• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Midland Bluebird

Status
Not open for further replies.

overthewater

Established Member
Funnily enough I was up at Stirling Uni on Wednesday afternoon. AFAIK it was only freshers who were in the uni this week, but the UL was definitely struggling – lots of bunching. I drove through Stirling on the way home and as far as I could see the rest of the new network was coping fine. In fact none of the buses I saw were particularly busy for late afternoon – which might explain why First felt the need to reduce their services. One thing I hadn’t realised about First was just how many school services they must run. At lunchtime Bannockburn was full of double deckers – any idea what the vehicle requirement is for schools?

Most of the school services are in the timetable section but not all of them, I do believe there are some linlithgow TT not listed?

The m ticket app not working properly resulting in people having to buy cash or contactless fares will have also added time since the changes kicked in.
None of the people were not asking for for any of that. You can buy Student weekly on the bus. Even then if you know there problem surly you would put in extra resource?

How many times have they changed the routes/numbering in the past 2 years?
Falkirk none,
West Lothian got slight change back in 2016? which saw the 800 and 26 merge and 21/22 being up to every 20mins
Stirling: Only the 53 has been changed.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Volvodart

Established Member
Dart 43871 is for Livingston. It is in the newer First wedge livery without the coloured front, but the flash on the side is Midland blue.

lastbus

Dart 43871 is for Livingston. It is in the newer First wedge livery without the coloured front, but the flash on the side is Midland blue.

This bus is for Lanarkshire and has been fitted with a vault these darts are for first Glasgow

Volvodart

Established Member
It was reported for there elsewhere but this is the latest news. Livingston use hoppers too and it has the Midland blue colour on it.

route101

Established Member
Noticed a lot of First buses in Livi have defective destination screens.

Journeyman

Established Member
Apparently 33443 and 33444 are at Caledonia right now getting a special livery for the 600.

How is the 600 doing? I live in Winchburgh and every one I've seen looks pretty empty. I've not had much cause to use it yet, but one of my kids works at the airport so it's very handy for him. I'm a bit concerned it might not last very long.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
How is the 600 doing? I live in Winchburgh and every one I've seen looks pretty empty. I've not had much cause to use it yet, but one of my kids works at the airport so it's very handy for him. I'm a bit concerned it might not last very long.

I'm not from the area so i can't really comment. But they're probably just trying to get the route "out there". Having vehicles in a special livery is certainly the right direction.

In Focus

It will last for forseable future ,2 vehicles currently in Paint Shop being branded with 600 airport design . Doing ok more so in the morning with workers but servicing thevold 22a part means £££ for it .
Do not be surprised if in future it also heads East into Edinburgh City centre !!

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Caetano Dart 43871 has been repainted in to the new livery for First Scotland East. The new livery is the same as that for Glasgow but the colour band at the rear is the Midland Bluebird Blue instead of the normal Lilac.

Observer

How many liveries do they need...they've nearly finished rolling out the blue livery for the most part. No point throwing that out the window for a Glasgow copycat with just the rear band being different. Unless it was already in the paint shop and the move to Livingston was a last-minute thing...

Last edited:

Volvodart

Established Member
63244 is now in the new livery. The colours used look like navy blue at the back and midland blue flash.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
63244 is now in the new livery. The colours used look like navy blue at the back and midland blue flash.

The new livery is to be called "The Urban Look". Aberdeen's variant is allegedly Black and Green, the Streetlites will be done first, i'd suspect the new Deckers will carry the livery too. But that's off topic for here!

Scott mac

The new livery is to be called "The Urban Look". Aberdeen's variant is allegedly Black and Green, the Streetlites will be done first, i'd suspect the new Deckers will carry the livery too. But that's off topic for here!
Black and green

Status
Not open for further replies.