new...-of-changes-for-first-scotland-east-1-4756775
A bus company is inviting passengers along to a roadshow to have their say on route changes and the possible closure of Falkirk Bus Station.

First Scotland East is holding a customer consultation event between noon and 5pm at Falkirk’s Howgate Centre – in the unit next to Superdrug – on Wednesday, June 27 regarding proposed service changes to its Falkirk network.

A First spokesperson said: “We value your feedback and want to give you the opportunity to have your say on the proposed changes.”

The biggest potential change will be the proposal to stop all services using Falkirk Bus Station due to “poor usage and amenities”.

Other proposals include the number 5 Langlees service increasing in frequency to every 15 minutes and stopping Carronside Street, but no longer stopping at Haugh Street and Langlees Street as it travels to Falkirk Town Centre.

The number 5, 6 and 7 Grahams Road buses will be joined by the number 8 and increase in frequency to one bus per hour.

Camelon and Summerford will no longer be served by the number 3, 4 and 4a services – they will now be served by the 6, 7 and 8 buses, with Tamfourhill/Ochiltree now both 30 minute services and offering a through service to Falkirk Central Retail Park and Forth Valley Royal Hospital in Larbert.

In Grangemouth the number 5 bus will be replaced by the number 2 service, which will link with Falkirk Community Hospital from Grangemouth Old Town. The Grangemouth Old Tow service will now be reduced in frequency from 20 minutes to 30 minutes with no through service to Falkirk Community Hospital and Falkirk Wheel on the 3 and 4 buses.

It is also proposed the town’s Central Avenue, Stevenson Street and Burnbank Avenue will not be served on evenings and Sundays due to parking issues.

Visit www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/Falkirk for more information.

Like how the drivers find out through the local paper first
You surely would have heard about the story a few weeks ago about the bus station being turned into flats though? I guess you never heard any other drivers talk about it?

overthewater

Established Member
Or is he on about the service changes? Just in case he is wondering we know about them last week and Stirling is getting a review shortly aswell. Keep an eye on this thread :D

Volvodart

Established Member
https://www.firstgroup.com/south-ea...ice-updates/news/west-lothian-service-changes
West Lothian Service Changes

These are the changes in response to customer feedback:

Service 21 - During the day, one journey per hour will extend from Bathgate to Whitburn West End via Armadale Cross, Armadale Railway Station/Asda and Whitburn Cross.

Service 23 - Route revised between Livingston The Centre and Mid Calder to serve Dedridge East and Lizzie Brice Roundabout. The frequency during the evening and all day Sunday will be every 30 minutes.

Service X23 - Route extended from Livingston The Centre to Broxburn, Strathbrock Partnership Centre via Craigshill and Uphall Station with some Monday to Friday peak journeys extending further to East Mains Industrial Estate. Route revised between Livingston The Centre and Mid Calder to serve Lizzie Brice Roundabout and Calder Park Road.

Service 26 - An additional journey will be introduced, Monday to Friday and Saturday – 2231 Livingston North Station to Livingston The Centre.

Service 27 - Route revised to serve Livingston Asda. On Schooldays, some journeys will start and finish at Inveralmond High School instead of St John’s Hospital.

Service 600 - Route revised to serve Deer Park.

application-pdf.png
West Lothian Network Map.pdf
application-pdf.png
WL 21 22 - Whitburn - Armadale - Bathgate - Blackburn - Kirkton - Livingston.pdf
application-pdf.png
WL 23 X23 - Deans - Eliburn - Livingston - Dedridge East - Mid Calder - Kirknewton - Edinburgh.pdf
application-pdf.png
WL 24 25 - Deans - Eliburn - Livingston - Pumpherston - Broxburn - Edinburgh.pdf
application-pdf.png
WL 26 - Bathgate - Fauldhouse - West Calder - Livingston - St John's Hospital - Livingston North.pdf
application-pdf.png
WL 27 - St John's Hospital - Livingston - Dedridge - Livingston - St John's Hospital.pdf
application-pdf.png
WL 600 - Livingston - Broxburn - Winchburgh - Kirkliston - Edinburgh Airport.pdf

Last edited:

overthewater

Established Member
Of course the West Lothian changes are booked in for 6th August. I bet everyone saw 21 change coming. However extending the x23 to craigshill and broxburn, let's see how long that lasts.

With Falkirk maybe their doing the Hokey cokey with the ideas

tbtc

Veteran Member
The number 5, 6 and 7 Grahams Road buses will be joined by the number 8 and increase in frequency to one bus per hour

<< some bored journalist on the Falkirk Herald really needs to read the articles that they are copying and pasting from - I know that there have been some big cuts since the Midland Scottish days but the idea that the frequency on Grahams Road has been so poor that the changes will increase it "to one bus per hour" (rather than "by one bus per hour") tickled me.

Sybic26

Perhaps the FSE web page has more information to be added to it, e.g. maps. That is possibly why it has been taken down .

Falkirk Herald reporting on the story, strange how the First website doesn't have the link with the timetables, and neither does the article.
https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/new...-of-changes-for-first-scotland-east-1-4756775

You surely would have heard about the story a few weeks ago about the bus station being turned into flats though? I guess you never heard any other drivers talk about it?

Yes , but there was to be a meeting with drivers before details were published and there was a lot of rumours flying around . I'd rather not listen to rumours and the likes till I see evidence .

overthewater

Established Member
Yes , but there was to be a meeting with drivers before details were published and there was a lot of rumours flying around . I'd rather not listen to rumours and the likes till I see evidence .

I believe nothing is set in stone, and consultation has gone out. No one what could happen. For all know this could be stunt by First to get the owner of the building to make some improvements. Eastbound stance on newmarket street are not big enough to hold all those buses..

Observer

I think the stances are fine providing that services are timed well to ensure that not more than three buses are waiting on each side. Reducing the amount of buses should fix this issue as it can be bad at times.

Fair points, wouldn't be surprised if the page got pulled because the meeting hadn't happened yet.

overthewater

Established Member
These changes are not really reducing the number of buses going via that street... Current network has approx 32-33 buses an hour each way going via New market street, the new timetables have about 32-33 buses an hour going via it each way :D Even with less buses going to Bo'ness ( 1 less overall per hour) its all swings and roundabouts I wouldn't be surprised the 3 buses saved from the 38 is directly moved over to the improved X37.

Stef434

"That guy" who lives in Glasgow and spends most of his time at Larbert...
Dave the guy from Group someone up there likes him , worked at Manchester went to FSE HO,Dom Musselburgh then Dom Galashiels. cant say anymore on the wee man

Jordan Adam

Established Member

I wasn't criticising him as such, he spends most of his time at Larbert with the weekly visit to Aberdeen (sometimes more regular). My reply was to Stef434 saying "Davie Phillips at Aberdeen", in short moaning about David Phillips spending all his time at Aberdeen and being based here which is not strictly true! As i said in a previous comment he lives in Glasgow and spends most of his (working) time at Larbert. He's the Operations Director for First Aberdeen & Scotland East, so sort of the middle man between the 2 division and Andrew Jarvis.

Dave the guy from Group someone up there likes him , worked at Manchester went to FSE HO,Dom Musselburgh then Dom Galashiels. cant say anymore on the wee man

I would reply if i knew what you're meaning to say?

overthewater

Established Member
Your Just answered my question what his current roles is. Mind you Operations Director doesn't seem to have much hand on work with service etc. The link is now back up again.

Observer

Perhaps the FSE web page has more information to be added to it, e.g. maps. That is possibly why it has been taken down .
The reason that it seems it was taken down was due to the fact that the page wasn't finished in terms of some areas. The updated page is slightly different to what has been posted before.
Forth Valley Royal Hospital
Old Service Number 6/7/38/38A/F11
New Service Number 6/7/8/38
Notes - Better spaced service departures. Service 38 evening frequency increased to every 30 mins.

Croy/Kilsyth/Banknock
Old Service Number 4B
New Service Number
Notes - No longer extends beyond Falkirk Upper Newmarket Street

Dunipace/Denny/Fankerton
Old Service Number 2/2A/2B/F11/X39
New Service Number 1/8/X39
Notes - Service number 2 renumbered to Service 1. Fankerton now served by service 8. Service 1 will provide 15 min frequency on Nethermains Road. Glasgow Road now served by service 8. No through connection to Stirling University
Barnego Road not served.

Bonnybridge
Old Service Number 2/2A/2B/4B/F11/X37
New Service Number 1/4B/8/X37
Notes - Service number 2 renumbered to Service 1. Service 1 will provide 15 min frequency on Larbert Road
Service 8 replaces service F11. Service 4B rerouted via Bonnybridge Toll and Falkirk Road. Service X37 increased frequency to every 30 mins – More buses to Cumbernauld & Glasgow. Service X37 repalces 2A/2B on Falkirk Road. No connection to Stirling.

High Bonnybridge / Greenhill / Allandale
Old Service Number X37
New Service Number X37
Notes - Service X37 increased frequency to every 30 mins – More buses to Falkirk, Cumbernauld and Glasgow

High Bonnybridge / Greenhill / Allandale
Old Service Number X37
New Service Number X37
Notes - Service X37 increased frequency to every 30 mins – More buses to Falkirk, Cumbernauld and Glasgow.

Antonshill/Larbert/Stenhousemuir
Old Service Number 6/7/F11/38/38A
New Service Number 6/7/8/38
Notes - Antonshill improved service to FVRH. All services now operate via Asda Stenhousemuir. Service 7 will now serve Larbert Main Street. New direct link to Falkirk Community Hospital. More services operating via Health Centre at Stenhousemuir. Service 6 now offers through service to Falkirk Wheel. Service 38 evening frequency increased to every 30 mins.

Langlees
Old Service Number 5
New Service Number 5
Notes - Frequency increase now every 15 minutes to Falkirk Town Centre. Now serves Carronside Street. No longer serving Haugh Street & Langlees Street.

Grahams Road/Bainsford
Old Service Number 5/6/7/F11/F16
New Service Number 5/6/7/8/F11/F16
Notes - Frequent services to Falkirk – Up to every 7 minutes. Service F16 will now serve Mungalhead.

Camelon Main Street
Old Service Number 2/2A/2B/4A/4B/X37/38/38A
New Service Number 1/4B/X37/38
Notes - Frequent services to Falkirk – Up to every 7 minutes. Service number 2 renumbered to Service 1. Service X37 increased frequency to every 30 mins – More buses to Cumbernauld & Glasgow. Service 38 evening frequency increased to every 30 mins.

Tamfourhill / Camelon (Ochiltree Terrace) / Summerford
Old Service Number 3/4/4A
New Service Number 6/7/8
Notes - Camelon, Ochilltree & Tamfourhill will now be served by services 6/7/8. Now offers through service to Central Retail Park and FVRH. Maggies Woods Loan now served by new service 2. Increased frequency on Windsor Road, with improved co-ordination. Service F16 will now serve Westburn Avenue. Tamfourhill/Ochilltree Terrace now both every 30 mins. Direct link to Falkirk College and Grangemouth withdrawn. Link from Ochiltree Terrace to Camelon Main Street withdrawn.

Hallglen
Old Service Number 1
New Service Number 5
Notes - Now served by service 5. New link to Central Retail park.

Limerigg/Slamannan/Lionthorn
Old Service Number 17
New Service Number 2
Notes - Now served by service 2. New link serving Forth Valley College, Grangemouth & Bo’ness.

Falkirk Bus Station
Notes - Due to poor usage and amenities no services using Bus Station

Grangemouth
Old Service Number 3/4/4A/5
New Service Number 2/3/4
Notes - Service 5 becomes service 2. Service 2 now links with Falkirk Community Hospital from Grangemouth Old Town
Grangemouth Old Town frequency reduced from 20 > 30 minutes. No through service to Falkirk Wheel. Central Avenue/Stevenson Street/Burnbank Avenue not served on Evenings & Sundays due to parking issues.

Laurieston
Old Service Number 1/F8/38/38A
New Service Number 1/F16/38
Notes - Frequent services to Falkirk – Up to every 7 minutes. Service F8 replaced by service F16.

Brightons/Redding/Maddiston
Old Service Number 1
New Service Number 1
Notes - New through service to Camelon/Denny

Westquarter
Old Service Number F8
New Service Number F16
Notes - New service number. Direct Link to retail Park withdrawn.

Bo’ness
Old Service Number 5/5A/5C
New Service Number 2
Notes - Now served by revised service number 2. Simplified route providing a 30 min frequency. New through service to Falkirk Community Hospital. Now offering close link to Falkirk High Station hourly. Section of Dean/Grahamsdyke Roads not served.

Linlithgow
Old Service Number 1/38
New Service Number 1/38
Notes - Now faster more direct to Edinburgh. Service to Gyle Centre withdrawn. Reduced frequency on service 38, now 30 mins to Edinburgh, remains every 15 minutes to Falkirk/Stirling.

Bridgend
Old Service Number 38
New Service Number 1
Notes - Now served by extended service 1 to Linlithgow. No direct connection to Edinburgh from Village, service 38 to operate main Road only every 30 minutes.

Winchburgh/Kirkliston/Queensferry
Old Service Number 22A/38
New Service Number 38/600
Notes - New dedicated service to Edinburgh Airport on service 600 in conjunction with West Lothian Alterations. Continued connection to Broxburn/Uphall & Livingston Centre. No direct connection to St John’s hospital – change at Livingston Centre. Reduced frequency to Edinburgh – 15 mins peak & 30 mins off-peak. Queensferry no longer served
22A/600 change from 6 August.

Shieldhill/Avonbridge/Westfield
Old Service Number 29/29A/29C
New Service Number 29
Notes - Minor alterations

Armadale
Old Service Number 29/29A/29C
New Service Number 29
Notes - Now operates a standardised route to through Armadale North Street and East Mains Street.

Tendered Services

Old Service Number F8
New Service Number F16
Notes - Amalgamated with service F16 & renumbered to F16. Route between Westquarter and Falkirk as current (no longer serving Falkirk Bus Station). New link to Falkirk Community Hospital/Carron Centre. New improved hourly service. No longer serving Central Retail Park.

Old Service Number F16
New Service Number F16
Notes - Amalgamated with services F8/F11. Now commences at Westquarter and operates F8 route to Falkirk, then F11 route to Bainsford Mungalhead Road, and then at Carron Road current route to Stirling. New link to Falkirk Community Hospital.

Old Service Number F11
New Service Number F16
Notes - Service number removed see F16 above. Service 8 covers from Falkirk to Denny Cross, Denny Cross to Dunipace section rerouted to cover Fankerton. Maintains service 2B link to Glasgow Road. Merchiston Road to Mungalhead Road covered by revised service F16. Camelon Road not directly served.

Old Service Number F25
New Service Number F25
Notes - Now operates from Upper Newmarket to Finistere Aenue via Hodge Street, Cochrane Ave, Cow Wynd and then normal route to Standburn (timing issues, anticipated faster route). No longer serves Falkirk Bus station, now extended to Falkirk Upper Newmarket Street.

Old Service Number F14
New Service Number F14
Notes - Now operates from Upper Newmarket to Finistere Aenue via Hodge Street, Cochrane Ave, Cow Wynd then normal route to Etna Road. No longer serves Falkirk Bus station, now extended to Falkirk Upper Newmarket Street

overthewater

Established Member
Nice to see the map. There is no way the increase x37 Will result in more glasgow passengers, maybe Cumbernauld but deffo not Glasgow. Not with the much faster stagecoach express at the hospital.

Stef434

I wasn't criticising him as such, he spends most of his time at Larbert with the weekly visit to Aberdeen (sometimes more regular). My reply was to Stef434 saying "Davie Phillips at Aberdeen", in short moaning about David Phillips spending all his time at Aberdeen and being based here which is not strictly true! As i said in a previous comment he lives in Glasgow and spends most of his (working) time at Larbert. He's the Operations Director for First Aberdeen & Scotland East, so sort of the middle man between the 2 division and Andrew Jarvis.

I would reply if i knew what you're meaning to say?
sorry have to watch what iam disclosing ..

overthewater

Established Member
I take it, the scannys will be sent to Glasgow to be done up?

http://www.centralfm.co.uk/2018/06/22/balfron-buses-set-for-upgrade/
Balfron buses set for £50,000 upgrade
Buses based in Balfron are to be upgraded, following complaints by members of the local community.

Stirling MSP Bruce Crawford says he’s received assurances from FirstBus that eight vehicles will be “substantially refreshed”.

Users had expressed concern about vandalism and damage to a number of buses operating in the area.

It’s expected almost £50,000 will be spent on the fleet’s refurbishment in total.

Commenting, Bruce Crawford said:

“Over a period of time, busses can begin to look tired and can sustain damage – it is clear that this has happened with a number of the fleet based in Balfron.

“I am pleased that First Bus has responded directly to the complaints raised with me, and I am confident from the discussion I had that this is a matter they take seriously.

“An average of £6,000 per bus on refreshing 8 vehicles is a considerable investment from the company, and will make a substantial difference.

“As much as I’d like to see a brand new fleet of busses for the Balfron area, I have to be realistic about what’s achievable. This investment in the current fleet will go some way in addressing the concerns that have been raised with me.

“I look forward to seeing more of the refreshed and two-toned branded busses in the area over the next few months.”

overthewater

Established Member
Unlike like West Lothian, its seems the Falkirk passengers are rather happy about these changes, Im surprised Bo'ness has reacted so well to its cuts. So it looks like Changes will go ahead in August as planned. So the Big Question is now, whats planned for Stirling......

Volvodart

Established Member
Am I missing something with the X37 and X39? Is one of the 2 X37 per hour really going to run more or less on top of the X39 – or is the X39 going to be changed again with the Stirling proposals (the Sunday X39 seems to have gone completely)?

At some time, a Sunday service for the X39 was included. I had a look for it a few times but it was not there then (last time I tried was on 26 June).

https://www.firstgroup.com/uploads/node_images/X39.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.