• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Midland Bluebird

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldman

Nice spin in the First press release:

Bus operator First Scotland East has agreed in principle to sell its East Lothian operations to Lothian Buses. On completion of the sale, expected to conclude by 14 August 2016, the Musselburgh and North Berwick bus depots and all employees will transfer to Lothian Buses.

Not quite the same as Lothian's 'rescue package':

Earlier this year First Scotland East Ltd announced it was to close its operations and withdraw services from 14 August 2016. An agreement has been reached which will see East Coast Buses Ltd purchase the company’s Musselburgh and North Berwick properties with all staff having the opportunity to be transferred over ...

Of course no one wants to point out that there are services which are not being continued.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

overthewater

Established Member
The back tracking has started to happen, No60 has been kept. Let see if a replacement for the x86 appears ;)

overthewater

Established Member
So that would mean Lothian would be running a service into Glasgow, which surely must be a first for them or ECB as it is known now...

I'm not even sure how you can come to that conclusion from my post.

I said "The back tracking has started to happen" which means First has decided not to pull N060 bus off. There has been alot of talk First are planing to replace the X86 with something else, but were not sure what as of tonight.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
######

Another piece of the Jigsaw: https://www.facebook.com/PaulGarnerSNP/posts/810233079076876:0

That a part replacement for X86:

Further to previous correspondence regarding First Scotland East Ltd’s proposed service changes in the Falkirk area, I can advise that following discussions with SPT, Falkirk Council and local residents, First have announced today plans to retain a commercial bus service between Falkirk and Banknock with a revised route and timetable.
Falkirk – Banknock – Croy (Service X86/Service 4B)
First will withdraw one bus per hour on Service 4 from Camelon (Ochiltree) – which will reduce from 4 buses per hour to 3 buses per hour – and extend one Service 4 per hour (the same frequency as the current Service X86) to operate to Banknock, Kilsyth and Croy Station. The full route of the new service will be as follows (please note these are the main stops, it will of course stop at all stops):
Grangemouth (Central Avenue, Rannoch Road, Charlotte Dundas, Charing Cross), Falkirk (Forth Valley College, Bus Station, Upper Newmarket Street), Camelon (Sheriff Court, opp Tesco), Bonnybridge (Highland Dykes, Larbert Road), Dennyloanhead (Crown Hotel), Longcroft, Haggs, Banknock, Banton, Kilsyth to Croy Station.
The service will operate Monday to Sunday, hourly on a commercial basis as per the attached timetable. Falkirk Council are currently in discussion with First and SPT regarding the provision of additional evening departures (the last journey from Falkirk to Banknock on the new timetable is 1745 from Falkirk Bus Station and SPT are considering additional evening services from Kilsyth to Banton). Depending on costs, which are awaited from First, it is likely that Falkirk Council will provide an additional 1845 and 1945 departure, Monday to Saturday, from Falkirk to Croy and return, it is likely that SPT will contribute towards the cost of these journeys.
First have advised that the new service will be on a “use it or lose it” basis and will be encouraging residents to use the service to secure it – the same would apply to any additional evening journeys which would need to meet Falkirk Council’s criteria for continued funding.

The existing service X86 will continue to operate until 21 August 2016 with the new Service 4B will commencing on 22 August 2016.

Service 24 is still gone but First will still have NoX39 and Bryan coaches will have B1 and W1.
######

Borders cut will not be as bad but I think we haven't see the last of this subject.

http://www.hawick-news.co.uk/news/l...1-services-in-borders-1-4172451#ixzz4EJq1tUCM

Bus bosses have slammed the brakes on plans to scrap almost a dozen services, including several serving Hawick, though they have stopped short of doing the complete U-turn passengers were hoping for.

First Group had planned to axe 11 loss-making routes across the Borders, thanks in part to the popularity of the new Borders Railway among travellers.

From Sunday, August 14, Hawick town services 75, 76 and 77 all faced cancellation, as did the Hawick-to-Galashiels Borders College bus route.

Other services facing the axe were routes between Galashiels and several towns and villages, plus the 73 bus to Bannerfield in Selkirk.

Those proposed cuts sparked an outcry when revealed in May, with many passengers fearing they could be left stranded.

Now, First Group, after consultations with Scottish Borders Council, has agreed to retain a number of services, although many will run on a less regular basis.

The full details of the plans have yet be revealed, but it is known that threatened services to Hawick town centre will continue at a reduced level, and the aim is now to maintain links to Bannerfield and Galashiels.

It is also believed that another operator has stepped in to take over services in Peebles.

That news was greeted with relief by Michael Grieve, chairman of Burnfoot Community Council and the organiser of a protest petition signed by hundreds of disgruntled passengers.

He said: “I’m pleased they are not going through with all the cuts they planned. That’s fantastic news. It’s unfortunate that some services are to be reduced and that we are going to see deregulated services based on profit rather than need, but it could have been much worse.

“We have achieved a partial victory, and some services will be retained, which is a relief.

“That’s good news for the elderly, for whom buses are a lifeline. They cannot afford to pay for a taxi every time they want to go into Hawick town centre, which is itself dying on its feet and needs all the footfall it can get.”

Hawick and Denholm councillor Watson McAteer also welcomed First Group’s change of heart, saying: “While the devil will be in the detail, it is reassuring that First Bus has responded positively to our requests for a service to continue in Hawick.

“Along with my fellow councillor Stuart Marshall, I am disappointed that Scottish Borders Council did not take time to share this good news with Hawick councillors.”

That view was echoed by Mr Marshall, and he added: “I am delighted that my plea to First Bus has been listened to and Hawick will continue to have a town bus service.”

Selkirkshire councillor Gordon Edgar said: “I’m pleased there has been a reconsideration because Bannerfield does require a regular provision as there is not a great availability of vehicles for families.

“I know council officers have done a lot of work on this, and they deserve recognition.”

Paul McGowan, managing director of First Scotland East, said: “I am pleased to say that following very constructive meetings with Scottish Borders Council, a proposal has been submitted for the continuation of the Hawick town service, on a reduced frequency, maintaining links with the surrounding area to the town centre.

“We are also considering alterations which would assist with maintaining a link from Bannerfield in Selkirk and Galashiels.

“We are currently awaiting feedback from Scottish Borders Council. However, we have submitted deregulations to the Traffic Commissioners pending the decision of the council.”

Volvodart

Established Member
http://www.bordertelegraph.com/news/14616616.Edinburgh_X95_bus_service_halved/

BUSES linking the central Borders with the capital are being cut by half from next month.

The service linking Galashiels and Edinburgh, which currently runs every half-hour, will be reduced to an hourly service from August 15.

But the connecting buses between Hawick and Galashiels will continue to operate half-hourly.

The proposal, which was announced by operator First Scotland East in May as part of a wide ranging review of its non-subsidised services in the region, has been approved this week by senior passenger transport officials with Scottish Borders Council.

“It was felt this proposal to effectively split the current X95 service is acceptable, given the alternative link to the capital now provided by the Borders Railway,” said a council spokesman yesterday.

He said agreement had also been reached with First to maintain its hourly service between Hawick and Carlisle.

“It means First will continue to run two buses an hour between Hawick and Galashiels,” said the spokesperson.

Meanwhile, the council is said to be “confident” that most of the other Borders services, which First announced it was scrapping, will be retained if not by that company, then by other operators.

These include all the town services in Hawick and Peebles and a number of services out of Galashiels including those to Bannerfield in Selkirk and to Oxton via Earlston.

The council confirmed yesterday that Peeblesshire-firm BARC had agreed to run the Peebles town service on the current timetable and that a formal announcement regarding the other services would be made later this week.

“We are in discussions with a number of operators with a view to ensuring that the services included in the First review are maintained at current levels after August 15 when the new services must be re-registered with the Traffic Commissioner. We are close to securing these arrangements and are confident of a successful outcome.”

overthewater

Established Member
He said agreement had also been reached with First to maintain its hourly service between Hawick and Carlisle.

I dont know why the council are saying there helped reach an agreement, it was always the plan....

Next Thursday there will be pubic consultation with passengers at Stirling bus station.

http://www.stirling.gov.uk/__docume...ity-planning/stirling-ybm-poster-22-06-16.pdf
##########

That is all sorted commercial services sorted in Falkirk and Stirling: Hopeful the Falkirk council services will be dealt with shortly.

https://www.firstgroup.com/south-ea...updates/news/bus-service-consultation-results

Today we can confirm some good news for customers following the conclusion of our network consultation.

Following feedback from our customers and other stakeholders, we have altered some of our original proposals to change services:

· First Midland Bluebird will partially replace service X86 with a new Service 4B linking Kilsyth, Banton, Banknock, Bonnybridge and Falkirk. This service will also offer a new link to Croy Railway station and extend across Falkirk to Falkirk Stadium and Grangemouth. The 4B Service will operate every hour Monday to Saturday daytime. Passengers for Forth Valley Royal Hospital will be able to change at Camelon to service 38/38A. Passengers travelling to Kirkintilloch, Bisopbriggs and Glasgow will be able to change to First Glasgow service 89 at Kilsyth.

- Service 60 will operate half hourly between Clackmannan and Alloa to connect with the improved 62/63 Services.

- We will also implement proposals to run an hourly Service 7 linking Falkirk with Stenhousemuir Asda via Antonshill on Monday to Saturday.  

Managing Director of First Midland Bluebird, Paul McGowan, said: “We have completed a comprehensive consultation around proposed changes to services across our network. We have had a fantastic response and received some really constructive feedback from customers, politicians, our local authority partners and other stakeholders.

“As a result of the consultation we will continue to provide services between Falkirk, Banknock, Banton and Kilsyth by introducing a new service 4B to partially replace service X86. And in further good news for customers we will continue to run service 7 although the frequency and length of route will be reduced.

“We have registered updated services with the Traffic Commissioner and changes will take affect from 22 August 2016.

“I’d like to thank everyone that took part in the consultation. I can assure our customers that going forward we will be working as hard as we can to ensure that across Falkirk, we deliver high quality bus travel.”

First customers in the Falkirk area are reminded that the current promotional zonal tickets are still available, offering unlimited travel throughout the whole Falkirk Zone for just £4.50 Day Ticket or £15 for a Weekly Ticket. Tickets are available through our MTickets app or onboard the bus.

I'm not going to hold my breath with the No60 since Mackies operate straight throw buses, Hopeful it will start a 7am.

DunsBus

Established Member

Journeys will no longer operate to/from Edinburgh and Carlisle but will instead operate as two overlapping sections - Edinburgh to Hawick and Gala to Carlisle, as is the case on Sundays. This will allow a half-hourly frequency to be provided between Gala and Hawick.

The X95 is so numbered as that is the length of its full route in miles. Since the route is to be split, perhaps it should now be renumbered as 47.5(a) and 47.5(b)...:lol::lol::lol:

Volvodart

Established Member
http://www.bordertelegraph.com/news/14621610.Perryman_s_set_to_take_over_threatened_Borders_bus_routes/

Perryman's set to take over threatened Borders bus routes
David Knox, News Editor

PERRYMAN'S Buses will take over several of the threatened routes around the central Borders from next month.

Current operators First announced during the spring that they intended to scrap up to a dozen loss-making services.

Following ongoing talks over the past few weeks Scottish Borders Council have now confirmed that Perryman's will operate the Hawick town service as well as the 73 service between Galashiels and Bannerfield.

They will also operate the 61 school service between Oxton, Lauder and Earlston High School.

The announcement follows the decision by Peeblesshire firm BARC Coach Hire to operate the Peebles town service 90a and 90b on a commercial basis.

All the services were de-registered by First following a review of its Borders’ operations.

Claire Lark, Operations Manager at Perryman’s Buses, told the Border Telegraph: “Perryman’s Buses is a local company committed to providing a reliable bus service in and around the Scottish Borders.

"We are pleased to be introducing a number of new routes in Hawick, Selkirk and Galashiels and look forward to quickly establishing good working relations with the towns and its people.

“In delivering those services, and our commitment to the area, we are delighted to announce we shall be investing approximately £500,000 in brand new vehicles.

"We value our customers and hope residents appreciate this investment by making full use of the new routes which come into effect on Monday, August 15.”

Perryman’s will operate the new Hawick and Selkirk services as commercial routes which means there is no cost to the local authority, aside from evenings and Sundays on the Hawick town services which will continue to be run under contract to SBC.

The new Hawick town services H1 and H2 will each run on an hourly frequency and will replace the previous First services 75, 76 and 77.

Perryman’s will operate a revised timetable and intend to use new low floor, accessible buses for the Hawick services.

Last edited:

overthewater

Established Member
Do we know how much the PVR is going to go down now in First Scotland overall?

Like I have said, until those School contract from Falkirk council are sorted this is unknown, First could do a job lot to grab more work, thus pushing up the PVP for Falkirk, and the spare buses are just sent across saving work. BUT for reason as you asked, this is the running total of what is used:

Border:
X95 cuts: 3 buses:
Hawick Town services: 3 buses
90: 1 bus
rest: combined 6 buses.

E Lothian:
108: 2 buses
X8: 5 buses
X6: 3 buses, or 5 at peak
X24: 6 buses:
School work 14 buses
No18 Council contract 2 buses but its believe it going to Lothian a week on Monday but not even Lothain have been told.....

Stirling and Falkirk:
No60- 6 buses ( it is seven but one will be kept on for the revised No60)
N07 - 2 buses but might be kept on with the revised No council contract.
NoX86 - 2 buses ( current has 3 but 1 will be used on the new 4b)
B12 - 1 bus ( current has 2 but 1 is being kept on revised service)

58 - 1 buses
24: 2 buses
Falkirk council work = 6 buses which are unknown.

So around 50 buses are for the chop, this number could go up or down.

Last edited:

THarris123

Established Member
Like I have said, until those School contract from Falkirk council are sorted this is unknown, First could do a job lot to grab more work, thus pushing up the PVP for Falkirk, and the spare buses are just sent across saving work. BUT for reason as you asked, this is the running total of what is used:

Border:

E Lothian:
School work 14 buses
No18 Council contract 2 buses but its believe it going to Lothian a week on Monday but not even Lothain have been told.....

Stirling and Falkirk:

58 - 1 buses
Falkirk council work = 6 buses which are unknown.

So around 50 buses are for the chop, this number could go up or down.

Thanks. I would have thought it be more.

oldman

Add to that the First X95 will be split into two, Edinburgh-Gala-Hawick and Gala-Hawick-Carlisle, allowing for a 30-minute frequency on the Gala-Hawick section.

I hope through passengers still get to buy a through ticket even if they have to enjoy a 30 minute wait in Gala (or worse still Hawick).

overthewater

Established Member
I hope through passengers still get to buy a through ticket even if they have to enjoy a 30 minute wait in Gala (or worse still Hawick).

There cheaper buying a Zone x day ticket. Mind you I doubt there will be many throw passengers.
Two strange tweets have appeared this morning:

https://twitter.com/FirstScotland/status/754948543337693184
We would just like to advise those using the Pokemon Go app near our Scotland East depots to stop coming within the vicinity as it's unsafe. Thank you for your understanding
https://twitter.com/FirstScotland/status/754957469487628288
We would just like to advise those using the Pokemon Go app to not enter the vicinity of our bus depots. The depots are vehicle movement areas and unsafe for the public. Thank you for your understanding

Last edited by a moderator:

oldman

There cheaper buying a Zone x day ticket. Mind you I doubt there will be many throw passengers.

Are you sure? Langholm-Edinburgh £7.20 according to Traveline. Day ticket ???? - I can't find the information on FSE's website.

overthewater

Established Member
The FSE website is in need of some TLC,

Here are the current and crap zones https://www.firstgroup.com/uploads/maps/Scotland_Fare_Zones_Map.pdf

6+ Zones £13.20

I believe there changes a foot for those zone since there badly out of date and were also controlled by the undertaking...

1 Zone Zone M only £3.50
1 Zone Zone L Only £4.70
1 Zone Zone L Only (Off-peak)** £4
1 Zone Other (Except Zone G) £5.60
2 Zones South Queensferry/ Kirkliston (LMN)* £3.50
2 Zone LM only £7.30
2 Zones Others £7.80
3 - 5 Zones £10.50
6+ Zones £13.20
###
Some Good news from FSE: Its been reported the 19 NEW E400MMC are coming next month.

Last edited:

overthewater

Established Member
T
Some Good news from FSE: Its been reported the 19 NEW E400MMC are coming next month.

I think you have mis understood my post. If you reread what I said,
its been reported the 19 NEW E400MMC are coming next month
Ie there coming into service next month. Which is good news, since there can at least say look were investing in FSE.

Volvodart

Established Member
That is what I said. The press release from May said that they were coming in AUGUST.

overthewater

Established Member
All I can say its Check mate to you. Its not often there kept to the correct order date of late with the FSE stock.

The first set of service changes are the way in Stirling area:
http://my.stirling.gov.uk/services/...ansport-information/transport-service-changes

WITHDRAWN:
* B8/C8: Balfron - Drymen - Croftamie -Carbeth - Maryhill - Glasgow
* C16
* 32/C32
* 508: School bus for Killearn
* 511 for Aberfolyle

I wonder if those school runs have been replaced,

Revised timetables,
* No10: Balfron - Glasgow - still hourly.
* C11: Stirling - Cambusbarron - Blairdrummond - Thornhill - Port of Menteith - Aberfoyle: Every 2 hours
* B12/312: Stirling - Gargunnock - Kippen - Buchlyvie - Balfron: every 2 hours

Revised list:

Border:

E Lothian:
School work 14 buses

Stirling and Falkirk:
508/511: Two school buses
58 - 1 buses

First Has retained nearly all its Falkirk contracts and has even picked up some one in the Bo'ness area, until its rubber stamped I wont say. School work is unknown. If we add in the new stock for Livingston, its around 70 buses are for the chop, Again with the school contracts this could still go up or down.
####

This is another turn up for the books, Perryman is going after the Dunbar route.....
https://www.perrymansbuses.co.uk/news/perrymans-invest-half-million-pounds-in-new-routes

Perryman's Buses is pleased to be introducing a number of new and enhanced bus routes from Monday 15 August 2016.

The new routes, which will serve Hawick, Selkirk and Galashiels, will be delivered by dedicated drivers in new route-branded vehicles.

This investment of approximately £500,000 demonstrates Perryman's Buses commitment in offering local people a reliable, friendly and quality bus service.

In addition to the new routes Perryman's Buses will be enhancing it's service 253, Berwick upon Tweed to Edinburgh via Dunbar and Haddington route.

Once again the local firm will be investing in new vehicles with the service operating on an hourly basis.

Service details include:
Service H1 and H2 - Hawick Town Centre. Both services will each operate on an hourly frequency.
Service 73 - Selkirk Bannerfield to Galashiels. This is an hourly during the day (Monday to Saturday) with an extra morning journey connecting with the Borders Railway at Galashiels.
Service 253 - Berwick upon Tweed to Edinburgh via Dunbar and Haddington. This is an hourly service.

Perryman's Buses shall be attending the Hawick Your Bus Matters event at Hawick Town Hall on Friday 22 July 10am till 1pm.

Volvodart

Established Member
Another First route has been saved by a local operator with the 108 Haddington to Fort Kinnaird being taken on by Prentice Coaches.

overthewater

Established Member
https://www.firstgroup.com/uploads/...nd Bannockburn timetable changes 1 Aug 16.pdf

Service Changes Central Scotland From Monday 22nd August 2016
Service 3 Grangemouth – Falkirk – Tamfourhill – Falkirk Wheel
Revised timetable Monday to Saturday.
Revised timetable on services 4/4A. Throughout most of the day Monday to Saturday, one service 4A journey per hour will operate as service 4B from Grangemouth and Falkirk to Camelon Tesco and extend to Croy Station via Bonnybridge (Highland Dykes), Banknock, Banton and Kilsyth partly replacing service X86.
Sunday timetable is unchanged.
The Falkirk Council tendered section of route between Forth Valley Hospital and Dunipace via Bonnybridge and Denny will be replaced by new service F11. Lamond View in Stenhousemuir is no longer served. Service number 6A is discontinued.
Revised Timetable. Throughout most of the day Monday to Saturday, the frequency will be revised to run hourly. The Monday to Saturday evening and all day Sunday service will no longer operate. The section of route between Stenhousemuir and Dunipace via Muirhall Road, Forth Valley Hospital, Bonnybridge and Denny will be replaced by new Falkirk Council tendered service F11. In Stenhousemuir,
buses will terminate at Asda and Lamond View is no longer served. Service number 7A is discontinued.

For full details of all new timetables please visit:
www.FirstScotlandEast.com/timetables

From Monday 22nd August 2016
Service 17 Falkirk – Slamannan – Limerigg
Revised timetable as a result of Falkirk Council tender changes.
This service will no longer operate. Alternatively, passengers can travel on service X39 between Stirling, Denny, Dennyloanhead and Haggs, services 54B/54C between Stirling and Clark Street and new service 4B between Dennyloanhead, Banknock and Kilsyth.
Service X39 Stirling – Denny – Cumbernauld – Glasgow
Minor timetable alteration. The Monday to Friday journey, 0700 Stirling to Glasgow, will no longer operate.
Services 58/358/358A Ashfield – Dunblane – Bridge of Allan – Stirling – Bannockburn
This service will no longer operate.
The are no changes to the route and timetable between Callander and Stirling. The Falkirk Council tendered section of route between Stirling and Falkirk via Fallin, Airth and Carronshore will be replaced by service F16 and between Forth Valley Hospital and Stenhouse Road (Carron Dams) via Muirhall Road and Stenhousemuir
Main Street by new service F11.
This service will operate between Clackmannan and Alloa only during Monday to Saturday on a frequency of every 30 minutes. Alternatively, passengers can travel on services 62/62A/62B/63/63A/63B between Alloa, Tullibody and Stirling, services 54/54A/54B/54C between Stirling and Cowie and services 38/38A between Stirling, Plean and Forth Valley Hospital.

For full details of all new timetables please visit: www.FirstScotlandEast.com/timetables

Service Changes Central Scotland From Monday 22nd August 2016

Services 62/62A/62B/63/63A/63B Stirling – Tillicoultry – Alloa – Stirling
Revised route. Services 62/63 will no longer serve Sauchie (Beechwood) however services 62A/63A will extend from Tillicoultry to Stirling via Devonside, Sauchie (Beechwood), Alloa and Tullibody. Services 62B/63B will operate during Monday to Saturday evenings and all day Sunday and provide a combination of routes 62/62A/63/63A. Mar Place in Sauchie is no longer served.

A frequency of up to every 15 minutes will be provided throughout most of the day Monday to Saturday, up to every 30 minutes most of Sunday and hourly every evening.
This service will no longer operate. Alternatively, passengers can travel on new service 4B between Falkirk, Banknock, Banton and Kilsyth and First Glasgow services 89 and 88C between Kilsyth, Kirkintilloch and Glasgow.

Dollar Academy Services
Service 324 Bannockburn – Dollar Academy
Revised timetable.
Service 391 Falkirk – Kincardine – Dollar Academy
Revised timetable.
The route will be revised between Falkirk Bus Station and Bellsdyke Road to serve Camelon, Larbert Main Street and Muirhall Road. Polmont, Laurieston and Bainsford are no longer served. For full details of all new timetables please visit: www.FirstScotlandEast.com/timetables

Falkirk Council Tendered Services

Service F11 Falkirk – Mungalhead – Stenhousemuir – Larbert – Forth Valley Royal Hospital – Dunipace
This new service, supported by Falkirk Council, will operate from Falkirk Asda to Dunipace via Mungalhead, Stenhousemuir (Carron Dams), Muirhall Road, The Inches, Forth Valley Hospital, Bonnybridge (Highland Dykes) and Denny Cross.
An hourly frequency will be provided approximately between 0700 and 1900 during every day of the week.
This new service, supported by Falkirk Council, will operate from Falkirk High Station to The Kelpies via Corentin Court (High Flats), Falkirk Bus Station, Grahamston Station and Middlefield. An hourly frequency will be provided throughout most of day during every day of the week.
Services F21/612/613 Falkirk – Larbert – Denny – Fankerton
Service F27 Falkirk – Bonnybridge – Banknock
These services will no longer operate as a result of Falkirk Council tender changes. New service F11 largely replaces service F21.
As a result of Falkirk Council tender changes, the route between Wallacestone and Falkirk will be revised to serve Polmont (Gilston Park), Polmont (Main Street) and direct to Falkirk Bus Station (Sandy Loan no longer served).
For full details of all new timetables please visit:

Last edited:

ian1944

Re. the Perrymans 253 becoming hourly, there are no details of the revised timetable on their website. Does anyone know of a link elsewhere?

overthewater

Established Member
Re. the Perrymans 253 becoming hourly, there are no details of the revised timetable on their website. Does anyone know of a link elsewhere?

It was just appected today by the TC....

PM1121403/10 - PERRYMAN'S BUSES LTD, RAMPARTS BUSINESS PARK, NORTH ROAD, BERWICK-UPON-TWEED, TD15 1TX
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Grantshouse and Haddington given service number 253 effective from 14-Aug-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PM1121403/11 - PERRYMAN'S BUSES LTD, RAMPARTS BUSINESS PARK, NORTH ROAD, BERWICK-UPON-TWEED, TD15 1TX
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Haddington and Edinburgh Haymarket given service number 253 effective from 14-Aug-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.
https://www.perrymansbuses.co.uk/timetables The timetables are now online.

317 forever

Established Member
Some details of the new East Coast Buses routes can be found here. The validity of the £9 day ticket valid on Lothian buses & trams, even the Airport services, is being extended to include ECB services. This will make this ticket good value!
https://eastcoastbuses.co.uk/fares/

overthewater

Established Member
Well in better news the company had its official launch yesterday of the new E400 which wooden floors usb etc Its cost a pretty penny. There do look smart inside.

Alas the Transport minster turn up 20mins late......

Status
Not open for further replies.